Home link - possible to retro Fit?

bushmg

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan, 2015 911, 2016 Cayenne S, 2008 RS-60, 2016 Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
I also have a ticket for a Homelink issue. In my case, I have two openers assigned to the joker button: the gate and the garage door. The door is a rolling code and functions reliably. However, the gate is a simple RF trigger, and has issues if two trigger commands are given within a set time period. For example, I am leaving, and I press to open the gate. If I press again as I am leaving, the gate starts to close, then stops. The only explanation I can think of is that it is getting two "close" signals from the Taycan. If I wait about 45 seconds to close the gate, it works. My little visor remote works just fine, so that's what I keep in the car and use.

Advertisement

chuckster

First Name
Chuck
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Cayenne. Porsche Cayenne Diesel, MB 350
Country flag
Hi all,

My 2021 Taycan 4S build is locked, and production is starting in a couple of days (can’t wait :)) however, I just realized that I didn’t tick the box for Homelink, and I would like to have that feature with my garage door..

does anyone know if it is possible to retrofit, maybe as a software update through FoD or any other way?

thanks all :cool:
I believe that Homelink is standard equipment. Look under Comfort and Assistance Systems

OP
MrJohnDolk

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I believe that Homelink is standard equipment. Look under Comfort and Assistance Systems
It may be standard in US models, but not in my European model..

chuckster

First Name
Chuck
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Cayenne. Porsche Cayenne Diesel, MB 350
Country flag
Sorry John, should have know they make as many OPTIONS as possible. Good luck. My car on order for Feb delivery.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I also have a ticket for a Homelink issue. In my case, I have two openers assigned to the joker button: the gate and the garage door. The door is a rolling code and functions reliably. However, the gate is a simple RF trigger, and has issues if two trigger commands are given within a set time period. For example, I am leaving, and I press to open the gate. If I press again as I am leaving, the gate starts to close, then stops. The only explanation I can think of is that it is getting two "close" signals from the Taycan. If I wait about 45 seconds to close the gate, it works. My little visor remote works just fine, so that's what I keep in the car and use.
I have a similar problem with my gate, though the gate Auto closes after 30 seconds and nothing in the area my problem is that when I go to open it it will often open one to two feet and then stop because the signal keeps getting transmitted. I've tried different gestures of holding the button instead of tapping it but have not found a technique yet that will cause it to simply send a quick signal and stop. If you find out a solution Michael, I am all ears.

KensingtonPark

Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2020 Audi A7; 2019 Hyundai Elantra GT; 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Country flag
For example, I am leaving, and I press to open the gate. If I press again as I am leaving, the gate starts to close, then stops...If I wait about 45 seconds to close the gate, it works.
I have a similar problem with my gate, though the gate Auto closes after 30 seconds and nothing in the area my problem is that when I go to open it it will often open one to two feet and then stop because the signal keeps getting transmitted.
In my experience, you have to re-program the button and vary the way you press the button to program it with the remote. It's not how you're touching the button in the Porsche, it's how you pressed the button on the original remote to train the Porsche.

bushmg

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan, 2015 911, 2016 Cayenne S, 2008 RS-60, 2016 Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
In my experience, you have to re-program the button and vary the way you press the button to program it with the remote. It's not how you're touching the button in the Porsche, it's how you pressed the button on the original remote to train the Porsche.
I had the Porsche guy sit with me to program (train) the gate remote. When prompted, all you do is press and hold the remote button near the PCM for a few seconds until the PCM shows OK and goes to the next step. This is not a rolling code system, so no attitional steps are required.

Advertisement

Advertisement