Ice Grey CT received!

bdc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I just received my Ice Grey Cross Turismo ordered in April.

Porsche Taycan Ice Grey CT received! 92AAC741-AEF1-4A0C-BB43-C416D3D4E9BA

First impressions:
  • It looks absolutely amazing. I still can't believe how nice it is from every angle.
  • I love the color, but I wish it was a tiny bit more grey. Still the nicest color available in my book.
  • The drive is just ridiculous. Everything is so tight, reactive and stable.
  • It's a tiny bit louder than I expected, even though I have the noise insulated glass option.
  • I'm happy I went with the 4. It's more than quick enough for me.
  • I couldn't connect the car to my Porsche ID. I went to the dealership and they couldn't fix it either with a reset, so I had to make an appointment for next week and leave the car for at least a day until they figure out what's wrong (presumably the OTA module). Honestly, it really sucks for a brand new car to experience that kind of issue.
  • The other relatively minor disappointment is the camera on the back. It's really, really bad. The image quality is poor, and the viewing angle is completely distorted, making the camera pretty much pointless. By far the worst camera I've ever had, which is super odd given how high quality everything else is (well, aside from the connectivity).
  • The whole charging experience is great. I was a little bit worried about it for whatever reason but it's very practical, fast and easy.
  • The BOSE sound system is wonderful, I highly recommend it!
  • I'm not sure I'd recommend the Electric Sport Sound option given its price. It's super fun for like... 10 minutes, but it quickly becomes overwhelming.
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Congrats on your new vehicle!
Enjoy the ride :like:

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
Thanks for sharing and congrats on your new ride!
Regarding the rear camera, did you opt for the surround view, or solely the back one? During my test ride I did react to the image looking super weird, at least for me coming from a Tesla with an amazing rear camera.
On the cabin noise, I wonder how big of a difference it is between the 20" and 21" wheels...might stick with the 20"

OP
OP

bdc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Regarding the rear camera, did you opt for the surround view, or solely the back one?
Just the back one. I heard the surround one has more options to configure the viewing angle etc. but mine has nothing, except from an unusable view.

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 90D; 2020 Porsche GT4; Ram 1500
Country flag

92AAC741-AEF1-4A0C-BB43-C416D3D4E9BA.jpeg

First impressions:
  • It looks absolutely amazing. I still can't believe how nice it is from every angle.
  • I love the color, but I wish it was a tiny bit more grey. Still the nicest color available in my book.
  • It's a tiny bit louder than I expected, even though I have the noise insulated glass option.
  • I couldn't connect the car to my Porsche ID. I went to the dealership and they couldn't fix it either with a reset, so I had to make an appointment for next week and leave the car for at least a day until they figure out what's wrong (presumably the OTA module). Honestly, it really sucks for a brand new car to experience that kind of issue.
  • The other relatively minor disappointment is the camera on the back. It's really, really bad. The image quality is poor, and the viewing angle is completely distorted, making the camera pretty much pointless. By far the worst camera I've ever had, which is super odd given how high quality everything else is (well, aside from the connectivity).
  • The whole charging experience is great. I was a little bit worried about it for whatever reason but it's very practical, fast and easy.
  • I'm not sure I'd recommend the Electric Sport Sound option given its price. It's super fun for like... 10 minutes, but it quickly becomes overwhelming.
Congrats, and thanks for sharing. Looks stunning…and makes me feel more confident that Ice Grey may be the right choice.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
First impressions:
- Tires are a source of noise. I heard an increase in road noise with all-seasons vs. my Michelin PS.
- BOSE is GREAT for the $. Best Bose in a Porsche to date
- Agreed. ESS is a gimmick and gest old - fast.

Congrats and enjoy in great health! :fist bump:

OP
OP

bdc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Quick update: the connectivity issue just... disappeared this morning for whatever reason, even though nothing worked for the last two days (including a hard reset). I'm glad everything works now, but it surely doesn't feel rock solid!

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
Congrats with the car. From where are you? Perhaps we pass eachother, i’m from region ghent.
enjoy the car. Nice colour.

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
You have great taste and a stunning CT! Mine starts production next week and is almost identical (but for the addition of black roof rails). Are your wheels metallic, gloss, or satin black? I was worried about the black calipers, but they seem to work well with the wheels.

Daz&Jac

First Name
Darren & Jac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycon
Country flag

92AAC741-AEF1-4A0C-BB43-C416D3D4E9BA.jpeg

First impressions:
Looks amazing wow very close to mine which arrives tomorrow at dealer and collecting next week can’t wait!!
Any more pics you can share:clap: