GTS Order…

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
So my dealer told me the GTS order placed last year finally came through for April delivery.

I’m pretty sure residuals on my 5 month old 4S aren’t so good and not willing to lose £10k to swap for a car which isn’t significantly different imo for a massive premium and then look in a couple of years.

I’ve asked for dealer to give me a price on the p/ex just in case otherwise I’m pulling out so i don’t loose deposit… lock date is end of Jan!

This is a common thing now with lots of cars on the market!

Porsche Taycan GTS Order… 6CDF1FCC-E780-4E6C-A4B1-9EA6EA1F9D3C
Sponsored

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
So my dealer told me the GTS order placed last year finally came through for April delivery.

I’m pretty sure residuals on my 5 month old 4S aren’t so good and not willing to lose £10k to swap for a car which isn’t significantly different imo for a massive premium and then look in a couple of years.

I’ve asked for dealer to give me a price on the p/ex just in case otherwise I’m pulling out so i don’t loose deposit… lock date is end of Jan!

6CDF1FCC-E780-4E6C-A4B1-9EA6EA1F9D3C.png
Porsche Leicester by any chance?!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
West London…
Interesting. I wonder if the flood of allocations mid-month suggests there's lots of cancellations being made.

I was offered a slot yesterday but had to turn it down. Leicester.

Regardless, congrats on the allocation and hopefully you'll get a nice trade in value with the 4S.

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Interesting. I wonder if the flood of allocations mid-month suggests there's lots of cancellations being made.

Regardless, congrats on the allocation and hopefully you'll get a nice trade in value with the 4S.
90% chance i will get offered £10-15k less in which case I’ll decline. Just waiting to hear from him…

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag

How come you declined ?

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How come you declined ?
Currently in the process of potentially shifting my business abroad and before the new tax year. I too would be leaving the UK permanently by end of March.

Taycan delivery in April. Terrible timing!

If I end up residing in Europe for half the year then I will continue with the purchase. But too many unknowns so had to annoyingly say no.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

6CDF1FCC-E780-4E6C-A4B1-9EA6EA1F9D3C.png
Always allow for £10k per annum depreciation.

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Depreciation isn't linear. Most cars of around six figures lose that as soon as you drive it out of the showroom.
I get that - i meant that i'm not prepared to lose that much after just 6 months of ownership as i've had the worst of it as i drove out the showroom.

A few months ago i would have probably got more than i paid for it.

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
It's all relative but it's probably better to keep the car longer and ride out the loss than switch so soon to something not so drastically different....

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It's all relative but it's probably better to keep the car longer and ride out the loss than switch so soon to something not so drastically different....
Stock and availability has tipped the balance in favour of the dealerships.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I get that - i meant that i'm not prepared to lose that much after just 6 months of ownership as i've had the worst of it as i drove out the showroom.

A few months ago i would have probably got more than i paid for it.
If it's any consolation, I picked up my RWD Taycan in November. I will be trading that in come beginning of July for a GTS ST, and I'll be losing slightly more than you. Granted, there is a bigger difference between a RWD Taycan and a GTS compared with a 4S, but the depreciation argument still stands.

I haven't driven a GTS, but from all the feedback I've read, and watched, the GTS is more than just a slight increase in performance on the 4S. It has a unique set-up compared to other Taycans, and is the (cliche) "sweet-spot" in the Taycan range. I see it as a big step-up over the 4S in driver satisfaction. Or at least I hope it will be.
Sponsored