Got my car - now more questions !

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Sideskirts:
Did anyone switch the side skirts from regular plastics to the ones available at suncoast and change the color on them ? They have to be painted. I wanted to add carbon fiber or HGB

Screen protectors:
Did anyone protect there screens with screen protectors (also available at suncoast). I’ve never done that in my previous cars, so just wondering (pros and cons). It’s not like my iphone that i keep dropping

Outdoor Cover:
Any use ?

Rubber Floor Mats:
Any use ?

Sponsored

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Sideskirts:
Did anyone switch the side skirts from regular plastics to the ones available at suncoast and change the color on them ? They have to be painted. I wanted to add carbon fiber or HGB

Screen protectors:
Did anyone protect there screens with screen protectors (also available at suncoast). I’ve never done that in my previous cars, so just wondering (pros and cons). It’s not like my iphone that i keep dropping

Outdoor Cover:
Any use ?

Rubber Floor Mats:
Any use ?

I switch to rubber mats in the winter to save the salt stains on the carpet ones.

I haven't tried them yet, but I believe the screen protectors also help with finger prints.

Last edited:

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Just keep a microfiber cloth handy for the screen. At least that’s what I plan to do

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Sideskirts:

Screen protectors:

Outdoor Cover:
Any use ?

Rubber Floor Mats:
Any use ?

Check that the cover has a flap for connecting the charging cable - indoor one doesn't (or didn't at launch) - otherwise you have to lift the cover to connect (designer must have been dozing that day!).

Rubber mats - winter weather / grime - worth having.

Screen protectors - never use - we don't get much sun!

Sideskirts - left as is as I wanted full body colour (as per other Porsche models with Sport Design skirts) but on the Taycan there is only a coloured insert so not worth paying extra for half a job!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Sideskirts:
Not worth the $ IMO. They'll get beat up over time.

Screen protectors:
My PPF installer put a piece of Xpel film on the console screen. I keep a microfiber in both front door pockets. I keep microfiber cloths in all my cars - must have. (dusting, screens, etc.)

Outdoor Cover:
If you're going to park it outside.

Rubber Floor Mats:
100% yes!

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sideskirts:

Screen protectors:

Outdoor Cover:
Any use ?

Rubber Floor Mats:
Any use ?

I negotiated with my dealer to provide the Porsche all weather rubber mats. They look absolutely great IMO

SRMA

First Name
Shardul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Paint the side skirts to match body color.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Just keep a microfiber cloth handy for the screen. At least that’s what I plan to do
+1. I keep one of these in my center console storage compartment and it works really well at quickly removing dust and fingerprints. I like the glass look and didn’t want the matte finish most of the screen protectors provide.
Porsche Taycan Got my car - now more questions ! 6BBB4705-226D-44D1-8E07-91A29564C3D7

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Sideskirts:

Screen protectors:

Outdoor Cover:
Any use ?

Rubber Floor Mats:
Any use ?

1) Skirts same for now

2) Screen Protectors - I posted about these a long time back and ordered a set from SunCoast in July 2021 - I've applied only one to date and that is on the center console - and they are nothing to do with exposure to sunlight (W1NGE) but act like the screen protector you may or may not use on your phone to protect from permanently scratching. Once applied it does give a slightly more matt look to the glass (not great) but they work absolutely perfectly and the fit is exact. Quite happy with it so far and zero impact on sensitivity of the screen. I touch the other screens so infrequently that I may not apply to them - TBD!

3) Always garaged so no use to me but honestly these things tend to cause more damage to paint than exposure sometimes BUT I can certainly appreciate wanting one if you have no garage option.

4) Bought a set in mid 2021 too - they are sharp but I actually have not swapped the carpet out yet as weather here has just been too nice to bother :) If up north with snow/slush/street muck etc they would be invaluable.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Congrats on your Taycan, @maddie :clap:
What kind of colour (exterior, interior) did you choose?

Rubber mats? Not my cup of tea ;)

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Sideskirts:
Assuming that you're referring to the Sport Design Side Skirts, I have them with body color inserts, and I would say they are nice. I did not switch to these, however, as I specified the option in my build. I agree with @SRM AUTOSPORTS and question the value of the carbon fiber or high gloss black for the insert. It's super subtle even with the body color.
Screen protectors:
No. It's mostly for fingerprints, which are easy enough to clean off from time to time.
Outdoor Cover: Any use ?
No. But I would consider if parking outdoors.
Rubber Floor Mats: Any use ?
No. Just preference on my part. I would prefer to clean the mats regularly and even replace them if they got ratty.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
I negotiated with my dealer to provide the Porsche all weather rubber mats. They look absolutely great IMO
Ditto on negotiating for the all-weather rubber mats to be included gratis. Got the Porsche frunk and trunk liners, too. They all really do look fine and function flawlessly.

On my 2005 Mini Cooper S I use WeatherTech mats, and after 17 years hard use, the floors look like new. So, in general, I think rubber mats are the way to go.

But the design and fit of these Porsche mats and liners are top-notch.
Sponsored