mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
I spoke this week to 2 Porsche Centres close to me about GTS ST allocations yesterday, one of which is the one I placed my order with (on launch day in November).

Both now have their own allocated car physically in their showrooms, which is good news. While both are clearly a little in the dark about the customer allocations to follow, the centre which has my order seemed more upbeat about hearing soon, so I am genuinely hopeful there wil be some movement on UK allocations shortly.
Sponsored

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I like that GTS logo on the centre console but I cant have it unless I get rid
of all the other GTS specific interior! You cant have it in Race Tex?!

ORDER UPDATE!
My dealer has received its 1st factory customer order GTS.
Before now the dealers have got 2 launch cars, 1 demo, 1 showroom
(Perhaps Porsche GB at Reading have punted out a few press launch cars to the dealers)
Hopefully our cars are starting to arrive!

Its a Saloon, (STs are a bit later) unfortunately not mine! My Saloon now scheduled for next month (May). Hopefully. I have completed all the finance stuff in readiness.
It was ordered on GTS launch day (November?) - March build, April delivery so perhaps it is an indication that Ukraine has pushed back deliveries by about 4-6 weeks?
Yep it's either headrest (exclusive) or leather and you can option the centre console.

I'm hoping my PEC will confirm if my thoughts about Race-Tex have application to a proper drive. I've been leather all the way, but there is something nicely "sporty" about Race-Tex.

Watched a recent Shmee video of his SF90 and the leather steering wheel made it look a bit Mercedes. Not sure if I now want that, especially in a GTS.

Great news about order allocations. If my dealer's soonest estimate is correct, then I can expect delivery Q1 2023. Look forward to seeing pics/hearing first thoughts of your ride when it arrives.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
I'm hoping my PEC will confirm if my thoughts about Race-Tex have application to a proper drive. I've been leather all the way, but there is something nicely "sporty" about Race-Tex.....
😂

Carlos

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Ordered a GTS Saloon on launch day. My build was supposed to start just as the factories shut down. Dealer called today to say it’s now in production! Guessing it will arrive 3-4 weeks from now?

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I think the first customer order has arrived at my dealership waiting for prep. Not my car unfortunately!

For those who want the detail it does have GTS on side skirts. It does not have stainless steel edges to pedals

My car is now showing May build. Delivery end of May, early June.

Porsche Taycan GTS Orders UK 5C801B88-49FC-4060-AE20-4A0B3090C90B

FutureEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P
Country flag
Originally I was down for a May build, which has now slipped to a June build, hoping to get it in July...

JDEE

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 C2S
Country flag
Fair play to the couple of guys on here that have some movement on their ST orders 👍

Not so impressed with what I can now only deduce as total horse sh1t from Porsche GB telling me after weeks/months of moaning there are global delays/supply chain issues etc and Porsche Germany have no idea when customer orders will be fulfilled. Not even a clue.

I know I am not alone as most people are being told the same thing, but come on, you are making cars, you know what orders you have in and when you anticipate fulfilling them, just tell me something - anything will do to shut me up.

I now have zero excitement for this car, and I suspect if you're in the queue behind me you'll shortly be one slot further up the list than you are today, as I for one feel like I'm being somewhat mugged off (for want of a better term).

Rant over.

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Fair play to the couple of guys on here that have some movement on their ST orders 👍

Not so impressed with what I can now only deduce as total horse sh1t from Porsche GB telling me after weeks/months of moaning there are global delays/supply chain issues etc and Porsche Germany have no idea when customer orders will be fulfilled. Not even a clue.

I know I am not alone as most people are being told the same thing, but come on, you are making cars, you know what orders you have in and when you anticipate fulfilling them, just tell me something - anything will do to shut me up.

I now have zero excitement for this car, and I suspect if you're in the queue behind me you'll shortly be one slot further up the list than you are today, as I for one feel like I'm being somewhat mugged off (for want of a better term).

Rant over.
I am totally with you, what’s going on. My build was wiped off the system and then suddenly appeared again. I don’t hold by breath that’s it’s going ahead. Surely they can give customers a bit more visibility of whats going on….

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
The lack of information from dealers is poor, but I do believe is driven by them receiving limited information from Porsche GB or Porsche head office.

The fact that we all seem to be in the same boat in this regards is some comfort, rather than an assumption that my dealer is fobbing me off and their first cars are being allocated to other people.

As much as I’d like to tell Porsche to ‘stick it’ and buy a different car instead, nothing else currently on the market comes close to meeting all of my requirements, so I’ll just continue to wait patiently and keep in touch with my dealer to let them know that I’m still here!

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
As much as I’d like to tell Porsche to ‘stick it’ and buy a different car instead, nothing else currently on the market comes close to meeting all of my requirements, so I’ll just continue to wait patiently and keep in touch with my dealer to let them know that I’m still here!
Similar here... But there will be alternatives coming on stream in the next few years - Aston's EV and the Lotus Eletra amongst them.

I may start to see what the deposit situation is in those camps.

Or change tack completely and replace the family wagon with an EV first... The Merc EQS SUV is looking good and there are a number of others coming.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Similar here... But there will be alternatives coming on stream in the next few years - Aston's EV and the Lotus Eletra amongst them.

I may start to see what the deposit situation is in those camps.

Or change tack completely and replace the family wagon with an EV first... The Merc EQS SUV is looking good and there are a number of others coming.
This is meant to be my practical ‘family’ car to replace the RS4. Whilst the Lotus EV might be worth investigating, I suspect the Aston Martin EV will be well over budget.

The Merc EQS looks horrible to me!

JDEE

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 C2S
Country flag
The lack of information from dealers is poor, but I do believe is driven by them receiving limited information from Porsche GB or Porsche head office.

The fact that we all seem to be in the same boat in this regards is some comfort, rather than an assumption that my dealer is fobbing me off and their first cars are being allocated to other people.
But if we were in the same boat that's one thing - but when I read that there's a couple of guys here that are progressing through the order/build process, I know we're not. People are moving through the process (thankfully!) which is not what I was told by Porsche GB.

Agree the dealers are in the dark, so I pushed further with Porsche GB, and will continue to do so.

The whole allocation thing is clearly not for public consumption, although I have been categorically told your order allocated by a date/timestamp on the Porsche GB system so you cannot get manipulated down the list (yeah right...).

Appreciate that there are limited options out there currently but this is more of a "want" than a "need" purchase for me and it's not as if it's a £50 pair of trainers we're being messed about with.

Being able to buy a used ST before you can get a new one whilst being first in the queue also somewhat rubbed me up the wrong way too.

At least if it does arrive there will be no bore scoring woes to worry about!

Cheers
Sponsored