It's warm here in Dublin – what's the warmest you've been in your Taycan ?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
AC on ECO mode or FULL ? I have always been surprised at how good ECO mode is.
Have to admit I am kind of lazy here and for daly driving that doesn't use anywhere near enough charge to worry about SoC I tend to just drive in Normal or Sport with std i.e. full AC on by default. The Eco mode is quite good though and have played with it but as prior poster said, when you get up towards 40+, full AC def more comfortable.
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The hottest I've ever experienced was 46C in a shitty Nissan rental driving through Death Valley.
I've managed on both ends of the scale to experience 50+C in the middle east and yes -50C by the Arctic circle in Canada!

Don't need any more of either experience :)

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
What @tigerbalm didn't mention is that many homes in Ireland, UK and the European continent don't have air conditioning. 30C can get pretty uncomfortable if you have no AC available in your home or office. With the current heatwave across Europe, temperatures are heading above 40C in some places. While that might not be a big deal in Texas or Arizona, this is so far beyond normal for the natural and societal equilibrium that people are dying :crying:

https://www.irishtimes.com/world/eu...-battles-wildfires-as-heatwave-spreads-north/

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hello from Arizona USA! My part of suburban Phoenix had a light shower a couple of hours ago which cooled things off to 107 F (42 C) - but it's muggy and awful like a summer day in the UAE ...
Porsche Taycan It's warm here in Dublin – what's the warmest you've been in your Taycan ? 1658185084074

Even though I drive around in these temperatures with normal A/C on setting 2 or 3 of 6, a PB+ with fixed pano roof and 20" wheels, I just charged the battery and am getting 258 miles at 85% SOC which is theoretically equivalent to 303 miles at 100 % SOC. Too hot to use eco A/C. I can't imagine how folks in Europe are enduring the heat without A/C.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What @tigerbalm didn't mention is that many homes in Ireland, UK and the European continent don't have air conditioning. 30C can get pretty uncomfortable if you have no AC available in your home or office. With the current heatwave across Europe, temperatures are heading above 40C in some places. While that might not be a big deal in Texas or Arizona, this is so far beyond normal for the natural and societal equilibrium that people are dying :crying:

https://www.irishtimes.com/world/eu...-battles-wildfires-as-heatwave-spreads-north/
Born and bred in Ireland :)

siglo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
It's been around 47c this week in my Taycan in the afternoon. For this time of year, it's actually not that hot. Summer was late and temperatures seems cooler than last year. Even crops that ripen in the beginning of July like dates are still not ripe yet.

This is the forecast for the rest of the week over here.
Porsche Taycan It's warm here in Dublin – what's the warmest you've been in your Taycan ? 1658232228509

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Having travelled all over the world for my job and having to work outside in very high temperatures I have always appreciated the climate in the UK.
I think the worst was the Dallas GP where we had “swamp coolers” in the pits but long hours in the heat but thankfully an air conditioned hotel room to sleep in.
It is the one part of my job I don’t miss now I have retired. Malaysia and Singapore were probably the worst because of the humidity.
I prefer the temperature to never go above 25C ideally

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Having travelled all over the world for my job and having to work outside in very high temperatures I have always appreciated the climate in the UK.
I think the worst was the Dallas GP where we had “swamp coolers” in the pits but long hours in the heat but thankfully an air conditioned hotel room to sleep in.
It is the one part of my job I don’t miss now I have retired. Malaysia and Singapore were probably the worst because of the humidity.
I prefer the temperature to never go above 25C ideally
I agree 25 is best. I travel all over Asia and there you can jump between AC room to AC car....
Any news on your car ?
BTW - I think we have a mutual acquaintance from old F1 days. Nickname Yoss (he always said to Verstappen that he was the original Yoss ;) - He's ex Toleman / Benneton Pit crew.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I agree 25 is best. I travel all over Asia and there you can jump between AC room to AC car....
Any news on your car ?
BTW - I think we have a mutual acquaintance from old F1 days. Nickname Yoss (he always said to Verstappen that he was the original Yoss ;) - He's ex Toleman / Benneton Pit crew.
Yes Yoss and I worked together at Benetton give him my best regards.
No news on my car yet.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Very happy with pre cooling and seat ventilation.

40 degrees is really hot here in Belgium. We rarely see this. AC at my work could barely follw.
Porsche Taycan It's warm here in Dublin – what's the warmest you've been in your Taycan ? 3C8CCF17-A8CD-4C8C-AB1E-8968FA433463

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Just for a friendly reminder, here's my Taycan in Jan. 2022 when exterior temps were about -40 C ... Hopefully this brings some coolness to the people in the current heat!

Porsche Taycan It's warm here in Dublin – what's the warmest you've been in your Taycan ? @02

Porsche Taycan It's warm here in Dublin – what's the warmest you've been in your Taycan ? @01

siglo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Today's afternoon is the warmest I've seen in the Taycan. The battery temperature was good even after speeding on an empty highway.

Porsche Taycan It's warm here in Dublin – what's the warmest you've been in your Taycan ? 20220722_121746
Porsche Taycan It's warm here in Dublin – what's the warmest you've been in your Taycan ? 20220722_122055

Last edited:

Avharrisjr

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne S, and Taycan
Country flag
33c is hot? I call that Tuesday.

108 (~42C) degrees going through the desert in California. Did not enjoy getting out of the car to charge, despite almost zero humidity.
We just did this through the Central Valley day before yesterday. 80 mph for over 200 mi. at 108 F( 42.2 C) with no problems. A/C ECO struggled a bit, reg A/C was fine.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Warm today…
Porsche Taycan It's warm here in Dublin – what's the warmest you've been in your Taycan ? 3D92CD02-E1A5-4F01-96B4-B10125249F3D
Sponsored