tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Chalk with Stealth wrap
Country flag
Does anyone know if the residual value of a Taycan 4S is higher if the car has the performance battery plus option(United States market)? This would be compared to an equally priced Taycan without the performance battery plus.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Logically, yes I would have thought as there is significant value in the battery and more desirable.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
In general residuals are based on the resale of a car at auction with minimal add ons and upgrades.
4s has a higher residual than a Turbo, Turbo higher than a Turbo S.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
As far as I can tell, the PBP counts the same as any other option.

It may, and I suspect does, affect how much the dealer is able to sell the car for once you've turned it in at the end of your lease. But that's just sort of averaged in to the residual they give you. (From what I can tell it's 54% for the 4S.)

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The primary limiting factor on an EV is the range the battery provides which degrades over time. the P+ battery should be much preferred to the P battery. There probably aren't enough resale statistics to show this, but time will likely prove this to be correct.

Additionally there is now some history on battery performance over time, but not for the Taycan. Tesla, the Chevy Bolt and Nissan Leaf have enough history to know how the battery performs over time. Tesla and the Chevy bolt perform quite well over time. The Leaf doesn't because it doesn't have active cooling as the others do. The Taycan has active cooling so it will likely perform well over time.

And as the battery is the main determinant of range, why play to a weak hand by buying the small battery?
Sponsored

Last edited: