Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
But with the timer on it won’t initiate charging above the minimum set point - 25%
Yes, the charging on hold is blue.

Charging rate is usually .05M/Min
Plenty of time between 12-8 (8 hours) to get to 85% from 25%
Do you think it won’t charge at all from 25 to 85 if it calculates insufficient time?
At half mile a minute it should take 360 minutes or 6 hours to get from 25% to 85.

Appreciate any guidance
I have no idea what the issue is with your setup. My profile is set to 40% and my timer is set to hit 85% at 8AM daily. My charge rate is about 9kW (no idea what that translates to in miles per minute). I wish I could provide better info than letting you know that it works fine for me.
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Charging rate is usually .05M/Min
Was that a type-o? .05 miles per minute is 3 miles per hour which is definitely not enough time to finish charging in your desired window.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I've given up on the timer. It has never worked for me.

My PROFILE - GENERAL is set for 25% charge and turned ON.
My TIMER is set for an 8AM departure, seven days a week to 85% and turned ON.

If my SOC is below 25%, it will charge to 25%.
After that nothing happens - I get a notification "UNABLE TO REACH SET TARGET CHARGE" - WHY???
It also will say CHARGING ON HOLD. It doesn't move beyond a 25% charge.

I have to turn off timer to charge the car. I dropped off the car at the Porsche dealer. They had it for five days and couldn't figure out why this was happening. They said "don't use the timer' - IT DOESN'T WORK.

No further support from Porsche, other than a remark "I must have a lemon".

I am using a Chargepoint charger at home, and charges perfectly well without timers on
Have you tried using the PMC+ which came with your car or another AC EVSE as a basic test - sounds like a conflict with the EVSE in use?

Also don't enable optimised charging if you have no alternative power source eg solar.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have no idea what the issue is with your setup. My profile is set to 40% and my timer is set to hit 85% at 8AM daily. My charge rate is about 9kW (no idea what that translates to in miles per minute). I wish I could provide better info than letting you know that it works fine for me.
Tap the charge rate on the display and it will switch to miles / kWh.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

WindsurfUS1111

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD; 2023 Rivian R1S; 2018 Volvo XC90
Country flag
Have you tried using the PMC+ which came with your car or another AC EVSE as a basic test - sounds like a conflict with the EVSE in use?

Also don't enable optimised charging if you have no alternative power source eg solar.
optimized charging is off.
This am no charging occurred with my timer settings until I turned on the car, then the charging began
Is there a setting that requires the car to be “on” with timers? Ridiculous I know…

there’s also an annoying buzzing that occurs beneath dash area

it will go off if I turn AUTO fan setting off, but I don’t think it is fan related

I can turn fan up without AUTO setting and noise is gone

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
optimized charging is off.
This am no charging occurred with my timer settings until I turned on the car, then the charging began
Is there a setting that requires the car to be “on” with timers? Ridiculous I know…

there’s also an annoying buzzing that occurs beneath dash area

it will go off if I turn AUTO fan setting off, but I don’t think it is fan related

I can turn fan up without AUTO setting and noise is gone
No such setting.

When AC charging commences the HVAC system clicks in and whirs - this is normal.

If you have the preheat on door unlocking enabled then that will also trigger the cabin AC to kick in when you open the door.

Really think you should try another AC EVSE.

Have you checked the cables you are using?

Have you tried the PMC+ EVSE that you got with the car?

My theory is that the issue relates to the EVSE you are using and not the car.

WindsurfUS1111

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No such setting.

When AC charging commences the HVAC system clicks in and whirs - this is normal.

If you have the preheat on door unlocking enabled then that will also trigger the cabin AC to kick in when you open the door.

Really think you should try another AC EVSE.

Have you checked the cables you are using?

Have you tried the PMC+ EVSE that you got with the car?

My theory is that the issue relates to the EVSE you are using and not the car.
thanks. I have a Chargepoint EVSE, that works fine for three friends that have 23 Taycans without issues

I also had a new Chargepoint installed to replace the previous new one. Nothing changed. The Chargepoint works fine to charge as long as I don’t have timer enabled.

I also have a wild flickering of passenger display without turning it on

I wonder if there isn’t something wrong with PMC / power controls??

the buzzing is sometimes quite loud and can be heard outside of the car from 15 feet away

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
thanks. I have a Chargepoint EVSE, that works fine for three friends that have 23 Taycans without issues

I also had a new Chargepoint installed to replace the previous new one. Nothing changed. The Chargepoint works fine to charge as long as I don’t have timer enabled.

I also have a wild flickering of passenger display without turning it on

I wonder if there isn’t something wrong with PMC / power controls??

the buzzing is sometimes quite loud and can be heard outside of the car from 15 feet away
So I would try your car on their Chargepoint and see what happens - will help to isolate the problem area. If you get the same issue then it will be clear that the issue is with the car which means back to the dealership.

WindsurfUS1111

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I would try your car on their Chargepoint and see what happens - will help to isolate the problem area. If you get the same issue then it will be clear that the issue is with the car which means back to the dealership.
Thanks, will do.

C4sxm5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
720s
Country flag
Can anyone confirm if I’m doing this right.

I want the car to start charging anytime after 8pm and to stop prior to 5pm. (Peak is 5-8pm).

I set my profile to preferred with start time of 815pm and end time of 445pm, but it doesn’t start charging at 815pm.

Therefore I Also set a timer for everyday at 7am but noticed it wasn’t charging at 815. Assuming it won’t start charging until it needed to to complete the 85% goal at 7am (around 5am since I’m 76% SOC now).
SO I changed the departure time to 10pm and it started right away as intended. Prefer to have a full charge asap Vs waiting until 7am but want to confirm this will work.

With my Tesla I just need to tell it when I can start charging (8pm) and the car starts exactly at 8pm
Porsche Taycan General profile v timer E38A0DAE-37FB-4951-AA22-9EC9161AB4C4
Porsche Taycan General profile v timer E499542B-8F58-4260-BD6F-E4BAF2080618

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Can anyone confirm if I’m doing this right.

I want the car to start charging anytime after 8pm and to stop prior to 5pm. (Peak is 5-8pm).

I set my profile to preferred with start time of 815pm and end time of 445pm, but it doesn’t start charging at 815pm.

Therefore I Also set a timer for everyday at 7am but noticed it wasn’t charging at 815. Assuming it won’t start charging until it needed to to complete the 85% goal at 7am (around 5am since I’m 76% SOC now).
SO I changed the departure time to 10pm and it started right away as intended. Prefer to have a full charge asap Vs waiting until 7am but want to confirm this will work.

With my Tesla I just need to tell it when I can start charging (8pm) and the car starts exactly at 8pm
E38A0DAE-37FB-4951-AA22-9EC9161AB4C4.png
E499542B-8F58-4260-BD6F-E4BAF2080618.jpeg
This sounds a little muddled if I'm following correctly.

You appear to have a pm / am mix up.

Start and end times chosen are within the same day - between 5pm and 10pm (not the other way round).

The timer is a departure timer which means I want my car to be charged by 7am (10 hours before your profile window).

If your off peak / low tariff period is between 5pm and 10pm then change your profile to reflect this.

If you want the charging session to end by 10pm then set the Timer to 10pm which will end the charging session for that day.

The car will then start to charge no earlier than 5pm and reach your target charge by 10pm and then stop.

The only caveat here is that your battery SOC can't be too low at the start of the charging session as there may not be enough time within your window to reach your target charge of 85%.

C4sxm5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
720s
Country flag
This sounds a little muddled if I'm following correctly.

You appear to have a pm / am mix up.

Start and end times chosen are within the same day - between 5pm and 10pm (not the other way round).

The timer is a departure timer which means I want my car to be charged by 7am (10 hours before your profile window).

If your off peak / low tariff period is between 5pm and 10pm then change your profile to reflect this.

If you want the charging session to end by 10pm then set the Timer to 10pm which will end the charging session for that day.

The car will then start to charge no earlier than 5pm and reach your target charge by 10pm and then stop.

The only caveat here is that your battery SOC can't be too low at the start of the charging session as there may not be enough time within your window to reach your target charge of 85%.
Thanks for the quick response. My SMUD peak during the winter is between 5-8PM, so I only want to charge between 801pm and 459pm. How would you enter that into the profile?
Sponsored