goaroundnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
You are the first person I have heard of who has been given a confirmed UK ST GTS build-slot. I am supposedly #1 at my dealer and have been told not to expect anything until summer onwards. They seemed to think that would be UK-wide.

I’m UK based and have a May build slot confirmed for a ST GTS, I’m wondering if it will be MY22 or MY23, and ideas?
There is past precedence for rolling MY early on some model variants.. I’m hoping to get a MY23 if possible as I was on the tipping point for CT 4S last year.
FYI; ST GTS build slots (for customers, not demo) are few and far between at the moment, maybe 1 (2 max) per dealer for H1
Sponsored

DavidG

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I reckon that "pretty quickly" means in less than 6 months- I think it would need amazingly good fortune to take delivery of a new Taycan within 3 months of ordering.
I ordered my 4S ST two weeks ago and have a 23rd March build slot.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
My first post - though I have been lurking for some time!

I put my order in for a GTS ST yesterday. Very excited, it will be my first Porsche, first sports car and - absurdly - the first car purchase of my life (via my business) where I have only ever rented vehicles.

However, my excitement is tempered where the dealer (Porsche Leicester) told me to expect delivery in "12-15 months", but I am happy to wait. That said I also wonder if the dealer is playing the game of "under promising, but overdelivering", and actually delivery times are sooner, they just don't want to cause undue disappointment in case of delays.

They had a GTS ST example in metallic black. It is very nice, even the standard interior.

I did ask how popular the GTS Sport Turismo model has been - salesman told me they have had 12 orders since announcement.

That made me wonder - do all UK Porsche dealers have equal "allocation" or does ordering from a particular OPC mean you get your car quicker? And would ordering from Porsche owned dealerships speed up delivery time vs Sytner-owned Porsche dealerships?

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
That made me wonder - do all UK Porsche dealers have equal "allocation" or does ordering from a particular OPC mean you get your car quicker?
No they do not have equal allocations. They are allotted depending on the size of the dealership iirc.

mas_gts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Country flag
No they do not have equal allocations. They are allotted depending on the size of the dealership iirc.
I’m interested in this too. Is there a simple way to determine dealership size? By how many cars they sell in a year? Is that sort of info publicly available?

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I guess then - and I admit to being a complete Porsche/car buying virgin so excuse my ignorance - that I should phone around a few nearby dealers, from those owned by Porsche (Reading), plus the Sytner owned dealers (Hatfield, Cambridge) and ask how soon delivery is for GTS ST?

I'm happy putting down more than one deposit with multiple dealers, but at the same time don't want to waste the time of the sales team.

p.s. I used Porsche Leicester as I found Porsche Silverstone utterly woeful. Would not respond to emails; I was chasing them over the phone; and the sales consultation was embarrassing - buying a sofa at DFS would have felt more special. That said, the test drive in the 4S CT was incredible down A and B roads, and had me convinced (for the GTS).

WGR

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Has anybody’s GTS ST “locked” for production?
Having ordered on launch day I’m second in the queue for a GTS ST at Porsche Tonbridge. Yesterday they told me they still have no update for a build allocation. They say the semi-conductor shortage is affecting cars with matrix headlights, and as they are standard on GTS they are not offering customers the option of deleting them, as they have on other models.
They’ve had their GTS ST demonstrator delivered, but aren’t allowed to register it / drive it as it doesn’t have working headlights. Instead it will sit in the showroom. He told me they are now quoting a 2 year wait for a new GTS order.

goaroundnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
This makes perfect sense re Matrix lights (they are no longer on the configurator for cars where they WERE an option) except why are people being given build slots for the saloon GTS - where they are also standard? Perhaps limited supply as opposed to no supply and have decided to only build the saloons for now?

Having ordered on launch day I’m second in the queue for a GTS ST at Porsche Tonbridge. Yesterday they told me they still have no update for a build allocation. They say the semi-conductor shortage is affecting cars with matrix headlights, and as they are standard on GTS they are not offering customers the option of deleting them, as they have on other models.
They’ve had their GTS ST demonstrator delivered, but aren’t allowed to register it / drive it as it doesn’t have working headlights. Instead it will sit in the showroom. He told me they are now quoting a 2 year wait for a new GTS order.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I think I’m going to pop down there and take a look this week.

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
This makes perfect sense re Matrix lights (they are no longer on the configurator for cars where they WERE an option) except why are people being given build slots for the saloon GTS - where they are also standard? Perhaps limited supply as opposed to no supply and have decided to only build the saloons for now?
My saloon GTS order is going into lockdown tomorrow (14th) and will come out of the factory build complete on 3rd March. Confirmed as having Matrix headlights.

goaroundnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Great news but proves the point it’s not the matrix lights holding up the GTS ST. I reckon they are just building one version for now?

My saloon GTS order is going into lockdown tomorrow (14th) and will come out of the factory build complete on 3rd March. Confirmed as having Matrix headlights.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Emailed DP at Hatfield about GTS ST availability - told me Q4 2023 ?

The recommendation:
"... if you were to place an order this week for a Taycan GTS ST, we would expect to see the car in Q4 2023! Considering the extraordinary lead time for GTS ST I would recommend looking at either 4s or Turbo Sports Turismo for delivery in Q3/4 2022."

Leicester, though they may be playing it down to get my order, expect Q1 or Q2 2023.

Part of the reason for buying the car is the favourable BIK that will be reviewed, and likely move much higher, from April 2025.

It seems I might be owning my first Porsche for around a year before moving it on so the tax man can't bend me over...

The Taycan 4S CT I test drove the other week at Porsche Centre Silverstone - it's approved second hand.

Price?

£127,000

This is why I want the GTS, I just cannot see how the price of these vehicles is going to decline as the demand is increasing as raw materials supply is decreasing.

There are no particularly exciting EVs in this class until 2025/6; and new technology like SSB won't be available until 2028.

That means you either wait 1.5-2 years for your car, or you buy second hand now for a 10% markup on the MSRP. There is no point waiting for new models or technology even with such extended lead times.
Sponsored