W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I'm still in shock that Porsche feel it necessary to charge for a rear wiper (yes, it's optional). I thought that was the preserve of 911s once upon a time

Shocked at the price hike too and there is nowhere to hide with the ICE version still on sale.

Perhaps there will be a GT or Turbo S variant which adds a 2nd gear to justify a likely £100K plus price (for a Macan).

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I'm still in shock that Porsche feel it necessary to charge for a rear wiper (yes, it's optional). I thought that was the preserve of 911s once upon a time
I was intrigued how the Macan electric looked and cost so I went on the configurator. One of the things I noticed was that if you wanted the noise insulated glass you couldn't have the rear wiper.
No idea why, I have both on the Taycan, but maybe there is an external layer in the Macan version that will wear????

OP
OP
bn8959

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I'm still in shock that Porsche feel it necessary to charge for a rear wiper (yes, it's optional).
I wonder whether it so negatively effects the aerodynamics that Porsche don't want it on the standard cars that are subjected to official range testing.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Folding mirrors as standard. Is that not a first on a Porsche? This is progress.

I'm rocking a (my first) rear wiper on a loaner Porsche. That thing is the noisiest wiper I've ever experienced. It sounds like an ice scraper. Must be something wrong with it.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I was intrigued how the Macan electric looked and cost so I went on the configurator.
:surprised:😮😲
"But I was only looking at that dodgy website for research purposes- I'm writing an article about why people look at stuff like that".
😉

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
:surprised:😮😲
"But I was only looking at that dodgy website for research purposes- I'm writing an article about why people look at stuff like that".
😉
It is available in a lovely dark green. 😍 pity that hadn't been available on the Taycan - mind you no green is without PTS any more.
The interior colours didn't show up when I looked, maybe too much traffic yesterday evening.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
It is available in a lovely dark green. 😍 pity that hadn't been available on the Taycan - mind you no green is without PTS any more.
The interior colours didn't show up when I looked, maybe too much traffic yesterday evening.
The interesting colours all seem two-tone – but they do have Blackberry (like ours) and an interesting green interiors.

Porsche Taycan Macan EV appears to have single speed transmission, unlike Taycan Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 09.34.01

Porsche Taycan Macan EV appears to have single speed transmission, unlike Taycan Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 09.32.51

Last edited:

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
Overall, I’m tempted when my Taycan lease is up. A few oddities but, hey, it’s Porsche after all and I think it safe to say none of us have the faintest idea what they’re thinking at any given time. The Oak Green is rather lovely I must admit but I’d take the Papaya for £2k odd less I think. Guess I’ll see what the lie of the land is in 20 months time and what the Taycan facelift brings (let alone the tax environment, of course, in our politically turbulent little island).

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Anyone know if both charge ports on the Macan can handle AC+DC or if they’ve just gone the Taycan route with DC on one side only?

I remember seeing spy shots of the test mules at IONITY and looked like they could hand DC on either port, based orientation etc

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Anyone know if both charge ports on the Macan can handle AC+DC or if they’ve just gone the Taycan route with DC on one side only?

I remember seeing spy shots of the test mules at IONITY and looked like they could hand DC on either port, based orientation etc
It does not look like it when you see this model that Dr Robert Meier discussed. The cables on the right side look to thin for 270 kW?
Porsche Taycan Macan EV appears to have single speed transmission, unlike Taycan IMG_1930

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
It does not look like it when you see this model that Dr Robert Meier discussed. The cables on the right side look to thin for 270 kW?
IMG_1930.png
In that case they’ll probably “hand” it to suit RHD and LHD vehicles, like they do with the Taycan.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
I thought it interesting that the Macan EV's headline charging rate is 270 kW. I thought Porsche marketing might have gone for a higher >300 kW.

The splitting of the 800V battery into two 400V ones is smart (and something that was signalled for a long time) but it limits charging to 135 kW – lower than Taycan if you have the 150 kW DC option. I was expecting that this battery splitting would have enabled charging at up to 270 kW if the 400V charger supported it.

So charging at 400V Tesla stations is capped out at 135 kW. It does mean that there is no DC booster in the Macan – and I've had my share of troubles with that component recently!

And there is no 22 kW AC charging option – even with the larger battery pack size. Is this Porsche's way of admitting that rate has been problematic ? Or is it a symptom of the shared platform (with Audi) and the new all-in-one "Integrated Power Box (IPB)" under the rear seat just hasn't gotten around to supporting it yet?

For a brand new platform the charging aspects of Macan are in some ways not the leap forward I was expecting.
Smart remark! -when marketing meets facts…

Last edited:

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
In that case they’ll probably “hand” it to suit RHD and LHD vehicles, like they do with the Taycan.
I can’t find the article now, but I’ve read DC is only on one side and which side depends on locale. The PCA article I linked earlier talks about DC only on the left side, but this likely referring to US cars and that’s the same side as the Taycan.
Sponsored