JDEE

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 C2S
Country flag
I ordered a GTS ST with £12k of extras the first week in Jan. i've just been given an update on my anticipated delivery date.

18/10/2023. :mad:

Thinking about canceling to be quite honest. Refuse to wait 22 months.
At least you've got a date! Very specific though - a Thursday in Autumn 2023 - did they give you a time to collect too?
Sponsored

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Seems very strange that you have been given a specific delivery date, despite your order not actually having been locked yet?

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My god these UK delivery dates are incredible. GTS ST order placed January, estimated delivery October. Not gloating, meaning to ask if there's a reason they are already pushing out for 2023 delivery?

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
Not yet, I spoke to my dealer last week and he said they are still waiting for first customer build slots to land on their handling board... I think they're as much in the dark as we are!
Same on my side. Contract signed November 25th and no news (although my dealership will receive 1 unit for demo in the following days - Lisbon / Portugal

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
That is in line with what the DP at Porsche Reading told me middle of this month: Q4 2023, with a current order book of 25 cars ?

And Porsche Hatfield said the same: Q4 2023.

This is from their order book report.

Before checking this, I put down a deposit for a GTS ST beginning of this month at Porsche Leicester.

They told me 12-15 months before delivery. I checked with them again after what Reading and Hatfield told me.

My dealer was adamant it was 12-15 months. I wonder if Sytner-owned dealerships have earlier allocation for some unknown reason.

It might be worth speaking to Porsche Leicester and/or putting down a deposit there instead.

I can provide the name of my very helpful dealer if you want?
Thank you.

I’ve asked the question. Let’s see what the response is.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
- Some buyers haven't added as many options as others (£20k+ sweet spot for an expedited build?), meaning the dealer can get bigger commissions sooner and it helps amortise Porsche's R&D sooner as well.
- They want to shift older models like the 4S CT (oversupply) and Turbo (soon to be sunset?) knowing that is where GTS ST buyers will go next save an invented "two year" wait. Porsche Reading were pushing both models on me when explaining the GTS ST delivery date was "Q4 2023".
- Smaller dealers, like those in Scotland, will have a tiny allocation for what is likely to be a limited production run vehicle before the next Taycan model is released (2026?)
Not sure about options...but my dealer suggested similar lead times for all models - they are all shifting well. (I did ask whether something like a Turbo CT was subject to the same lead time, hence the response).

I think the biggest challenge is the last one....the combination of the number of orders the dealer has, and their likely allocation.

I think mine had 15 orders in for a GTS when I placed mine, and they reckoned 9-12mths (I assumed delivery, could have been allocation. I also assumed this was based on the allocations they have had on Taycans to date). But I'm not holding my breath at this point. It's a lot of money to drop on a car and so it needs to be right. If that means waiting for a bit, so be it.

Meanwhile it means I can spend an hour each day on the configurator and on here talking myself in and out of options. And seeing how the market moves.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
- Some buyers haven't added as many options as others (£20k+ sweet spot for an expedited build?), meaning the dealer can get bigger commissions sooner and it helps amortise Porsche's R&D sooner as well.
- They want to shift older models like the 4S CT (oversupply) and Turbo (soon to be sunset?) knowing that is where GTS ST buyers will go next save an invented "two year" wait. Porsche Reading were pushing both models on me when explaining the GTS ST delivery date was "Q4 2023".
Have you been smoking Alcantara :p ?

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Not sure about options...but my dealer suggested similar lead times for all models - they are all shifting well. (I did ask whether something like a Turbo CT was subject to the same lead time, hence the response).

Same, I actually don't mind the wait for those same reasons.

- I can see how the market moves, where the electric Cayman/Boxster is likely to hurt Taycan values where part of the problem is simply lack of choice. There isn't really any direct competitor to the Taycan, even in the same Porsche stable.
- I can continue wasting my life in the configurator.
- Finally, I also need to buy a house and fund a big garage that allows the Taycan to be parked without having to climb out of the window. And that is going so well... I've decided to go and live/work in a warm and sunny country for a few months in three weeks time.

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Only that I’m late to the party apparently. I’m expecting a call tomorrow.
Update:

Been revised again to January 2022.
It seems all over the place at the moment.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
It’s GTS ST.
I put my order in for the GTS ST beginning this month at Porsche Leicester.

They told me 12-15 months before delivery and were very adamant about that.

Reading and Hatfield told me Q4 2023!

If you're likely to get your ST delivered in under a year that's not bad based on the obscene wait for most buyers.

I also don't think energy prices rocketing or those things going on in eastern Europe are going to benefit swift manufacture of complex products unfortunately.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag