ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
Dropped off on Jan 24th. Dealer said part has shipped from Germany, but no date for pick-up yet.

Driving a loaner Macan with a 75mph speed limit is getting to be a drag.
Your dealer has loaners with a regulator? Damn......
Sponsored

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Your dealer has loaners with a regulator? Damn......
Kind of. It has a GPS and alerts them of speed. They've phoned me three times so far! 😬
My commute is 12 miles freeway and it's killing me because I hit the limit before the end of the on-ramp.

But I learnt that they don't phone on Sunday

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Update from my side - parts to address heater issue arriving now and car to be available 1st March. So all told from new car delivery to dealers, 3 weeks following the original stop sale.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Let's hope the heater your car (and others') gets has the claimed 15 year/12000 hour service life.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Covid for Taycan and E-Tron GT. :CWL:

Has Porsche said anything about whether they've been giving out new parts with the issue fixed, or just installing the same old one? Software or hardware fault?

Mine has been fixed, but I share peoples frustration seeing some people getting it fixed within days while you might have to wait a month or more. Some days I felt it so unfair that we had to wait for so long while I was stuck reading how some of you got it fixed within a few days. But oh well.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Today I picked up my Taycan after the heater was replaced. The service advisor said it was a big job and it took a full week to do it along with my 20K service interval. The following notes from my repair order confirm the complexity of the heater replacement:

"Verified customer concern "heater inop". Performed pre-val and scanned vehicle for codes present. Found code "B182C04 - Electric interior heater (HV-PTC) ? internal fault" present in TME. De-energized vehicle and performed manual verification of absence of charge. Lifted vehicle to remove all under body panels and drained coolant from radiator, rear motor, and high voltage battery. Removed front luggage compartment to access heater. Removed coolant reservoir and removed heater. Transferred bracket to new heater unit. Installed heater and filled cooling system. Performed bleed of cooling system and reinstalled luggage compartment. Coded TME and verified heat to be working as per normal operation. Performed post-val."

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
Heater just died, 8300kms on the clock. “Enjoying” dealer’s Macan as well now lol, no speed limit though, can go as fast as I want :D. They said it’s 2-3 weeks before the new one arrives.

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
Kind of. It has a GPS and alerts them of speed. They've phoned me three times so far! 😬
My commute is 12 miles freeway and it's killing me because I hit the limit before the end of the on-ramp.

But I learnt that they don't phone on Sunday
Do they call on Monday to tell you off for being naughty on the weekend :D

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Heater just died, 8300kms on the clock. “Enjoying” dealer’s Macan as well now lol, no speed limit though, can go as fast as I want :D. They said it’s 2-3 weeks before the new one arrives.
Apologies for going off topic....

I notice you are from Ukraine.
Is life going on something like normal - in parts of the country at least?

Your heater replacement post sounds like that from anyone else in any other country.

Thoughts and support to you all.

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
Apologies for going off topic....

I notice you are from Ukraine.
Is life going on something like normal - in parts of the country at least?

Your heater replacement post sounds like that from anyone else in any other country.

Thoughts and support to you all.
Thanks a lot! Away from the front lines it's relatively safe. Occasional missile strikes but our Air Defense gets about 90% of them every time. By the way the power grid is now back up completely, no more charging issues :)

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
I think hundreds of people have Just had mine replaced.
I managed to get mine to work using the air con timer before getting it fixed.

So the other day, when it was -10, my heater stopped working. The fan was blowing, but it was blowing cold air. I tried restarting the car, and I charged it up to 80% overnight, thinking something might reboot. No luck. Seemed to me that the heating element somehow fried. Brought my car into the dealership without an appointment. They were awesome. Took the car and even found a demo for me to take so I would have a car to drive. Next day got a call that it was indeed the heating element. Had to be replaced but it was on back order. No idea when I would get my car back. Could be a month or more. Thank goodness I can rely on my dealership, they have always been awesome to deal with (unlike some others I have read about in various posts). I have a car to drive while I suffer like so many others from the world wide supply chain debacle. Has anyone else experienced issues with their heaters?

Glassdome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
This is absurd for such an expensive car. I was driving my 4s CT last night and no heat, just freezing cold air pumping out with two young girls in the car. Fogging up the windows and freezing as we go. I have put the car on auto heat this morning and there is zero heat at all. £110k car and no heating. In addition, we have a problem with the porsche charger in that it does not seat into the charge port and the pin lock keeps trying to latch, resulting in a failed charge. We have a tesla model 3 and have none of these issues. How Tesla have developed as a car company with better reliability than German companies is beyond me. People moan about the Tesla build quality, yet ours is 4 years old and never had an issue. The Porsche has only done 3100 miles, I have rattling door panels, freezing cabin, lack of charging. Service are saying there are no appointments until Feb. As a result, I have called Porsche assist and they are recovering it to Porsche. Hopefully that will mean I get a loan car at least.
Sponsored