HEATER FAILURE A REAL CONCERN

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
Add the red electrical errors to the heater errors and they have their hands full with these repairs (red electrical is either bad HV Cell or the whole HV battery) and parts are a month to get here. Obviously not all affected, but the wait of month or more for parts is not acceptable. I have never had a car repair go more than 3 or 4 days at most (in warranty or not).

My car has been down since 1/21 waiting on the HV cell repair. Germany sent the wrong one (terminals reversed) on 2/22 so back to the waiting game. I had emailed the Porsche NA CEO when the problem occurred and filed a claim at Porsche NA. On my 5th representative as they keep moving it to another person. Hoping this one can get the process sped up which so far has not happened. Personally, I think they would rather buy back my car and make me go away as they quickly offer that option and I reject it. There are other options, fix and compensate me, flip me to another car in their inventory, or build me another one and take mine on trade.
I personally find it unprofessional that dealers do not have basic parts in stock that are known to be prone to failure. What’s even more frustrating is that I had to wait a whole month to get my winter tire set because they did not have any in stock either.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Insult to injury for me.

My GTS ST has a stop sale and therefore not delivered this month as planned due to a failed heater but potentially ready for collection 1/3/23.

Ironically, today I was dropping off my Boxster S of 11 years (never a single fault) as I'd bought my wife a new Macan T (we are old now apparently). Got a great deal and so felt obliged to drop the car off as soon as possible and the Macan should arrive in April (locked today).

However, on leaving the dealership in my current Taycan the fecking heater failed!!!

So my dealer now has 4 heater faults - 2 of which are mine, what are the chances!!??

MY21, 4S, 20,455 miles on the clock, single owner from new. Glad I did the trade negotiation a few weeks ago.

If my GTS ST fails (for any reason) post collection next week (assuming that happens) I will seek a full refund and move on. Enough is enough.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Insult to injury for me.

My GTS ST has a stop sale and therefore not delivered this month as planned due to a failed heater but potentially ready for collection 1/3/23.

Ironically, today I was dropping off my Boxster S of 11 years (never a single fault) as I'd bought my wife a new Macan T (we are old now apparently). Got a great deal and so felt obliged to drop the car off as soon as possible and the Macan should arrive in April (locked today).

However, on leaving the dealership in my current Taycan the fecking heater failed!!!

So my dealer now has 4 heater faults - 2 of which are mine, what are the chances!!??

MY21, 4S, 20,455 miles on the clock, single owner from new. Glad I did the trade negotiation a few weeks ago.

If my GTS ST fails (for any reason) post collection next week (assuming that happens) I will seek a full refund and move on. Enough is enough.
Goody goody gumdrops. Mine just packed up. MY22 CT4S 10k on the clock. FFS.

update.
Told to call Porsche Assistance by Porsche service centre as earliest appointment to look at it is mid April. That's the only way to get it seen and at least diagnosed. It's nuts.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

update.
Told to call Porsche Assistance by Porsche service centre as earliest appointment to look at it is mid April. That's the only way to get it seen and at least diagnosed. It's nuts.
FFS squared!!

The cynic in me is saying 'dark forces' are at play here and something OTA is targetting our cars!

I'm not doing anything with mine until Wednesday when I 'expect' to collect my new GTS ST. If it's not ready then after the heater repair I think I'll drop my 4S off and demand a loaner for the foreseeable.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FFS squared!!

The cynic in me is saying 'dark forces' are at play here and something OTA is targetting our cars!

I'm not doing anything with mine until Wednesday when I 'expect' to collect my new GTS ST. If it's not ready then after the heater repair I think I'll drop my 4S off and demand a loaner for the foreseeable.
Seems to get a loaner, you need to do via porsche assistance. Nuts. Just booking my swap for an enterprise Nissan Sunny or whatever.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

update.
Surely (by now) the dealers must be acutely aware of the number of faults and the potential (almost guaranteed) for more to surface from cars in the field that they should have special arrangements in place. I can see the car lots at dealers now filling up with Taycans waiting on heater replacements.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Surely (by now) the dealers must be acutely aware of the number of faults and the potential (almost guaranteed) for more to surface from cars in the field that they should have special arrangements in place. I can see the car lots at dealers now filling up with Taycans waiting on heater replacements.
Yep. I did also ask how long the wait was to get a 911 in for something fixed and the answer was also mid-April. So sounds like the dealers service departments are just overwhelmed. I'm using porsche retail group in London. No idea if other dealerships having problems too.

But it's daft that they only way you can get your car at least diagnosed in a normal timescale is via recovery. Any normal business would at least see what the problem was, order the part and let you drive if the issue is safe (which basically i'd say this is). Instead, hire car for a few months i guess and stinging nettles growing through car in a field near Heathrow probably. Guess the brakes will go rusty too.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I personally find it unprofessional that dealers do not have basic parts in stock that are known to be prone to failure. What’s even more frustrating is that I had to wait a whole month to get my winter tire set because they did not have any in stock either.
Well I think the HV Battery is probably not something they can keep in stock. Hear the cost is $50k US. However, there should not be a month time frame to get the replacement part delivered. Winter tires should be easy. My tire guy gets me tires overnight. The supply chain issues have been less of an issue these days.

Nor should we have to wait for a specialized technician to fly in to install it the parts. They have had time to require dealerships to get a couple of technicians fully rained. I would understand a week to get the part in. My dealer took almost 2 weeks to diagnose as they could not figure out the problem and then sent a request to Germany (and there was no priority on getting a response).

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Picking mine up today after a 5 week stay at the dealer.
According to them:
- 4.5 weeks to receive the part
- 1.5 days to fit

They have 4 more behind me. I guess the techs are going to be experienced at doing this swap

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well I think the HV Battery is probably not something they can keep in stock.
Why not? Not that hard for them to predict how many they might need per year based on number of cars in-region? I'm sure there must be some 911 engines kicking around on a shelf at the head office in the US/UK/Paris/wherever.

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
Yep. I did also ask how long the wait was to get a 911 in for something fixed and the answer was also mid-April. So sounds like the dealers service departments are just overwhelmed. I'm using porsche retail group in London. No idea if other dealerships having problems too.

But it's daft that they only way you can get your car at least diagnosed in a normal timescale is via recovery. Any normal business would at least see what the problem was, order the part and let you drive if the issue is safe (which basically i'd say this is). Instead, hire car for a few months i guess and stinging nettles growing through car in a field near Heathrow probably. Guess the brakes will go rusty too.
The HV Battery is the N1 thing they should have in stock. I even remember seeing another thread here about new battery storage facilities and regulations regarding those.
Seeing all these issues it looks like I will be dropping my Taycan 6 months before the warranty expires, I'm not ready for 20k bills every 3 months.

V10tdi

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS 991.2,discovery sport, defender 90 300tdi
Country flag
well joined the club mine packed up at the weekend booked into Glasgow Centre will be at least a month they told me heater matrix is on back order
At least they book me a enterprise car to keep me mobile

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Hmmm - I wonder how many of us south of Sat L35N (hotter climates) have no idea if their heater might in fact have failed as frankly I basically never have heat on in the car - prefer on the rare colder winter mornings to just use the seat heaters - now I think I should start testing this although I’ve had zero mechanical issues with my car since delivery end Dec 2021.

Maybe another poll to include location might be useful although the results will I am sure be highly predictable!

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hopefully they’re replacing them with a more reliable part.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Why not? Not that hard for them to predict how many they might need per year based on number of cars in-region? I'm sure there must be some 911 engines kicking around on a shelf at the head office in the US/UK/Paris/wherever.
What is the cost of a 911 engine? My thinking on it was, in this time of "just in time inventory" they would not want to have the carrying cost of $50-60,000 batteries laying on a shelf waiting to be purchased. I am not sure they anticipated the failures of the heaters and HV Batteries. I could see the HV cells being in the part inventory, but I had to wait 2 weeks to get the part flown in from Germany (and then they sent the opposite pole!).
Sponsored