GTS Orders UK

Binson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey GTS, BMW X5 4.0i M Sport,
Country flag
Octopus are quoting October 2023 for my GTS order placed this month - a bit better than their initial 18+ month estimate.

Porsche Taycan GTS Orders UK 1656360190429

However, I called Porsche Wolverhampton this afternoon for their take - they still think it'll be a year and that hopefully it'll fall around the time MY24 details become clearer, so that I can decide if the probable extra cost for the new features is worth delaying my slot by a month or two to get MY24 Vs MY23.
Sponsored

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
My long wait has only just started. I placed an order this week for this GTS PP52ZW18. I was given an estimate of 15 months before ordering, which has just been revised to 18 months 😭

Octopus have placed my order with Wolverhampton and are waiting for my commission number to come back.

I really hope I at least get it in time for xmas 2023.....
I’ve got a similar one ordered last week. Good spec but i would add the 150kw dc port.

I’ve got the roof rails and also the bike carrier option.

Interesting that the dealer advised not to go for the race tex as this doesn’t age well! He also said black and grey are the cars that hold value the most…

Binson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve got a similar one ordered last week. Good spec but i would add the 150kw dc port.

I’ve got the roof rails and also the bike carrier option.

Interesting that the dealer advised not to go for the race tex as this doesn’t age well! He also said black and grey are the cars that hold value the most…
I always wish I spec a bike carrier / tow bar, but I end up not doing it as I don't think I'll use enough.

I'm going to have another read of the pros and cons of the 150kw option in the UK. My last conclusion was again that I wouldn't use it enough as the majority of my charging will be at home and I'm sure I can find a fast charger that won't need the 150kw option when I do need to charge elsewhere, and I didn't want to just order it just in case.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I always wish I spec a bike carrier / tow bar, but I end up not doing it as I don't think I'll use enough.

I'm going to have another read of the pros and cons of the 150kw option in the UK. My last conclusion was again that I wouldn't use it enough as the majority of my charging will be at home and I'm sure I can find a fast charger that won't need the 150kw option when I do need to charge elsewhere, and I didn't want to just order it just in case.
I've never used mine BUT I'm planning a tour round Ireland in August and know that I'll be able to take advantage of the DC booster there.

Appreciate your logic but for the 'small cost' it is a no brainer and who knows you may end up being near a Tesla Super Charger network and leverage your investment there. It should be standard but typically Porsche, it isn't.

There are no cons other than you are likely paying for something you'll never use. Resale impact - marginal if at all. It's really a rather positive potential.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag

Agree on bike carrier option I’m on the fence on it but i PLAN on a European road trip so thought might become an option (I will probably never use it!!)

Assume you can still make changes ?

Ultimately take advice on it from the dealer and folk on here like W1NGE who know what they are talking about but ultimately pick the car and options that work for you and your wallet! Be clear what is important - resale or enjoyment (or bit of both).

Just remember thought better to have and not use it than to not have and never be able to WISH you had it! :)

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I've never used mine BUT I'm planning a tour round Ireland in August and know that I'll be able to take advantage of the DC booster there.

Appreciate your logic but for the 'small cost' it is a no brainer and who knows you may end up being near a Tesla Super Charger network and leverage your investment there. It should be standard but typically Porsche, it isn't.

There are no cons other than you are likely paying for something you'll never use. Resale impact - marginal if at all. It's really a rather positive potential.
Agree on this. I’m never / rarely going to be able to charge at home due to having street parking only. I may use slow chargers but more likely i will use the super fast IONITY ones where possible where i can get to 80% in 20 mins.

Dealer tried to upswell me 22kw charger but not from me it’s going to be overnight at 11 or DC.

Binson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ultimately take advice on it from the dealer and folk on here like W1NGE who know what they are talking about but ultimately pick the car and options that work for you and your wallet! Be clear what is important - resale or enjoyment (or bit of both).

Just remember thought better to have and not use it than to not have and never be able to WISH you had it! :)
It's a company car so resell isn't an issue (although it might help with residuals reducing lease so will check).

I'm trying to avoid ordering stuff for FOMO and I'm focussed heavily on things I will use, except for the passenger display which was ordered to stop my son whining even though he'll use twice and probably get bored.

I've even been doing some rough calcs in my head e.g. my time is worth £x/hour, I will likely use this y times per year saving z mins each time so the option is worth xzy/60 = ££££

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag

PS this is my spec build code PPZK5725

Still mulling a few things over but just wanted to get the order in as will be a long wait! Luckily the 4S will come in a couple of weeks.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
It's a company car so resell isn't an issue (although it might help with residuals reducing lease so will check).

I'm trying to avoid ordering stuff for FOMO and I'm focussed heavily on things I will use, except for the passenger display which was ordered to stop my son whining even though he'll use twice and probably get bored.

I've even been doing some rough calcs in my head e.g. my time is worth £x/hour, I will likely use this y times per year saving z mins each time so the option is worth xzy/60 = ££££
Haha - are you an accountant ?

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Each to their own, but you are limiting the charging on DC (ie. most public chargers in the UK) to only 50kw. For context, if you pulled into a service station and wanted to top up from 20% to 80%, it would take 40 - 50 mins, instead of 20 mins.
You're leasing (or buying) a £100k+ car, but you draw the line at a (relatively) cheap £300 option? For the outlay, it's a pretty big quality of life upgrade.

The 22kw AC upgrade at £1179 I can understand, that can GTFO! :)

Last edited:

FutureEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P
Country flag
I've just had confirmation my car is currently on a boat arriving in port today..

No idea how long the wait is after that.

Exciting.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I've just had confirmation my car is currently on a boat arriving in port today..

No idea how long the wait is after that.

Exciting.
My car was on the boat last but i have no idea where exactly and didn't want to pester the dealer for an update.

I'm expecting to collect around 13th July as that date works for me and won't be practical for me to have it any sooner.