JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
Has anyone figured out a way that you don’t have to touch the wheel so frequently when using the Innodrive system.
I find it does a really nice job but it’s always reminding you to put your hands on the wheel. Any tricks or hacks out there?
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
those nags are built in because when tesla first came out with their AP system people were abusing it, so they had to update the frequency of the nags. I went from being able to go a few miles without a nag to nags every minute or so in my teslas.
one thing that I was able to do to defeat the hands on was to use my knee to jostle the steering wheel to satisfy the nag. I haven't tried it in the porsche

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
ALK is what does the wheel nags, not Innodrive.

I know this because I cancelled Innodrive and still get them with ALK+ACC only.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
ALK is what does the wheel nags, not Innodrive.

I know this because I cancelled Innodrive and still get them with ALK+ACC only.
could it be that BOTH innodrive AND ALK both generate nags?

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
could it be that BOTH innodrive AND ALK both generate nags?
Could be?

But I figure since InnoDrive is speed changes, not steering, it probably wouldn't.

Anyone have Innodrive without ALK to confirm or deny this?

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Could be?

But I figure since InnoDrive is speed changes, not steering, it probably wouldn't.

innodrive does much more than speed control.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Could be?

Both do. When I turn on acc without ALK it also happens. ALK was activated by FOD. Still waiting for PID to become active. Purchased 4 weeks ago. ALK was active directly. Only got the message in the car Monday. Doesn’t want to install however.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
If you buy innodrive from start from factory you got ALK and innodrive. If you buy it as FOD you must buy Innodrive and ALK.

Mr Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S (going), Taycan RWD (incoming)
Country flag
I don't bother finding any ways to keep my hands off the wheel when using Innodrive - I find that it is so unpredictable that the safest thing to do is to hold the wheel at all times and watch the road.

The reason I ordered it is in the hope that over the years ID will be updated and upgraded in order to make it more usable, like the Tesla AP. I admit though I used AP in my model S maybe too much, and let myself sometimes be distracted with other things. In that sense I don't miss it..

OP
OP
JRNJTAYCAN

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
I don't bother finding any ways to keep my hands off the wheel when using Innodrive - I find that it is so unpredictable that the safest thing to do is to hold the wheel at all times and watch the road.

The reason I ordered it is in the hope that over the years ID will be updated and upgraded in order to make it more usable, like the Tesla AP. I admit though I used AP in my model S maybe too much, and let myself sometimes be distracted with other things. In that sense I don't miss it..
That’s surprising to hear that your in no drive is unpredictable. I have been very happy with mine on highways and back roads. It was very well an really happy with it just hate the hands on message so frequently.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag

I agree, it cannot be given the level of trust that Tesla Autopilot can.

The main thing is that as soon as it loses lines on the road for whatever reason, it silently disengages with no warning to the driver other than the green wheel icon going dark.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I agree, it cannot be given the level of trust that Tesla Autopilot can.

The main thing is that as soon as it loses lines on the road for whatever reason, it silently disengages with no warning to the driver other than the green wheel icon going dark.
I find I like Innodrive/ALK/ACC, but the idea of taking my hands off the wheel or eyes off the road for more than a couple of seconds seems off to me. I wouldn't trust any car's "self-driving" to that extent.

I use Innodfive/ACC/ALK to lessen stress while driving on main roads/highways. The active safety features they provide are definitely useful in reducing stress and increasing safety. Oddly enough I even leave sign recognition on. There have been a few times when I zoned out a bit and the car slowing alerted me to a speed change I hadn't noticed. Most of the time when cruising on a highway I just set the speed to about 5mph over the limit and that stays consistent, even when passing speed signs, so long as the speed limit hasn't changed.

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
I agree with this - I brought that concern up with my PC rep 2 years ago as this system gives the user a sense of safety when the system is active, but does not actively inform when it disengages the system. A small vibration on the wheel would be all it takes.

Other than that PID/ALK is fantastic, to me. I normally just nudge the wheel from time to time - have gotten used to it by now and I'm rarely prompted to touch the wheel anymore.

Mr Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S (going), Taycan RWD (incoming)
Country flag
I agree that the mechanical feedback could be more firm when using ID, including when it disengages. That would give much more a sense of security.

What I also liked about the Tesla AP is that in bad weather conditions, such as heavy rain or at night on badly lit and winding backroads, it remained effective and could be used as a corrective 'co-pilot' for the driver. Not so with ID, which craps out really fast in these conditions, and many times has difficulty seeing the road lines. Must be a camera thing I guess.
Sponsored