How to hack PCM screen to display video or cast smartphone?

Dr.M.

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s Cross Turismo, 911 4S cabrio
Country flag
Does anyone know about a hack, how to use the pcm screen for film display or as a copy of smartphone screen?
Sponsored

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
And what device would that be?
Check on eBay. I think Kufatec is one of the companies that makes such a device. Haven't tried it myself since I don't even own a Taycan yet but Kufatec is legit and popular for various electronic mods on the Audi forums.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I've had mixed results with the 3rd party devices. The most recent was the Android MMB carplay box. It uses the Taycan's carplay function to connect and display video and Google Playstore apps on the center PCM screen. The old models use Android 7. The newer boxes use Android 10 or 11. When it works, Youtube videos stream okay, others that require higher bandwidth buffer too often. None of these devices display on the Taycan optional passenger display. All of the MMB boxes that I tried eventually bricked at startup after a relatively short period of ownership. The manufacturer tried to find a workaround, but I opted after several weeks to get a refund through ebay's purchase guarantee program.
With the recent software changes to the Taycan's PCM, I would be even more skeptical on the stability of the MMB boxes.

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
I have this one since a few months (Carlinkit TBOX 2.0 Android 11 Auto Smart AI Box, you can easily google it). It works even with the new PCM update. It's not super snappy (think it's quad core not 8) but it's just fine. It plays videos and movies from YouTube, prime, Netflix etc. Quite good actually. My kids watched movies in a 80km trip almost without visible buffering. It has a dedicated simcard slot or can hotspot from a phone connection.

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have a Carlink TBox v3 and used it on a 1000 miles round trip in August for my kids to watch Disney+. It has a sim card slot which I popped in an extra sim I had around. It streamed just fine throughout the trip most of the time as long as there was reception. I kept the box inside the arm rest compartment. They watched all of the Toy Stories movies on it. I’ve had the box since June and it hasn’t bricked yet.

An added advantage with this solution is that you can have Carplay navigation and Native PCM navigation doing the routing at the same time.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
You can play movies saved to a USB-C thumb drive directly through the PCM, no hack required. This works on main and passenger screen and looks and sounds great. You just cannot see video while driving. It’s for when parked at a charger or otherwise not moving. There are a few posts about how to do this on the forum.
Sponsored