Macan EV appears to have single speed transmission, unlike Taycan

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
And there is no 22 kW AC charging option – even with the larger battery pack size. Is this Porsche's way of admitting that rate has been problematic ?
Was this a problem? I’ve been looking for CPOs specifically with this option
Sponsored

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I know my opinion doesn't and shouldn't matter to this audience, but I've got a ICE Macan (with only 300 miles on it) as a loaner from my dealership and I hate the way this car drives. It feels and drives like a truck and is best suited to soccer moms. I'd go back to a 911 before I'd buy one of these or better yet the Taycan CT.

Donar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST ‘22 - Polestar 2 Performance '20
Country flag
Totally agree... Each time my Taycan shifts to 2nd gear or downshifts (in combination of the Sport Electric Sound), I have the smile.
Agree to that. It adds a bit of emotion when driving sporty. In theory it’s really nice. But for daily use it is annoying, as it only shifts down when not breaking. So only once I lift break pedal it will shift down, which is very annoying in stop+go situation. I don’t really understand why it does not shift down already under breaking, would make it so much more convenient and sporty.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Was this a problem? I’ve been looking for CPOs specifically with this option
I went through 4 of them in my previous Taycan 4S – but the issue was solved by a software update during 2022. You shouldn't have any problems these days.

Some of my experiences at the time. I'm sure I documented a few more!

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/i-have-the-22kw-ac-charger-installed-anyways.4023/

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/stuck-abroad-with-electrical-error.9994/

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I don’t really understand why it does not shift down already under breaking, would make it so much more convenient and sporty.
I think it’s because first uses a dog clutch and they can’t speed match the engagement while maintaining negative torque for decel.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Agree to that. It adds a bit of emotion when driving sporty. In theory it’s really nice. But for daily use it is annoying, as it only shifts down when not breaking. So only once I lift break pedal it will shift down, which is very annoying in stop+go situation. I don’t really understand why it does not shift down already under breaking, would make it so much more convenient and sporty.
Surely if you leave it Sport mode it stays in 1st gear until going fast enough to need 2nd?
I rarely drive in traffic - only if I make a mistake choosing journey time, but I was under the impression that Sport and Sport + prioritise 1st gear.

Donar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST ‘22 - Polestar 2 Performance '20
Country flag
Surely if you leave it Sport mode it stays in 1st gear until going fast enough to need 2nd?
I rarely drive in traffic - only if I make a mistake choosing journey time, but I was under the impression that Sport and Sport + prioritise 1st gear.
That is correct. I'm actually trying that recently. But also that works not perfect as it stays in 1st just too long on higher speeds where I would prefer the 2nd gear (roads where you do 80-100 kmh). Anyway, still figuring out my personal preference.

SlipAngle

First Name
Kiran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2015 Subaru WRX
Country flag
I know my opinion doesn't and shouldn't matter to this audience, but I've got a ICE Macan (with only 300 miles on it) as a loaner from my dealership and I hate the way this car drives. It feels and drives like a truck and is best suited to soccer moms. I'd go back to a 911 before I'd buy one of these or better yet the Taycan CT.

Interesting to see someone else had the same experience. During one of our software updates, I too was given a brand new base Macan as a loaner and it did not give a “sports” vibe for me, either. I was very happy to give it back and pick up my car 😄.

But just as my Taycan drove way better than the Panamera, I have a feeling that the Macan EV will have better dynamics compared to the ICE version. The lower CG and instantaneous torque will make a difference in the perception of handling/speed.

I’ll find out soon as my neighbor and another friend are both ordering an EV Macan Turbo as we speak!
Sponsored