Dave Birch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s cross turismo
Country flag
Any chance of some photos or links if you've already posted elsewhere?

Definitely my experience. It surprises me that some people have reported otherwise.

Having just come back from a week around the Yorkshire Dales on actual or effectively single-tracked lanes with passing places (designated or improvised), I've relaxed my policy of marking them on my (paper) road maps for future avoidance, having now experienced a great deal of fair compromise between oncoming drivers (I guess it helps that so many of the roads in that area require such behaviour). +Thank goodness for surround view (luckily I've not yet needed to fold the mirrors in).
I live in Cornwall with a 2 month old CT4S. Our Cornish roads and Cornish(stone) hedges look wonderful especially in spring. Combine that with the width and the Taycan cost makes for some heart in mouth moments. Note to self that the sat nav loves the shortest routes often down the Cornish lanes. I had a lovely road trip to N Wales in the first month and now am getting 240 miles with a 100% charge. The sunny weather and solar panels are delivering great cost savings but the 75p kwh charges on the road are pretty outrageous. Next trip I will seek out Porsche chargers at dealers and Ionity where I can to get the benefit from cheaper charging.

Porsche Taycan I’ve had my Taycan 6 months now. IMG_0061

Porsche Taycan I’ve had my Taycan 6 months now. IMG_0058

Charlie Roarke

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
If only your car had adaptive cruise control you'd have another thing to like a lot. ;)
<ducks>
Then it would be an almost perfect car :) I am lookingfor mine on Sca.auction because at the momentI can't afford to get a new one so that is a very good way out, my guess.

Last edited:

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
It was almost 18 months from order to pickup with 12V battery shortage leading to months in storage but I am glad I didn’t cancel.
Things I like a lot:-
Ride/handling compromise in “normal” is perfect.
Coast when liftoff, I know from racing it is most efficient - we did it in Formula 1 and they do in Le Mans sports cars. I thought it would take a bit of getting used to but no it was quick and easy.
I was looking for a quiet comfortable car with a good turn of speed when wanted and the Taycan delivers that but with better steering and handling than anything else quiet and comfortable by far. I didn’t spec the faux sound and haven’t missed it once. It seemed daft to me to buy a quiet car and make it fake noisy and still does.
Mamba Green.
Blackberry leather.😍
Neodyme particularly the compass face and around the curved display, which I hadn’t expected. It lifts the interior and is subtly lovely.
Vesuvius grey 21” cross Turismo wheels. Love the “chariot wheel” look and the Vesuvius grey is a superb satin finish.
Matching Vesuvius grey inserts, I prefer satin to gloss details.
The driving position and steering feel are perfect for me.
The brake performance and the blend from regeneration to friction is seamless and a superb pedal feel on the friction brakes.
Edit: Not having adaptive cruise, Innodrive or any other driver overiding devices ;)
Things I don’t like:-
Size and weight. I nearly didn’t buy it because of the width and length. The weight is largely expected with a big battery but the width means I quite often use a different car round here, which is a shame.
Not sure about:-
Rear wheel steering, probably get some use from it but too much traffic around here to really lean on the car but it is stupendously nimble swerving to avoid potholes, which is good. I need to do it often.
Active anti roll bars. They probably contribute to the superb ride but how much I don’t know, it was an expensive impulse choice.
PCM etc. there are lots of complaints on here but it works fine for me and is much more sophisticated and complicated than any car I have had before. It can do things I never knew I needed ;) and it turns out I still don’t need much, I don’t bother with much of its capability.

I’ll add stuff as I think of it.
Interesting you see the width as a problem?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Definitely in the English countryside and our car parks.
Just wait until you take the car for a trip in France. The car parks here are dimensioned for Peugeot 103’s. The car fills the space and sticks out like a sore thumb!

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
Interesting you see the width as a problem?
Different baseline expectations. The Charger my wife is moving from is two inches wider than the Taycan, but that's just a typical sized car in the US. Throughout Europe, cars tend to be built on smaller platforms so when purchasing a Taycan they're upsizing.

When I first saw people here commenting on how big the Taycan is, I did some research only to find it's smaller and nimbler than what we've driven in the past.

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Different baseline expectations. The Charger my wife is moving from is two inches wider than the Taycan, but that's just a typical sized car in the US. Throughout Europe, cars tend to be built on smaller platforms so when purchasing a Taycan they're upsizing.

When I first saw people here commenting on how big the Taycan is, I did some research only to find it's smaller and nimbler than what we've driven in the past.
Yes roads and car parks are completely different in the USA to every other country I have driven in except Australia which has some similarities.

I actually hate big heavy cars and whilst I accepted heavy with a big battery I nearly didn’t buy the Taycan because of its size and it is the only thing that takes away from the enjoyment of owning it, and I quite often use a different car for narrow roads or town.

The Prius is effectively quicker on one of my frequent journeys because it is much narrower.

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
Yes roads and car parks are completely different in the USA to every other country I have driven in except Australia which has some similarities.

I actually hate big heavy cars and whilst I accepted heavy with a big battery I nearly didn’t buy the Taycan because of its size and it is the only thing that takes away from the enjoyment of owning it, and I quite often use a different car for narrow roads or town.

The Prius is effectively quicker on one of my frequent journeys because it is much narrower.
I chose an i4 bmw over the Tayacan because of its size. However im
Now doing less cross country/ minor road travelling so can justify a Taycan. Hoping the electric cayman is narrower?
Sponsored