Ant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Got bored of waiting (despite admittedly only waiting two months!) and picked up a used turbo with the main options I was after.

Figured if it was going to be late '23 before I got it that's two summers I miss out on and two years of low BIK.

The one I got had been sitting for two months so I negotiated £3k off the list price and free ceremic coating.

Life's too short to be sitting around for two years anxiously waiting a luxury item that's supposed to bring you joy.
Sponsored

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
You can avoid BIK by selling the car, but what will you do instead?
Leave the country permanently and take my company with me or set up abroad. I already spend at least 6 months out of the UK.

Returned today in fact from South Africa and though great to see friends and family, I really am losing love with the UK. It wasn't just the grey sky and rain - diminishing living standards and there are so many more interesting places to live.

If you love driving, SA is incredible for that too - or anywhere that has mountains and high quality infrastructure 😉

If I drop the Taycan, I will instead use personal money to buy a Jag F Type V6 convertible that by then will be dirt cheap, but enormous fun to drive. That assumes I have somewhere to store it in the UK depending my living arrangements by then...

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got bored of waiting (despite admittedly only waiting two months!) and picked up a used turbo with the main options I was after.

Figured if it was going to be late '23 before I got it that's two summers I miss out on and two years of low BIK.

The one I got had been sitting for two months so I negotiated £3k off the list price and free ceremic coating.

Life's too short to be sitting around for two years anxiously waiting a luxury item that's supposed to bring you joy.
I like that attitude. Seriously considering a fun ICE car (see above) as an intermediary before the Taycan.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
If you are purchasing it through salary sacrifice keep a close eye on BIK. My guess is 5% by April 2025.

On a lightly optioned GTS that is £5,750-£6,500 barely a few months into ownership. Factor in inflation rates of 4-5% then add that on top of your lease costs...

Oh and a potential big hike in price meaning that same Taycan has cost you £10k more. BIK is now nearer £7k annually.

I am planning on selling my GTS by March 2025 on the assumption it's delivered late Q2 or early Q3 next year and the above change to BIK happens. Over two years that is one hell of a nice holiday I could have funded.

If my order is delayed longer, I will probably cancel. Pointless having the car for one year.
BIK tax is set at 2% until April 2025
Going from 2% to 5% is a pessimistic guess I think.
A £110k GTS even at that 5% is £2200 a year BIK for a 40% tax payer.
If you keep yourself at 20% via the Ltd Co. it’s only £1100.
My GTS coming in June is £110k
At 2% BIK this year for a 20% tax payer that’s £440 a year.

For BIK to be £7000 a year for a 40% tax payer with a £110k Taycan the rate would have to be over 15%

Always worth having a GTS for a year at the moment as you can sell it back to Porsche for more than you paid!
A year of free motoring!

You are not allowed a Jaaaaag unless you are over 75!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
BIK tax is set at 2% until April 2025
Going from 2% to 5% is a pessimistic guess I think.
A £110k GTS even at that 5% is £2200 a year BIK for a 40% tax payer.
If you keep yourself at 20% via the Ltd Co. it’s only £1100.
My GTS coming in June is £110k
At 2% BIK this year for a 20% tax payer that’s £440 a year.

For BIK to be £7000 a year for a 40% tax payer with a £110k Taycan the rate would have to be over 15%

Always worth having a GTS for a year at the moment as you can sell it back to Porsche for more than you paid!
A year of free motoring!

You are not allowed a Jaaaaag unless you are over 75!
Well I'm pretty much half that age and Jaguar needs some younger customers 😂

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Blimey. Knock yourself out if you want it!
25k extras (15k unnecessary) with 10k mark up. Couldn’t do it personally. Too tight!
I am lucky enough to have ordered GTS saloon on launch day to the spec I want! £112 list.
JUST HEARD today car is at Emden!
Car in UK end of May. Delivery early June.
For the record it’s the 2nd customer GTS at my dealer. Both saloons. No STs yet…..
The £150k Stockport car is proof that not all Taycans will be worth morethan you paid In 2 years.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Blimey. Knock yourself out if you want it!
25k extras (15k unnecessary) with 10k mark up. Couldn’t do it personally. Too tight!
I am lucky enough to have ordered GTS saloon on launch day to the spec I want! £112 list.
JUST HEARD today car is at Emden!
Car in UK end of May. Delivery early June.
For the record it’s the 2nd customer GTS at my dealer. Both saloons. No STs yet…..
The £150k Stockport car is proof that not all Taycans will be worth morethan you paid In 2 years.
Totally agree.

There was a similar car in silver advertised. Same money. I reckon it would likely be more than 10k over if the others I've seen are anything to go by.

The nearest to a spec I could live with was Leicester's cherry saloon. But that jumped in price. And it's a saloon.

My dealer has an ST, but if the price is anything like this one then I can happily wait. Spec's not ideal so 150 large isn't sensible.

And all these demo cars will have been driven by people like us.... (more importantly, TaycanHero, who we know from his posts has a sweating issue).

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Totally agree.

There was a similar car in silver advertised. Same money. I reckon it would likely be more than 10k over if the others I've seen are anything to go by.

The nearest to a spec I could live with was Leicester's cherry saloon. But that jumped in price. And it's a saloon.

My dealer has an ST, but if the price is anything like this one then I can happily wait. Spec's not ideal so 150 large isn't sensible.

And all these demo cars will have been driven by people like us.... (more importantly, TaycanHero, who we know from his posts has a sweating issue).
Lol! Lord knows the salty stains I deposited over that cherry GTS saloon steering wheel in Leicester.

Thankfully, not my problem 😂

p.s. you will be pleased to hear I have done - as I am sure you anticipated - a 180 on leather. Having recently driven a Jag F Type with a leather interior, where the seats had the tell tale puddle warping, and the steering wheel was marked and scuffed, combined with my excessively sweaty hands (I wish I had Prince Andrew's "problem"), I've decided the GTS Race-Tex interior in Carmine Red is the better option.

If only Porsche optioned anti-perspirant for hands, I would happily pay the £297 for it.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
It's not your hands to be concerned about.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I think I’m in the wrong thread… o_O