Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Wheels Wheels Wheels!! 100% of people see your wheels whereas probably 5% of people see your interior enough to know if its full or partial leather. Basic Taycan wheels are a no no
Who cares about what others see. Leather is what you feel daily. And stock 19 are quite nice actually.
Sponsored

David4Cross

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Like others said go for leather.
I did the same thing.
Wheels are easy to upgrade.
I went with stock wheels and added 21” wheels a month later.
For me this was because of taxes on a car you buy through your company. I wanted the car cheap on the order and add things after delivery. To be honest the basic wheels look like wheel covers and you will see them each time you walk up to the car. With basic wheels the car is absolutely missing that wow factor.
Porsche Taycan Leather or better wheels? 1

Porsche Taycan Leather or better wheels? 2

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
No doubt: leather.
You can always change wheels later.

Bazza

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne hybrid V6 (Taycan on order)
Country flag
Like others said go for leather.
I did the same thing.
Wheels are easy to upgrade.
I went with stock wheels and added 21” wheels a month later.
For me this was because of taxes on a car you buy through your company. I wanted the car cheap on the order and add things after delivery. To be honest the basic wheels look like wheel covers and you will see them each time you walk up to the car. With basic wheels the car is absolutely missing that wow factor.
1.jpg

2.jpg
like chalk and cheese - beautiful with those black wheels!!

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
I went with the leather and 20" Taycan Turbo Design wheels for my Mamba Green CT4. I couldn't decide between the 21" wheel designs, so I used the difference in cost between the 20" and 21" wheels to get Rear Axel Steering and Massage seats.

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I went with the leather and 20" Taycan Turbo Design wheels for my Mamba Green CT4. I couldn't decide between the 21" wheel designs, so I used the difference in cost between the 20" and 21" wheels to get Rear Axel Steering and Massage seats.
I did something similar. went with 20" Turbo wheels and added a few other things. RAS, Full Leather and deviated stitching too. Not quite the comparison in value but it was part of the reason.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Leather.
Upgrade wheels later and put winter tires on the original set so you have a set for winter...

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Agree with many who have said leather for the simple reason: that is what YOU see and FEEL every time you drive and sit in your car. Who cares what your wheels look like — they should be spinning so fast no one can see them.

Reactions: B61

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
The seats are still leather with standard interior.
Only the seat center is real leather, the bolsters, headrests, and the middle rear seat(if you ordered 4+1) are all leatherette.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
leather every time, add an extra set of wheels later.

OP
OP
thinkbusiness

thinkbusiness

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think ultimately it is your own personal preference, but here are a few things you should consider:

-I personally think leather is a must for a car at this price point, however:
  • The fake leather is actually not too bad. I ordered leather because there was not too much pictures of the standard interior available at launch and I played it safe.
  • The real leather shows wear and tear much quicker than the synthetic ones
  • Not many people can tell the difference, unless you go for colors like red. Even then, not everyone can tell.
- Wheels are crucial to the overall look to this car....any of the standard 20"s just look awful in my opinion. The dealership in my region is extremely anal about customer changing wheels (aftermarket or OEM), and threaten to void warranty. I have the 20" Turbo and I just hate looking at my car from the side. If your dealer is cool with it, then just change it afterwards.
I will check out the difference in real life again. I want to see if I also feel that when you’re choosing a black interior anyway the added cost is not “worth “ it.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I will check out the difference in real life again. I want to see if I also feel that when you’re choosing a black interior anyway the added cost is not “worth “ it.
The dashboard and doors look different (better for me). It will be less obvious in black. But is is different. Up to you if it is worth 4000 euro. The full leather and olea are smooth. The base interior leather on the seats looked different like it had some pattern. I would look at it at the dealer so you know what you are getting.

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Hi,

Like many of you I cannot spell the car with everything I want so need to make some choices. My idea is that since I can change the wheels I would rather speq the leather and "cheaper" aero sport wheels rather than not speq the leather and equip spyder design wheels...

Agree?
My two cents - I am very happy with the leather (red/black) and I could see the difference between it and the standard interior. I wanted to get in and it feel luxurious. I would not downgrade here. I test drove a car that was standard interior and I just felt it was ok - didn’t make me need to get the car.

I have the sport aero wheels and have envy when I see the mission e wheels.

what would I do? Probably get rid of other options that I thought were important (Like sport sound) and upgrade both the leather (so you feel great getting into the car) and the wheels (so you think it’s beautiful when you approach it.)

Mikey2069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi,

Like many of you I cannot spell the car with everything I want so need to make some choices. My idea is that since I can change the wheels I would rather speq the leather and "cheaper" aero sport wheels rather than not speq the leather and equip spyder design wheels...

Agree?
The mission e or "cheese grinder"wheels are pretty tough to pass up and the standard interior is still super nice. Wheels are my vote
Sponsored