AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
After remaining in the TBD realm now with no one able to define estimated timeframe on my custom build, I looked around and found a dealer allocated vehicle that was close to my my build - and went for it. Awaiting arrival at dealership from US port.

seems like all of the dealer builds are quite similar to each other: RS wheels with premium package and a few other options

as much as I would have liked a build to my specs, just a gut feeling it was going to be months.
I did the same and got the car yesterday. Black metallic with black leather interior. Getting PPF Wrap done right now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jcg

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' BMW X5, 22' Taycan GTS
Country flag
I did the same and got the car yesterday. Black metallic with black leather interior. Getting PPF Wrap done right now.
Congrats!! Bet it looks awesome!

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, VW Golf GTI Mk8, Ford Raptor 6.2L
Country flag
Wanted to start a GTS sedan/ST thread for the USA. Some of our fortunate forum members in the EU/UK have taken delivery. I am unaware of any deliveries in the U.S. to date.

I received my allocation and placed my order in early December. With an initial build date scheduled for 4/8/22 and delivery on 5/20/22. That has moved twice leading to a delay of about a month -- delivery scheduled for 6/24. Just checked the TYD this morning with a dreaded TBD notification across the board.

How are other USA members faring?
Had a disappointing call from my dealer today. Ordered Taycan GTS in November. Build confirmed PNSGX3X8 and deposit placed December 12, 2021 for March allocation. Delivery scheduled for May 19, 2022.

Called today to inform me that the car started construction on April 10 but production has now stopped due to unavailability of certain parts, notably wiring harness. New delivery date in Dallas scheduled for June 24, 2022.

Oh well........

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
5wks. No biggie. I'm expecting months on mine (ordered early Feb... If I get it within 12mths I'll be happy).

timo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS, Sequoia
Country flag
I'd be happy with 5 weeks. I'm in TBD purgatory right now. Ordered Jan 3 with a June 6 delivery date.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yep, nothing from my SA yet. Ordered GTS ST late Jan, no updates at all. They initially estimated production in June/July but god knows

Jeffrey B

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW M6; Porsche Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
While I'm still waiting for a build slot for my GTS ST order (placed nov 22). A dealer spec sedan GTS landed yesterday at my local dealer in Chicago. Was invited to take it for a spin and glad I did. Fantastic car. Can't wait to get rid of my Model 3 Performance for this.

It's a shame it had the full leather slate grey interior. This thing is begging for some GTS'isms and racetex.

277471121_720810842264823_7301207590275660908_n.jpg
I had similar situation in Pennsylvania. Had my own spec was told it could take 1-2 years but they had allocation of Carrera White GTS with Slate Grey Interior (I had wanted GTS interior) but didn’t want to wait so bought the allocated GTS. Just arrived this week. In now for PPF and Ceramic should get behind the wheel next week.

obxckw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had similar situation in Pennsylvania. Had my own spec was told it could take 1-2 years but they had allocation of Carrera White GTS with Slate Grey Interior (I had wanted GTS interior) but didn’t want to wait so bought the allocated GTS. Just arrived this week. In now for PPF and Ceramic should get behind the wheel next week.
If all goes well, I'll get mine in 3 weeks.
I received a PPF quote of $5500 and another at $8000. Of course, the 8K guy is saying I should question the other quote and says they won't do a quality job, yah dee yah yah...

Curious- what are you paying for your PPF and do you have any lessons learned about the quality or other that I should think about?

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
I placed a large deposit for a GTS ST in November when it was announced, supposedly first in line at my dealer, no allocation yet but was expected March/April, haven’t heard anything yet.

originally was estimated it would maybe be ready by July, with everything going on I pretty much assumed it would be a year before I would potentially get it, so not too anxious or anything.
What’s your location? I also did my deposit in November. My EDD is 15 July

Jeffrey B

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If all goes well, I'll get mine in 3 weeks.
I received a PPF quote of $5500 and another at $8000. Of course, the 8K guy is saying I should question the other quote and says they won't do a quality job, yah dee yah yah...

Curious- what are you paying for your PPF and do you have any lessons learned about the quality or other that I should think about?
Full front PPF only 2995, plus full ceramic 1 layer 9H 1995. Hope that helps.

Jeffrey B

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Full front PPF only 2995, plus full ceramic 1 layer 9H 1995. Hope that helps.
and having porsche dealer do it. my dealer seems porsche only and has mclaren dealership. they do all their mcclaren, lambos and porsches so I trust they know what they are doing and wrap all edges of PPF. should get it next week sometime.

timo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS, Sequoia
Country flag
My freeze point went from TBD to 4/26 today. Delivery still TBD. That puts me about a month behind where I was when I went to TBD across the board.

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
My freeze point went from TBD to 4/26 today. Delivery still TBD. That puts me about a month behind where I was when I went to TBD across the board.
Same here. Previous freeze point was last month, then I had TBD across the board also. Now TYD is showing a new freeze date of 04/25 and TBD for delivery.

Update: just got an estimated delivery date of 08/19 on TYD.

Last edited:

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
I need some advice. I picked up my 2022 GTS ST two weeks ago. I was going to have the XPEL PPF Wrap done by a local certified installer but the SA at the dealership convinced me to do it there as they have the XPEL Spotter machines and have done many Taycans. I decided to let them do the install and now believe they did a subpar job. What recourse do I have?
Sponsored