Malacca Highway arriving at Sheerness around now

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
It looks like City of Rotterdam is currently at Emden and will be arriving at Grimsby tomorrow for anyone waiting on a Taycan in that dock
My understanding is that Grimsby is only used for those dealers in the north of the country?
Sponsored

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Yes got an update this morning. All cars would have been scanned yesterday.
I’ve emailed my dealer asking what the system is showing, not holding out too much hope...

psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Audi RS4, Defender 90
Country flag
Also waiting for my Taycan which was on the production line in March when it shutdown and but it's now finished. I got an email welcoming me to Porsche Connect last night so I'm hoping that means the car is in transit rather than a car park. Have you received the welcome email or not?

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Also waiting for my Taycan which was on the production line in March when it shutdown and but it's now finished. I got an email welcoming me to Porsche Connect last night so I'm hoping that means the car is in transit rather than a car park. Have you received the welcome email or not?
No email for me :-(

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I got my welcome e mail 2 weeks ago, but that doesn’t seem to signify anything about impending delivery. Dealer update this morning is that my car is still in port, so seems like most us have missed the boat.

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
The Malacca Highway is docked at Emden, assumption is she is having her cargo loaded. ETA at Sheerness 19 June 21:00. Hopefully with plenty of Taycan's on board !!

The Malacca Highway can be view/tracked here: https://www.myshiptracking.com/?mmsi=355351000

The process from unloading to customer handover at the dealership takes around 3 weeks.

I shall call my dealership tomorrow to ascertain if my Turbo is onboard.....
Spoke with my dealership this morning........ My Turbo did not make it on board :crying:

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got the same email last night too...

paddypony

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i8
Country flag
Just spoke to dealer and mines not on it and they have no idea when it will get to the port, let alone the ship name! Its still sat on the old graveyard airstip at Ahlhorn with thousands of other cars that wait there between the factory and the port. Not ideal but I bet thats where most of the un delivered Taycans are parked up, that people are chasing on here

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
Just spoke to dealer and mines not on it and they have no idea when it will get to the port, let alone the ship name! Its still sat on the old graveyard airstip at Ahlhorn with thousands of other cars that wait there between the factory and the port. Not ideal but I bet thats where most of the un delivered Taycans are parked up, that people are chasing on here
Pretty sure mine is also there. Will ask the dealer next Thursday when I take my part ex in

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
City of Rotterdam is enroute to Grimsby again arriving tomorrow morning.

Fingers crossed for some more Taycans!

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just got word mine is still at Ahlhorn. No idea when it will be even at Emden...

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Apparently two ships into Sheerness next week according to my dealer. Don’t think it’s actually two ships - rather the same one that will be there probably on Wednesday and again Sunday.

psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Audi RS4, Defender 90
Country flag
Don't worry folks. VW will want to move the higher value/margin cars so we'll get our Taycan's soon enough. The ships are sailing so won't be long now.

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Now on its way back to Emden. Quick turnaround and due there at 9am tomorrow. Based on that it should manage two trips next week depending on how long it docks in Emden.
Sponsored