HeTakesThatFivePercent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S (incoming)
Country flag
I have been tracking the Ship since Dec 2. The location today is outside of Costa Rica. Due into San Diego 12/28. The fact that it got right through the Canal yesterday was good. Next stop?? Possibly in Mexico. I’m still hoping to make 12/31 to my Dealer. Dealer told me it’s 50-50.
Wow, that is great news! Especially considering you are in SB and the car is coming up from San Diego, right? Yes, the ship has been moving along at a nice clip ever since it left Emden, no dawdling anywhere LOL.

I'm in Porsche of Downtown LA so there seems a realistic chance the car will get here before year-end. I am shocked but very excited. :clap:
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Wow, that is great news! Especially considering you are in SB and the car is coming up from San Diego, right? Yes, the ship has been moving along at a nice clip ever since it left Emden, no dawdling anywhere LOL.

I'm in Porsche of Downtown LA so there seems a realistic chance the car will get here before year-end. I am shocked but very excited. :clap:
I will post more info if we get any major updates. I just received a call from my S/A and he said they have a number of Cars on the ship. The only problem is they don’t control the transporting from the Dock to them.

OP
OP

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
I will post more info if we get any major updates. I just received a call from my S/A and he said they have a number of Cars on the ship. The only problem is they don’t control the transporting from the Dock to them.
Asteria Leader is setting speed records without stopping. A new update- Next stop on Dec 25th is Port Hueneme. So the Ship will go pass San Diego (which is normal) and drop off BMW’s and then go back to San Diego. It adds 80 miles round trip and takes an extra day or two because of Xmas. However, the Ship should be in San Diego on the 27th still a day early. The only delay could be the Holiday weekend which might add a day and then we would be back to the original Dec 28th planned arrival. This of course presumes nothing goes wrong.

HeTakesThatFivePercent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S (incoming)
Country flag
Asteria Leader is setting speed records without stopping. A new update- Next stop on Dec 25th is Port Hueneme. So the Ship will go pass San Diego (which is normal) and drop off BMW’s and then go back to San Diego. It adds 80 miles round trip and takes an extra day or two because of Xmas. However, the Ship should be in San Diego on the 27th still a day early. The only delay could be the Holiday weekend which might add a day and then we would be back to the original Dec 28th planned arrival. This of course presumes nothing goes wrong.
You are amazingly on top of it! Bravo!

At this rate the car getting to the dealership before 2022 is looking more and more likely. Awesome because I never assumed that was a possibility, though I may need to call the ol' accountant to see if there are any tax implications either way (besides the obvious federal tax credit)!

Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volt, 2009 BMW X5D, 2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
This is starting to get real!!
I ordered this beast in January 2021 - five months to get an allocation, then repeated delivery date changes from September until... very, very, soon!

Porsche Taycan Jan Delivery Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 8.32.33 PM

Porsche Taycan Jan Delivery 1639888442950

Kellster

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan
Country flag
This is starting to get real!!
I ordered this beast in January 2021 - five months to get an allocation, then repeated delivery date changes from September until... very, very, soon!

Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 8.32.33 PM.png

1639888442950.png
Congratulations! It just moored in Benicia. You can drive over there and watch them drive it off the ship. :) I know people who have done that.

OP
OP

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Quick update on Asteria Leader. The Captain has not made a stop since leaving the UK. He has decided to go to Cabo San Lucas and have a quick Lunch and will be there early tomorrow. Will be at Port Hueneme by Xmas and then on to San Diego on the 28th. The big question is how long will it take to unload in San Diego.

HeTakesThatFivePercent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S (incoming)
Country flag
Quick update on Asteria Leader. The Captain has not made a stop since leaving the UK. He has decided to go to Cabo San Lucas and have a quick Lunch and will be there early tomorrow. Will be at Port Hueneme by Xmas and then on to San Diego on the 28th. The big question is how long will it take to unload in San Diego.
I'm on pins and needles trying to guess if you and me get our cars before 2022. I sure hope so. But let that captain enjoy his Cabo fiesta, he's earned it!

OP
OP

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
I'm on pins and needles trying to guess if you and me get our cars before 2022. I sure hope so. But let that captain enjoy his Cabo fiesta, he's earned it!
RE Asteria Leader-This looks like the current schedule. Ship is past Cabo and will hit the U.S. late tomorrow or early Saturday morning and is scheduled into Port Huneme(Oxnard) Xmas day. I presume they will off load their other Brands on Sunday?/Monday and will arrive in San Diego on the 28th. The San Diego Port shows their arrival on 12/28. If we’re lucky they can process the cars on 12/28-12/30 and Dealers could get them 12/30-31. If not with the holiday they would arrive 1/2-3 obv depending on how close people are to the Port. For most it’s a same day delivery. My Dealer knows it’s going to be close and has told me as soon as the Car hits them they will cut me the paperwork. They have repeatedly stated they CANNOT CUT the paperwork before they receive the Car.

HeTakesThatFivePercent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S (incoming)
Country flag
RE Asteria Leader-This looks like the current schedule. Ship is past Cabo and will hit the U.S. late tomorrow or early Saturday morning and is scheduled into Port Huneme(Oxnard) Xmas day. I presume they will off load their other Brands on Sunday?/Monday and will arrive in San Diego on the 28th. The San Diego Port shows their arrival on 12/28. If we’re lucky they can process the cars on 12/28-12/30 and Dealers could get them 12/30-31. If not with the holiday they would arrive 1/2-3 obv depending on how close people are to the Port. For most it’s a same day delivery. My Dealer knows it’s going to be close and has told me as soon as the Car hits them they will cut me the paperwork. They have repeatedly stated they CANNOT CUT the paperwork before they receive the Car.
Makes sense. Appreciate all your diligent tracking. Crossing fingers and toes for a 12/31 photo finish at our dealers.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Does anyone know what pier in San Diego the cars will be coming off? I have nothing to do that day and it would be fun to see a bunch of Porsches coming off, even if I can't get eyes on mine, which has to go up to Riverside from there.

BobC

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Latest update on Asteria Leader; arrives in San Diego on Monday, 12/27:

ASTERIA LEADER 12/27 05:00 12/27 16:00 PORT HUENEME, US Berth 24-4

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Latest update on Asteria Leader; arrives in San Diego on Monday, 12/27:

ASTERIA LEADER 12/27 05:00 12/27 16:00 PORT HUENEME, US Berth 24-4
Are CA car dealerships open on New Year's Eve? It might matter now!
Sponsored