Lectron NACS to CCS1 adapter

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
If the rest of the networks provide what’s needed at a lower price, nobody will use the SC access. So you can blame the EA’s of the world for driving business to Elon.

Side note, if it wasn’t for Elon, you would not be driving a Taycan today, or a Rivian.

Let's not make Elon Musk out to be some incredible visionary who created an entirely new vertical. He is not the original spark of inspiration behind Tesla. Space X, the tunnel company, robotics, AI, or any of the other things he dabbles in are all evolutionary progress on things already done, not the stroke of genius with an original inspirational idea.

What he should be given credit for is having the vision and insight on expanding what Tesla and the other companies could achieve, or be, and for having the vision and organizational insight on how to get people focused and organized on a particular goal. He is great at that and I have no issues with giving credit where credit is due.

I would still respect him if it was just this. But, it is not.

I managed my Firm's relationship with Tesla starting in 2015. I ordered my first Model S in 2015 after a tour of the Fremont plant. I am well aware of Tesla's impact on what I drive today. That being said, it does not excuse for Elon Musk being an megalomaniacal a$$hole of the highest magnitude.
Sponsored

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Let's not make Elon Musk out to be some incredible visionary who created an entirely new vertical. He is not the original spark of inspiration behind Tesla. Space X, the tunnel company, robotics, AI, or any of the other things he dabbles in are all evolutionary progress on things already done, not the stroke of genius with an original inspirational idea.

What he should be given credit for is having the vision and insight on expanding what Tesla and the other companies could achieve, or be, and for having the vision and organizational insight on how to get people focused and organized on a particular goal. He is great at that and I have no issues with giving credit where credit is due.

I would still respect him if it was just this. But, it is not.

I managed my Firm's relationship with Tesla starting in 2015. I ordered my first Model S in 2015 after a tour of the Fremont plant. I am well aware of Tesla's impact on what I drive today. That being said, it does not excuse for Elon Musk being an megalomaniacal a$$hole of the highest magnitude.
Sadly, sometimes it takes a megalomaniac to make progress. Elon, who didn't invent EV's, took on making them a viable and desirable product to the public, against the opinions of the rest of industry. So you either get someone like Elon who attempts what at the time was considered absolutely impossible - build a successful new car company from scratch, or you get very non-assholish polite companies explaining to you how EV model will never be viable, that you should be happy driving on dinosaur juice, because they don't want to upset the status quo, invest in ultra high risk innovation (since all "experts thought it was not possible), only to continue to make the same sales. I still stand by what I said, if it wasn't for Elon, we'd not have any mainstream EV's on the market today, nor any charging networks.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sadly, sometimes it takes a megalomaniac to make progress. Elon, who didn't invent EV's, took on making them a viable and desirable product to the public, against the opinions of the rest of industry. So you either get someone like Elon who attempts what at the time was considered absolutely impossible - build a successful new car company from scratch, or you get very non-assholish polite companies explaining to you how EV model will never be viable, that you should be happy driving on dinosaur juice, because they don't want to upset the status quo, invest in ultra high risk innovation (since all "experts thought it was not possible), only to continue to make the same sales. I still stand by what I said, if it wasn't for Elon, we'd not have any mainstream EV's on the market today, nor any charging networks.

I agree with everything you said. Nothing wrong with being a megalomaniacal a$$hole when your focus is to lead industrial change. All that can be done without Elon Musk's penchant for bigotry, racism, anti-semitism, and anti-democratic fascist tendencies..

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree with everything you said. Nothing wrong with being a megalomaniacal a$$hole when your focus is to lead industrial change. All that can be done without Elon Musk's penchant for bigotry, racism, anti-semitism, and anti-democratic fascist tendencies..
Maybe, maybe not. Without dissecting any specific non-EV related posts by Elon (as that is way outside the scope of this forum), being a megalomaniac is actually what causes him to do or say anything that would get him attention. Again, straying away from political stuff, fighting Zuck in a cage? There are EV related examples too, Plaid+ for example which was just Elon's "mine is bigger" reaction to Lucid announcement, but promptly cancelled once the news cycle lapsed. The guy will do almost anything to make the news cycle. This might be a side effect of being a successful megalomaniac. If we didn't give him money, he would not have succeeded in the stuff he did succeed, so perhaps giving him money for stuff we want is not the worst thing.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe, maybe not. Without dissecting any specific non-EV related posts by Elon (as that is way outside the scope of this forum), being a megalomaniac is actually what causes him to do or say anything that would get him attention. Again, straying away from political stuff, fighting Zuck in a cage? There are EV related examples too, Plaid+ for example which was just Elon's "mine is bigger" reaction to Lucid announcement, but promptly cancelled once the news cycle lapsed. The guy will do almost anything to make the news cycle. This might be a side effect of being a successful megalomaniac. If we didn't give him money, he would not have succeeded in the stuff he did succeed, so perhaps giving him money for stuff we want is not the worst thing.
I like my visionaries to be more a$$hole than megalomaniacal, that is all I am saying. Steve Jobs was notorious for being an a$$hole, but was no near the bottom feeding troll that Musk is. Bill Gates was laser focused on creating and expanding Microsoft. He is the exact opposite of what Musk is since he committed to giving all his money away and starting a humanitarian foundation. Jeff Bezos did what he did with Amazon, and outside of the side woman/divorce thing, the guy does not make the news cycle. Zuck for the most part stays out of the news unless he is dragged to Congress or buying an island somewhere. The Walton family? They are focused on growing Walmart and buying sports teams, not being in a news cycle.

I think we have more examples of very successful visionary type people who don't have Musk's penchant for bigotry, racism, anti-semitism, and anti-democratic fascist tendencies. So, yeah, maybe giving money to Elon Musk is a bad thing.

The guys is super polarizing - people either hate him or love him. I just happen to be on the side that refuses to financially support any of his endeavors again.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The guys is super polarizing - people either hate him or love him. I just happen to be on the side that refuses to financially support any of his endeavors again.
I neither love him or hate him. I give him credit for his accomplishments. There are some things I agree with him, and others I don't. Based on what I know, I would trust him less than most after a few products I bought from him on some faith, but I take each product of his on its own merits (and not future promises). I like Gates too, but don't agree on everything with him either. Same for Bezos or Jobs. I guess I don't fall into the category of people who idealize any one or few people and align themselves with them completely. Heck, I would not vote for Trump in the upcoming election, but if dug deep enough, I'd find some things I'd agree with him on. Same goes for Biden. Yep, I realize next year it will be one of them, so a bad outcome from my point of view either way. The last president I actually respected, even though I didn't vote for, was Obama. After that it's been an incompetent, crowd pandering clown parade on both sides of the isle. I briefly had some hopes for the Forward party, but that fizzled out.

All that said, I think we've already strayed fairly far out of the scope of this forum. So back to the regular programming. Yes, I would like access to Tesla supercharging network and would pay for using it when I need it because it's the most complete and reliable charging network in North America right now. Those who don't want to use it on principal (don't want to give Elon even a penny), are free to never use it, or if Porsche provides them with a free adapter, to throw it away or donate it, and in some parts of North America just switch back to ICE cars, or if really ambitious, try to raise some cash and then build a reliable network in their part of the country. If you are a politician, you can dispatch staff ahead of your trips to chargers along the way to make sure they work and to block working ones off for your use too (as one of current administration members did) - also a way to not give Elon any money. Welcome to the free world, we all have choices.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Guys, let's get back on track within this thread and talk about depreciation.
Sponsored