johnschlemmer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I'm about to purchase a Taycan from an out of state dealer (they had a GTS allocation at MSRP, already put down my deposit). But as I'm reading on these forums, it sounds like there are sometimes a fair number of issues that people take the car back to the dealer to get fixed. Hopefully I get a car that doesn't have these, but in case I'm not that lucky, do you think I'll have issues bringing this car to a dealer for fixes if it's not the dealer I purchased the car from? Has anybody had experience with this? From my understanding they're pretty much obligated to help regardless of where I purchased, as long as it's under warranty... right?
Sponsored

orangecuse

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I'm about to purchase a Taycan from an out of state dealer (they had a GTS allocation at MSRP, already put down my deposit). But as I'm reading on these forums, it sounds like there are sometimes a fair number of issues that people take the car back to the dealer to get fixed. Hopefully I get a car that doesn't have these, but in case I'm not that lucky, do you think I'll have issues bringing this car to a dealer for fixes if it's not the dealer I purchased the car from? Has anybody had experience with this? From my understanding they're pretty much obligated to help regardless of where I purchased, as long as it's under warranty... right?
any Porsche dealership will help - i bought mine from a in-state but dealer that was hours away from me. You should have no issues

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Speaking of, does anyone have any recommendations on an MSRP dealer that does out of state deals? I'm pretty far back on my waitlist so want to see if any luck at other dealers, since PECLA delivery works to get it pretty close to me

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
Following. On a waitlist as well. I randomly emailed dealers nationwide and they either don’t take out of state buyers, or 5-10k ‘market adjustment’.

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag
my experience was that just about anywhere outside of Cali was willing to go MSRP. Have to make a few calls to ascertain allocations and willingness, but didnt take long. Dont email. Better to call. No dealer wants to sell to a flipper, but they know the Cali buyer / PECLA delivery dance.

rcsting

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Speaking of, does anyone have any recommendations on an MSRP dealer that does out of state deals? I'm pretty far back on my waitlist so want to see if any luck at other dealers, since PECLA delivery works to get it pretty close to me
‘Sent you a PM

OP
OP

johnschlemmer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Shoot, my dealer just pulled a fast one on me. They’re saying they’ll allow me to purchase the vehicle even though I don’t live in that state, but I must be there in person to sign the paperwork. I have a family member in that state ready to pick it up, but I was planning on having them ship it to me. I don’t want the family member to be the one on the financing or title. Has anybody done this by mailing paperwork? Or maybe if I get it delivered to the center in LA (which I live much closer to) does that make it easier? Does anyone have any suggestions?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Shoot, my dealer just pulled a fast one on me. They’re saying they’ll allow me to purchase the vehicle even though I don’t live in that state, but I must be there in person to sign the paperwork. I have a family member in that state ready to pick it up, but I was planning on having them ship it to me. I don’t want the family member to be the one on the financing or title. Has anybody done this by mailing paperwork? Or maybe if I get it delivered to the center in LA (which I live much closer to) does that make it easier? Does anyone have any suggestions?
You 100% don't have to be there in person. They can mail the paperwork and ship the car to you sight unseen. They want you to come down to try to sell you addons in person, period.

Say no and tell them to overnight the paperwork. They can take a video of the car to give you to confirm quality before shipment, then put it on a truck to you.

If they give you any trouble ask to speak to the GM. If the GM gives you any trouble let them know your next call is to PCNA. That should clear it right up.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
You might want to reach out to another member on this forum. Here is their post regarding having a third party having to complete the transaction.
Post by @Brazz

IcanTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, BMW 328xi
Country flag
You definitely do not need to be there in person. All dealers I spoke to were out of state and all were going to send me paperwork and use my local notary services. Even if you do PEC LA the paperwork needs to be done before you get to PEC.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
All my exchanges were done electronically except for the final bill of sale that was overnighted FedEx with return label. Then they can send the registration documents either to you or directly to DMV. I had them overnight them back to me.

Whatever they’re overcharging you for documentation fees you can tell them to take it out of that.

PECLA was very backlogged when I had planned to take delivery in early December so be prepared to cancel that plan if you can’t deal with the delay (I was told extra 8weeks at the time). The dealership won’t know the PECLA schedule unless they call in advance or wait for PEC to contact them once your car is produced.

Last edited:

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
I live in Southern California and bought from a NJ dealer. Paperwork fedexed to me and sent back no issues. Had PECLA delivery. Funny enough day after I bought the car I took it in for tint and ran into someone with same NJ Porsche dealer temp plates. They had received a 718 GT4 shipped to them from same dealer as me. They said bought at MSRP versus ADM over here. Said great experience also.

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
avoid peoria and chicago dealers, bunch of scam artists. horrible dealerships. They send you the paper work and charge you extra 500$ for the paperwork fee
Sponsored