f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I haven’t connected CarPlay to my Taycan.
It was something the sales assistant tried to do at handover but the first instruction from the PCM was to enable Siri on my phone, which I never have before and wasn’t sure how to do quickly so didn’t bother to link the car to CarPlay at all, hence my earlier thread about what people use it for.
In summary I still didn’t bother and haven’t missed it.

Anyway yesterday I tried to make a phone call whilst waiting to pick my daughter up from her meeting (I don’t make calls from the car often) and it failed and I noticed I had a very poor ‘phone signal so I tried a few things.
Opening the door made a big increase in signal, I then tried various combinations of switching off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to see if it made a difference and got a message “do you want to disconnect CarPlay” well that was a surprise since I never consciously connected it and it still tells me I need Siri to link to the car.

This morning my car didn’t play music from my USB stick as it usually does but sat with a spinning symbol presumably trying and failing to connect to something, CarPlay at a guess. That was an easy fix, just select USB and it was back to normal.

Then I noticed my phone hadn’t connected so I went to the phone page and it asked if I wanted CarPlay or PCM, I selected PCM and back to normal.

So I have never linked the car to CarPlay, it doesn’t work either for music or phone, not surprisingly, but has suddenly started “taking over”.

Anybody know why?

I just want to use my Taycan as a car.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I haven’t connected CarPlay to my Taycan.
It was something the sales assistant tried to do at handover but the first instruction from the PCM was to enable Siri on my phone, which I never have before and wasn’t sure how to do quickly so didn’t bother to link the car to CarPlay at all, hence my earlier thread about what people use it for.
In summary I still didn’t bother and haven’t missed it.

Anyway yesterday I tried to make a phone call whilst waiting to pick my daughter up from her meeting (I don’t make calls from the car often) and it failed and I noticed I had a very poor ‘phone signal so I tried a few things.
Opening the door made a big increase in signal, I then tried various combinations of switching off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to see if it made a difference and got a message “do you want to disconnect CarPlay” well that was a surprise since I never consciously connected it and it still tells me I need Siri to link to the car.

This morning my car didn’t play music from my USB stick as it usually does but sat with a spinning symbol presumably trying and failing to connect to something, CarPlay at a guess. That was an easy fix, just select USB and it was back to normal.

Then I noticed my phone hadn’t connected so I went to the phone page and it asked if I wanted CarPlay or PCM, I selected PCM and back to normal.

So I have never linked the car to CarPlay, it doesn’t work either for music or phone, not surprisingly, but has suddenly started “taking over”.

Anybody know why?

I just want to use my Taycan as a car.
When you phone is connected to the PCM (Bluetooth / WiFi / both) it will automatically attempt to connect Carplay (or Android Auto on an Android device) and if not configured you could well end up in a pickle.

If you don't want Carplay then go to the devices menu on the PCM and de-select Carplay (symbol C>).

Some light reading below.

Porsche Taycan I seem to be in some sort of limbo regarding CarPlay 1677066021684

Attachments

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I seem to be in some sort of limbo regarding CarPlay | TaycanForum -- Porsche Taycan Owners, News, Discussions, Forums
When you phone is connected to the PCM (Bluetooth / WiFi / both) it will automatically attempt to connect Carplay (or Android Auto on an Android device) and if not configured you could well end up in a pickle.

If you don't want Carplay then go to the devices menu on the PCM and de-select Carplay (symbol C>).

Some light reading below.

1677066021684.png
f1eng

Better still go to your phones Settings then to General then to CarPlay and a submenu under that and toggle the button off - this way not available to the car/PCM.