GTS Orders UK

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
That is a fairly accurate assessment sidicks :D

What I was doing last night, in mitigation of the GTS being too low/hard, is man maths on a Turbo CT to as similar a spec to the GTS as possible.

Being sensible I dismissed the TurboS :D
In my experience, the process goes like this:
  1. You do a detailed quantitative and quantitative analysis of all the possibilities, to reach a sensible and logical conclusion.
  2. Then you incorporate 'man maths' to get the answer you wanted in the first place.
:clap:
Well, that's how it worked for me, anyway.
Sponsored

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ordered on launch day, number 1 and no sign of lock date
I'm happy to wait until April, May, June or whatever for delivery if that's when the ST GTS models start being delivered. I do want to have some idea so that I can arrange to sell my RS4 at the appropriate time.

DavidG

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Similar situation to me, I was way down the queue for a GTS but switched to a Turbo ST and build complete is now expected end of April
Unfortunately I couldn’t stretch to a Turbo, I was having to limit my options on the GTS, so now have all the options I really wanted on the 4S.

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Unfortunately I couldn’t stretch to a Turbo, I was having to limit my options on the GTS, so now have all the options I really wanted on the 4S.
Pretty much the same for me, plus there were some things that come as standard on the GTS model (sport design package, chrono clock, black lights etc) that I would never spec given the choice and with the relatively minor performance bump (0.3 seconds 0-62) decided the 4S was the one for me.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Pretty much the same for me, plus there were some things that come as standard on the GTS model (sport design package, chrono clock, black lights etc) that I would never spec given the choice and with the relatively minor performance bump (0.3 seconds 0-62) decided the 4S was the one for me.
0.3s is massive when man maths is involved!
:like:

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag

Not helping the wait!

OP
OP
targaben

targaben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, GT4, Macan
Country flag
1st GTS on auto trader?? Available august guess a demo for now…

goaroundnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I cannot understand how dealers are getting 4S ST allocation for March / April when no sign of any GTS ST anywhere at all.

Anybody got any idea why?

I see matrix lights cannot be spec’d at the moment on, for example, 4Ss which might go some way to explain the hold up in GTSs but does not fully explain why saloons are coming through but not STs!

Also, whilst I am here. Is there any reason to think the 4S ST won’t be as popular as the 4S CT? Seems it might be possible to get a ST pretty quickly but I see that used CTs are still selling well above list price. Why would somebody pay that when they could just get a new, list-price ST in a couple of months time?

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
Id love to be proved wrong but I personally don’t think there will be lots of ST arriving at dealers in April, in whatever trim. It would be very odd to see that with the non-GTS trim cars only having been launched very recently. I suspect it’s all been pushed back more than they expected when launching the GTS.

STGTS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S, 991.2 GT3RS WP
Country flag
I’m UK based and have a May build slot confirmed for a ST GTS, I’m wondering if it will be MY22 or MY23, and ideas?
There is past precedence for rolling MY early on some model variants.. I’m hoping to get a MY23 if possible as I was on the tipping point for CT 4S last year.
FYI; ST GTS build slots (for customers, not demo) are few and far between at the moment, maybe 1 (2 max) per dealer for H1

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Seems it might be possible to get a ST pretty quickly but I see that used CTs are still selling well above list price. Why would somebody pay that when they could just get a new, list-price ST in a couple of months time?
I reckon that "pretty quickly" means in less than 6 months- I think it would need amazingly good fortune to take delivery of a new Taycan within 3 months of ordering.
Sponsored