Fuzzy80

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ5
Country flag
It almost looks coffee beige the crayon one.

It makes me firmly in the ice grey club, although in some pic’s the crayon when it looks a mid grey is stunning.

I think in some lights I think in some light I could park next to crayon and think I wish I had gone for that and in others think I’m glad I didn’t.

Ice Grey looks great in all light and is why I went that way.
Sponsored

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
It almost looks coffee beige the crayon one.

It makes me firmly in the ice grey club, although in some pic’s the crayon when it looks a mid grey is stunning.

I think in some lights I think in some light I could park next to crayon and think I wish I had gone for that and in others think I’m glad I didn’t.

Ice Grey looks great in all light and is why I went that way.
Well said. Exactly this for me too.

BB_680

First Name
Bodo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Icegrey Turbo
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. It’s interesting how the colors shift as the distance changes. The beige in chalk comes out when you get closer to it, as does the grey in Ice Grey. From a distance chalk looks white, and Ice Grey looks white-Ish, but darker. I wonder if that’s the auto white balance in the camera. The video reaffirms my choice of Ice Grey over Chalk. Any day now…
I looked at the videos in the exact same moment I was standing in front of both cars and I was surprised how close the colors got to my real life perspective. For sure there is some auto white balance, but the colors are very accurate. I first saw the chalk Taycan and I was blown away by it. Then the dealer parked the icegrey next to it and my decision was clear. Ice Grey all day. A few meters away was a 992 in Chalk and it looked simply amazing. Then I realised what (my) problem with chalk is: The Taycan is too big for the color. At least in my opinion. It’s just „too much“ chalk then. Especially because of the fact that chalk is a uni Color and icegrey is metallic. It looks great on a smaller car like a 911 or 718. But the Taycan is too big for it. The metallic look of the icegrey gives the Taycan more depth if that makes sense. The 911 has such an iconic body shape, it can rock a uni Color and still look gorgeous. The Taycan cannot do that. At least in my opinion. It looks a bit flat.

SeattleYates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, PanameraTurbo,993cab,i8/M5/M3/914
Country flag
...Then I realised what (my) problem with chalk is: The Taycan is too big for the color. At least in my opinion. It’s just „too much“ chalk then. Especially because of the fact that chalk is a uni Color and icegrey is metallic. It looks great on a smaller car like a 911 or 718. But the Taycan is too big for it. The metallic look of the icegrey gives the Taycan more depth if that makes sense. The 911 has such an iconic body shape, it can rock a uni Color and still look gorgeous. The Taycan cannot do that. At least in my opinion. It looks a bit flat.
That's a really useful observation! :movember:

KM1669

First Name
Kaleem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
840i
Country flag
Ice grey is definitely the best colour in my opinion, parked next to each other I’ve grey makes Crayon look flat. Mrs didn’t like it and I couldn’t convince her either so ended up going black. Pics below of crayon, Ice grey and white for comparison in night and day along with black with mission e alloys and red interior which is what I have ordered.

Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club 2B866CE6-D1A7-4854-A24A-F99EEA765389

Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club 0428C9FF-5EED-4959-A61D-43F736DBFB67

Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club 2EA66ACC-96B1-446E-9CFF-9D06C356238A

Wrtflyr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Last week had Graphene Ceramic coat put on mine and it looks amazing! This is a great color especially for the hot weather we get in Arizona!
Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club F264E533-5866-4766-86A1-676C9A9D14BA
Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club AEDC252D-4303-434C-AEFE-38BE77790F37
Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club CE6318EC-0980-4E20-8F4F-6BA3E69BD908

Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club D529DF2F-74B3-4B49-B245-3C649FF3AAD8

Last edited:

RichJ

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2015 BMW228ix, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
Just picked up my Ice Grey Taycan 4S yesterday. Thanks to all of you who posted photos of your cars and for discussing your thought processes in choosing your color. I love it!

Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club 2B90A24E-F6E4-410E-B1FC-B46CAFC87577

Steve444

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne
Country flag
The color looks much, much better outdoors than it does indoors. As others have written, the color is like a chameleon. And I know what I'm writing - I also have one in this color.
What colour interior did you choose? I am tending towards ice grey now. Thanks

ThumbsUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan Turbo S; ‘20 Taycan Turbo (gone)
Country flag
I also have red in mine. I love it! I had black in my previous Taycan, but like the red much better, especially with the ice grey exterior.

Vfgator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan 4S, 20 GT4,12 Cayenne Turbo, 16 SL63 AMG
Country flag
First time post. Thought I would share my build. I haven't seen the same interior yet. Here is the code, PM5422V0. Curious on thoughts.

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
First time post. Thought I would share my build. I haven't seen the same interior yet. Here is the code, PM5422V0. Curious on thoughts.
Nicely optioned. In my opinion there is a lot of grey inside and out. I think more contrast is good inside either a black or red interior would look nice.
Sponsored