First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Hello Taycan enthusiasts!

As I was driving back from the dealership with my brand new left charging port, a rabbit decided to gift me some broken plastics at the front end. While the drive home was smooth and quiet, I noticed that on the left side there was just one flap instead of 2. So, to keep the historic clean (because such an incident isn’t worth an insurance claim), I’ve ordered the parts myself and fitted in my workshop… by myself. (Even if it was an insurance claim, I would still repair it in my workshop)

My place is specialized in collision work so for me it wasn’t such a big deal. One thing to mention is that the Taycan is different from the Panamera in terms of dissasembling, a bit more complex I would say. The repair is Live on Youtube if you fancy watching 8 minutes of the entire repair process!

I Smashed My Porsche And I Repaired It Myself [No Insurance]
Sponsored

Last edited:

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hello Taycan enthusiasts!

As I was driving back from the dealership with my brand new left charging port, a rabbit decided to gift me some broken plastics at the front end. While the drive home was smooth and quiet, I noticed that on the left side there was just one flap instead of 2. So, to keep the historic clean (because such an incident isn’t worth an insurance claim), I’ve ordered the parts myself and fitted in my workshop… by myself. (Even if it was an insurance claim, I would still repair it in my workshop)

My place is specialized in collision work so for me it wasn’t such a big deal. One thing to mention is that the Taycan is different from the Panamera in terms of dissasembling, a bit more complex I would say. The repair is Live on Youtube if you fancy watching 8 minutes of the entire repair process!

I Smashed My Porsche And I Repaired It Myself [No Insurance]
You did another great video!

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Last edited:

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
Thanks for the vid -- I'm glad you take such pride in your work, it's nice to see. I imagine you and your friend spent your entire Saturday or whatever doing this. I was exhausted just watching it. :D Also, nice shop.

If my car hit something like that I think the damage would be triple what you tallied because I have so many sensors in that front bumper. Gives me shivers. I will avoid rabbits where ever possible. :D

Thx again.

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Thanks for the vid -- I'm glad you take such pride in your work, it's nice to see. I imagine you and your friend spent your entire Saturday or whatever doing this. I was exhausted just watching it. :D Also, nice shop.

If my car hit something like that I think the damage would be triple what you tallied because I have so many sensors in that front bumper. Gives me shivers. I will avoid rabbits where ever possible. :D

Thx again.
Thank you so much for the kind words! I did it after work, from 19:30 - 22:30 including the final wash and all checks.

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
Ok, I guess it would have taken me all day, I'm not familiar with how and where all the fasteners are on vehicles.. takes me an hour to get my motorcycle seat off. (Not really, but...). Also, I don't have a kickass lift and rolling tool box like yours.. Very professional. Which is, I guess, because you are a professional. LOL.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
That was a great video, and a great repair!

It is lucky that you seemed only to damage plastics while the painted surfaces were fine, as well as the internal bumper structure behind the cover.

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Ok, I guess it would have taken me all day, I'm not familiar with how and where all the fasteners are on vehicles.. takes me an hour to get my motorcycle seat off. (Not really, but...). Also, I don't have a kickass lift and rolling tool box like yours.. Very professional. Which is, I guess, because you are a professional. LOL.
Haha! It’s the only thing I do 🤷‍♂️🤣

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
That was a great video, and a great repair!

It is lucky that you seemed only to damage plastics while the painted surfaces were fine, as well as the internal bumper structure behind the cover.
Thank God it was a small rabbit, if it was a dog or something (like you find if you drive in eastern Europe) it would’ve been a lot worse.

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nice to see someone who can do their own repairs. I'll bet that rabbit was the same one who attacked Jimmy Carter!

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Nice to see someone who can do their own repairs. I'll bet that rabbit was the same one who attacked Jimmy Carter!
thank you, Sir! It isn’t really DIY but I filmed it for my own sake and if I sell it to show everything I did with the new owner.
Sponsored