First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tayvan GTS, June BMW M4 Convert, Audi, Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Hi:
I need some input from the group on my order process.
  1. In January, I put a deposit ($5k). I got a verbal that I had an allocation for March, delivery in June.
  2. After lots of iffy conversations, I was told I would lock on March 23rd. In a way too rushed conversation, I sent my rep the build and she 'put it in' as she said. I asked for confirmation and I got a stressed-out reply that was something like, your build code is what it is. Delivery is not July 15th and it may slip, which I understand.
  3. I asked to get the link so I could follow my build and got another stressed response like I was asking for something bizarre.
  4. That's the last I've heard
  5. This is the Marin County Dealership, but no need to publish the name -- I'm not trying to create any ill will.

I seems to me that for $160k plus order, I would get some kind of hard confirmation that
1) the build I gave her is indeed the build I am getting
2) That I actually have a car in the process
3) I'd be able to follow the build process as we've discussed on the forum.

I'm not getting replies to my emails (actually one email asking if she could add me to the follow my build process.

Is this similar to others' experiences? I'm not looking to be catered to. But jeez, seems a little iffy to me.

I'd love to hear about your experiences and what I should expect!

Thanks,
Andrew
Sponsored

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I can say that my dealer was fairly clueless when it came to the TYD site, multiple times telling me that I should wait for an email. That said though, they did send me build sheets (made a few changes over the months between ordering and production) and provide updates when asked (though has been up front about not really having many updates these days).

In the end, I emailed Porsche support asking them to add the car to my account and they went ahead and did so a few days later. I had attached the most recent build sheet to my order, which I assume was proof that I was in fact the future owner, not sure if they could do it without that info though.

The most polite way to ask in my mind would be to ask for a receipt of the deposit, and a build sheet with it. You can make up some story that you need it for tax purposes if you'd like. Go in person, and I expect it will be fine.

Honestly, I think most of it has to do with their sales staff not being the best at email communications (coming from someone in IT that deals in almost exclusively written communication). The service is there, and evident in person, but they lack that extra polish you need for email to really be effective.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Hi:
I need some input from the group on my order process.
  1. In January, I put a deposit ($5k). I got a verbal that I had an allocation for March, delivery in June.
  2. After lots of iffy conversations, I was told I would lock on March 23rd. In a way too rushed conversation, I sent my rep the build and she 'put it in' as she said. I asked for confirmation and I got a stressed-out reply that was something like, your build code is what it is. Delivery is not July 15th and it may slip, which I understand.
  3. I asked to get the link so I could follow my build and got another stressed response like I was asking for something bizarre.
  4. That's the last I've heard
  5. This is the Marin County Dealership, but no need to publish the name -- I'm not trying to create any ill will.

I seems to me that for $160k plus order, I would get some kind of hard confirmation that
1) the build I gave her is indeed the build I am getting
2) That I actually have a car in the process
3) I'd be able to follow the build process as we've discussed on the forum.

I'm not getting replies to my emails (actually one email asking if she could add me to the follow my build process.

Is this similar to others' experiences? I'm not looking to be catered to. But jeez, seems a little iffy to me.

I'd love to hear about your experiences and what I should expect!

Thanks,
Andrew
do you have a build code?

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
No question, talk to the general manager, or the dealer principal. Call and make an appointment, or ask when they are in and go personally. They are there to sell cars and make happy customers. Start with, I think we're having a mis understanding and want to be clear about this process. If they don't care or won't give you specific answers, ask about getting your deposit back, so they know you're serious.

OP
OP

andrew1cohen

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
do you have a build code?
Yes, I do. I was thinking about sending a note to Porsche support with the build code. Might that work?

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Go and see them in person.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Funny enough, I also placed deposit for a GTS (Sport Turismo though) through Marin at end Jan. Was told I'm #5 in line, unclear if that's #5 in general, #5 for GTS, or #5 for GTS ST.

My SA at has not given much info to me, but he has replied to my texts asking about delays basically saying that when he knows, I'll know. No complaints there.

Not expecting to hear much until we get closer to order lock, which (In January) was estimated to be in the summer. I'm fine with that, I just hope they give me some updates on estimated production start some time before May.

God knows if that timeframe will hold but I'm not holding my breath.

OP
OP

andrew1cohen

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got a call (VM) from my rep -- I'm in V170, going to V200 in the next few days. I should hear from Porsche shortly. It was great to get that VM. Thanks to everyone fro your support!

@npx: I looked and I put my deposit down on December 4th, not in January. Maybe that's why you are #5. I got the feeling I was one of the first few who put a deposit down, but I don't really know.

I'll post as I know more!

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I got a call (VM) from my rep -- I'm in V170, going to V200 in the next few days. I should hear from Porsche shortly. It was great to get that VM. Thanks to everyone fro your support!

@npx: I looked and I put my deposit down on December 4th, not in January. Maybe that's why you are #5. I got the feeling I was one of the first few who put a deposit down, but I don't really know.

I'll post as I know more!
Wow! Congrats! Makes sense - I'm hopeful of 1-2 per month putting me in June/July for order lock.

OP
OP

andrew1cohen

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Another update:

My rep called today to take my driver's license and insurance info. She's sending me the info on financing, and a bunch of optional service offerings (like the paint coating). She also said there is some problem with my email and they will have me in the system as soon as it's fixed.

End of month wrap up for my rep got her moving!

3-4 months to wait, but it's getting real!
Sponsored