First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Jan '23 is ball park IMO.

I' d hold tight now. Get a test drive when available. Look at the ex-demos that will hit the market in case they fit the bill and then push for more info into the middle of the year.

Porsche will be playing a balancing game to preserve demand (better for used values) and will no doubt have component supply issues.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Oh, and things like the ship fire won't help.

I also don't think dealers know exactly what allocation they are getting. I think Porsche (aot dealers) could handle that way better... But it's evidently not believed to be in their interests to do so.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I'm expecting a price hike by the time I get the bill for my GTS ST.

Commodities prices are only going one way; electricity is going sky high, especially in Germany, where their Russian gas is now being cut off so manufacturing costs increase; and rampant inflation means many people with cash to burn - like us forum members - are desperate to use it, driving up demand.

Part of the delayed delivery time equation is a balancing act from Porsche (VW) about hedging and profitability. They don't want to rush out cars as they can't be certain where order books will be even by end of this year.

And as @Murph7355 points out, it's in Porsche interests to keep residuals sky high. They want to convince the typical Porsche buyer that on balance, the Taycan is a smarter purchase over their ICE equivalents that will see heavy devaluation into 2030.

They've also taken the Hermes handbag sales psychology and applied it to sports cars. That too keeps even second hand values high, as buyers are once again persuaded to go EV. Clever Germans.

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Booked my Silverstone track day this morning for mid April. I was previously advised that they would have a GTS saloon but not a ST which I was happy with. Now been advised that the delivery of the GTS saloon has been delayed until at least mid May.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Booked my Silverstone track day this morning for mid April. I was previously advised that they would have a GTS saloon but not a ST which I was happy with. Now been advised that the delivery of the GTS saloon has been delayed until at least mid May.
Spoke to my dealer yesterday.

Told me to "expect delays", but they have not heard anything officially. Said they should know something concrete in the next couple of weeks.

If gas ceases to be supplied to Germany, which is vital to their manufacturing, and something I was expecting, then delays will be extended out even further.

I'm anticipating a two year wait for my GTS ST. And a much higher MSRP by the time I come to pay.

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Spoke to my dealer yesterday.

Told me to "expect delays", but they have not heard anything officially. Said they should know something concrete in the next couple of weeks.

If gas ceases to be supplied to Germany, which is vital to their manufacturing, and something I was expecting, then delays will be extended out even further.

I'm anticipating a two year wait for my GTS ST. And a much higher MSRP by the time I come to pay.
When did you order?
I didnt think they could increase the price in the UK unlike other markets.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When did you order?
Deposit paid beginning Feb 2022.

Was told 12-15 months until delivery and the dealer was adamant that was the case, while others (Porsche owned) were convinced it wouldn't be until Q4 2023.

I asked my dealer if price was honoured based on deposit date. They said no. Price paid will be either what it is on date of payment, or the date of finance agreement starting.

Hence, I am now factoring in +10% on my current configuration - which at today's price is £125k - by the time I come to pay. I'm putting aside another £12k and will decide if it's worth it nearer the time and assuming price increases happen which, based on what's going on with commodities/inflation, I think is unavoidable.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
When did you order?
Anyone taking delivery of a MY23+ will I assume have the prices, standard spec/equipment and option choices (including colours) specific to that model year.

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag

Was told 12-15 months until delivery and the dealer was adamant that was the case, while others (Porsche owned) were convinced it wouldn't be until Q4 2023.

I asked my dealer if price was honoured based on deposit date. They said no. Price paid will be either what it is on date of payment, or the date of finance agreement starting.

Hence, I am now factoring in +10% on my current configuration - which at today's price is £125k - by the time I come to pay. I'm putting aside another £12k and will decide if it's worth it nearer the time and assuming price increases happen which, based on what's going on with commodities/inflation, I think is unavoidable.
I will clarify with my dealer.

EVGuy101

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag

I placed an order for a GTS ST on 28th Feb (thru a company deal) - was told it would be delivered Nov 2023 (estimated).

I rang a couple other dealers just to check to see whether it was just a poor show, but it appears that is now the expectation - although they did say the date "may come in". Obviously with the current violence & expected fallout, there's also a very good chance it may go t'other way too!!

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
I placed an order for a GTS ST on 28th Feb (thru a company deal) - was told it would be delivered Nov 2023 (estimated).

I rang a couple other dealers just to check to see whether it was just a poor show, but it appears that is now the expectation - although they did say the date "may come in". Obviously with the current violence & expected fallout, there's also a very good chance it may go t'other way too!!
I ordered the first week in January (GTS ST with loads of options). Being advised January 2023

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

That seems unusually quick unless you are buying something pre-specced?

If you have specced your own vehicle they are fobbing you off.

By mid-Feb, Reading had a wait list of 25; Hatfield was something similar; Leicester was at 12 or 13 by the time I put my deposit down.

Would seem very peculiar for anyone to jump the queue, but I hope they are correct and you get your car, if not for the inevitable price increases.

Someone posted in another thread about Taycan production being temporarily paused. That same article stated:

"Buyers should also be prepared for a continuous increase in car prices"

And the candle is being burnt both ends with rocketing commodity prices and massive inflation reducing the value of money. It's inevitable so factor it into your financing.

EVGuy101

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
That seems unusually quick unless you are buying something pre-specced?

If you have specced your own vehicle they are fobbing you off.

By mid-Feb, Reading had a wait list of 25; Hatfield was something similar; Leicester was at 12 or 13 by the time I put my deposit down.

Would seem very peculiar for anyone to jump the queue, but I hope they are correct and you get your car, if not for the inevitable price increases.

Someone posted in another thread about Taycan production being temporarily paused. That same article stated:

"Buyers should also be prepared for a continuous increase in car prices"

And the candle is being burnt both ends with rocketing commodity prices and massive inflation reducing the value of money. It's inevitable so factor it into your financing.
Sorry, think you mis-read - they're expecting delivery NEXT November, aint much quick about that one!!

I've not added many options tbf, glass roof, Bose, heated wheel (I've got delicate hands ;-)) & folding mirrors. Have plumped for the very marmite standard rims - not sure how I feel about them in all honesty.
Sponsored