Heater issues anyone?

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The one and off cameras on the car is because the factory forgot to put rubber seal gaskets in the video cable connectors. The whole front video cable had to be changed because the connector was wet and oxidised. Porsche said this is the first they've seen this on any of the cars they service.
Porsche has issued TSBs/campaign about upgrading antenna cable connectors to protect them.
Sponsored

Northlondoner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Picked up my car this morning at last this morning from Porsche Hatfield after three weeks being off the road, let’s hope there are no more mishaps…

Olav

First Name
Olav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I can also join the Porsche Taycan No Heating club. This renders my car absolute useless in the winter season. I really hope this can be resolved quickly.

sveinaan

First Name
Svein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I can also join the Porsche Taycan No Heating club. This renders my car absolute useless in the winter season. I really hope this can be resolved quickly.
Mine took nearly 3 weeks in Asker.
Part ordered January 12. Finished on friday.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I saw a post in German-language forum from Taycan owner whose heater was recently replaced. He was told the replaced heater has a four-year warranty.

Can anyone confirm?

BartA

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
Strange situation with my car. I left it in the shop last week and guy just called me that my heating failure wasn't faulty heater but unfortunate unsealing of heating/cooling circle. Supposedly there was a leak... haven't seen any liquid under my car in garage or on parking spot at my office.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Got mine back. They've had it since dec 22nd. They also replaced one of the front cooling fans due to damage from rocks (gravel) as there's an ingress point somewhere. We use gravel during the winter months here as well as salt so that's fun. Thankfully they paid for it.

Currently charging and being waaaarm. I'm happy.

vegasmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Any members in the US that have been provided a better timeline for their repair? I am at day 19 without a solid ETA.

285kph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW X5 - 2021 Taycan - 2022 BMW X5 45e
Country flag
Any members in the US that have been provided a better timeline for their repair? I am at day 19 without a solid ETA.
My heater died earlier this week. Service dude claimed 1-2 weeks for the repair (with a batch of spares they have already ordered). Apparently they have 5-6 other Taycans with dead heaters sitting on the lot already.

Consequently, they are out of loaners for the next month - my request to foot the bill for a rental car only got a blank stare. I assume this is dealer and customer specific, but have others had better luck with that?

FarrokhB

First Name
Farrokh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
My heater died earlier this week. Service dude claimed 1-2 weeks for the repair (with a batch of spares they have already ordered). Apparently they have 5-6 other Taycans with dead heaters sitting on the lot already.

Consequently, they are out of loaners for the next month - my request to foot the bill for a rental car only got a blank stare. I assume this is dealer and customer specific, but have others had better luck with that?
I was offered the same, and drove the car home. Why leave it there when they have not clue when they will get the parts.

vegasmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I dropped my car off on Jan 20 and just got a text that they’re expecting to receive the part tomorrow. Claims the date has been “moving every day”.

vegasmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Picked up my car today. Apparently, the 12v battery had gone bad while sitting for a month so that was replaced. They also replaced the PCM completely as it was bricked. Will drive around tonight when it gets to 30 and see how the heater holds up.

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
Did you received your intervention date for the replacement of the heater system?

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
It doesn't take long to do the replacement. The delays are because the problem is so widespread that the parts are backlogged. Mine took three weeks total but it was only a day from the part arriving to getting my car back.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Dropped off on Jan 24th. Dealer said part has shipped from Germany, but no date for pick-up yet.

Driving a loaner Macan with a 75mph speed limit is getting to be a drag.
Sponsored