First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5
Country flag
Hope everyone is enjoying their cars, else surviving their agonising wait :CWL:

Slightly dull question, as I don't really want to worry about resale (but I am!)

Ive read mixed things re Mamba Green potentially negatively impacting resale.

wondering what your thoughts are as Porsche lovers ? I love a bit of colour.... if the Taycan came in Miami blue id sell a kidney for it ...... but is Mamba really as marmite as I read..... (incidentally, I love it, but haven't locked yet an a touch concerned about what Im reading about resale, and worried Ive developed bad taste over the years !!). Thanks for your thoughts :like:
Sponsored

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Personally, I think resale is a bit overrated. I dont imagine a scenario where there are a line of available used cars in a row with every color and spec for anyone to choose from. When your car becomes available for resale, like most Porsches, it will be a part of a small pool of available vehicles. The overall spec may be a differentiator but the color alone will not likely be a big negative. Mamba isn’t for me but for someone that wants a Taycan, they would likely accept Mamba to get the vehicle….assuming it wasnt their first choice. There will likely also be a small population that would sell an organ to get that color too…..so there is that to consider as well.

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
I’ve been having similar thoughts about Mamba, I’ve specified Carmine and then thought about getting PTS Olive Green, currently desiring Mamba!

Carmine is going to be very common for the GTS so you could argue that would make it more difficult to sell due to the number available.

im85288a

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
Echoing what was mentioned in one of the above posts thinking about resale on a car costing > 100k to me is the wrong mindset. These are luxury cars that many people dream of owning so why consider the next owner when making a decision as vital as the colour of the car.

If resale is really so vital then it’s obvious the safe choices of black/white/grey are what 99% of the cars on the road are coloured.

As for the Taycan there’s been lots of posts/polls on the forum such as this one: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/what-colour-did-you-go-for.678/ where for sure mamba is up there with the most popular colour choices.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Echoing what was mentioned in one of the above posts thinking about resale on a car costing > 100k to me is the wrong mindset. These are luxury cars that many people dream of owning so why consider the next owner when making a decision as vital as the colour of the car.

If resale is really so vital then it’s obvious the safe choices of black/white/grey are what 99% of the cars on the road are coloured.

As for the Taycan there’s been lots of posts/polls on the forum such as this one: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/what-colour-did-you-go-for.678/ where for sure mamba is up there with the most popular colour choices.
Agree 100%. If you are making a purchase and already thinking about resale, that's baking a compromise into your decision making process. If you are buying for yourself, then you are compromising with a stranger. That's sad and you'll end up regretting it.

NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
As a Mamba Green owner, I am clearly a bit biased. With that said, I am constantly getting compliments on the Mamba Green color. I was told the same story about resale with my Lava Orange Cayenne Turbo Coupe and that car sold in one day. Hmm……

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I love the thought of skittles-colored Porsches, of any/every vintage. I would not buy one myself - it's just a personality trait, and nothing wrong either way. As the others have said, if you want it - go for it, and don't live with the everyday thought of "wanted a Mamba but bought a white one for Bob to give me $100(0) more". It could be that Bob is willing to pay more for a Mamba..

Having said that, in the sea of Porsches I see on a daily basis around here, there are very few wearing bright colors, and they do STAND OUT. (This is where that trait comes in - do you like it or loathe it..)

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
If I were buying a used Taycan, I think Mamba Green would be right up there, as a sought after colour I wanted (my car is Ice Grey btw).

I think things have changed somewhat, as electric cars are becoming more 'daring' (Honda E / Ioniq 5 etc) as manufacturers become more radical in their design than with ICE.

So funky colours will just go with that territory imo (although Tesla don't seem to think so).

Its why I also think more of the traditional 'must haves' are not as relevant on a taycan than an ICE Porsche (eg sport chrono clock) when the cockpit is so futuristic and minimal.

Next owners may well be younger and have never owned a Porsche.......
Tech savvy and prefer something that's not boring.

Just my 2p (was 3c....now 2c) 😄

Last edited:

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
I’ve been having similar thoughts about Mamba, I’ve specified Carmine and then thought about getting PTS Olive Green, currently desiring Mamba!

Carmine is going to be very common for the GTS so you could argue that would make it more difficult to sell due to the number available.
As I saw this car advert yesterday and you’ve now mentioned the colour ugly I’d post it up so you can see it (if you haven’t already seen the colour on a car)

PTS Olive Green

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hope everyone is enjoying their cars, else surviving their agonising wait :CWL:

Slightly dull question, as I don't really want to worry about resale (but I am!)

Ive read mixed things re Mamba Green potentially negatively impacting resale.

wondering what your thoughts are as Porsche lovers ? I love a bit of colour.... if the Taycan came in Miami blue id sell a kidney for it ...... but is Mamba really as marmite as I read..... (incidentally, I love it, but haven't locked yet an a touch concerned about what Im reading about resale, and worried Ive developed bad taste over the years !!). Thanks for your thoughts :like:
It's a tricky one for sure.

Ask your dealer how many Taycans in each colour have been sold in UK since 2020 - they should be able to access this data - and this would at least give you a clear indication of where UK tastes are at.

I can imagine that Frozen Blue, Frozen Berry, Mahogany, Mamba, Cherry Metallic and Coffee Beige are in the minority camp. Within this grouping you might find Mamba is more popular.

Someone would absolutely buy the car and the price differential in colour may be hard to discern as no two cars will be priced the same 2nd hand.

My guess is that Mamba would sell for slightly less (not by £'000s).

Personally, I'm a fan of the colour when viewed in the showroom, less so on the road, and not a colour I could live with on a daily basis or therefore own.

Similar greens can be found on Skodas, Audis and Vauxhalls but thankfully only a handful.

Selling in the short term would probably be less of a pricing issue than say in 4 years time when this particular fashion has moved on.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
For me, looking at used Taycans whilst wondering if mine will ever come, there have been almost none for sale that I would buy. It is a small market but almost every one has been monochrome and of no interest to me.

The only one I seriously considered was Mamba/Truffle, but it lacked options I wanted.

Since I, personally, like Mamba a lot I imagine there are others who are looking for something rarely seen in the used car market just like I was and have to wait a while for Mamba to crop up.

The other colour I looked at was cherry, but only one has come up iirc and Frozen Berry and only one of those has shown up so far recently and at the most ridiculous asking price I have yet seen :)

In any case I, rudely perhaps, rather think if a high resale value is a key purchasing factor you can't really afford the car ;)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
As I saw this car advert yesterday and you’ve now mentioned the colour ugly I’d post it up so you can see it (if you haven’t already seen the colour on a car)

PTS Olive Green
Wow thats gorgeous. Not keen on the carbon trim but otherwise definitely a car I'd buy used!

Were this to be the green on the options list rather than Mamba I would have chosen it instead.
I chose Mamba because green is my favourite colour and it was the only green without going PTS.

I also like the PTS Forest Green but not enough to pay that much extra when Mamba is available.

Foxy

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag
For me, looking at used Taycans whilst wondering if mine will ever come, there have been almost none for sale that I would buy. It is a small market but almost every one has been monochrome and of no interest to me.

The only one I seriously considered was Mamba/Truffle, but it lacked options I wanted.

Since I, personally, like Mamba a lot I imagine there are others who are looking for something rarely seen in the used car market just like I was and have to wait a while for Mamba to crop up.

The other colour I looked at was cherry, but only one has come up iirc and Frozen Berry and only one of those has shown up so far recently and at the most ridiculous asking price I have yet seen :)

In any case I, rudely perhaps, rather think if a high resale value is a key purchasing factor you can't really afford the car ;)
We are in the same boat I think, I’m utterly frustrated with my wait for my 4S and have been looking at used cars, I thought I’d got a highly speced ice grey car via a broker but the seller pulled out. The dealer cars are crazy prices though, when I look at the trade values the mark up can be anywhere from 15-30k depending on the dealer and the car. I’m not prepared to have my pants pulled down that far, so will either wait or cancel. There’s a lot of new M5comps at good discounts that are tempting me, available immediately.

OP
OP

Keith

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5
Country flag
Agree 100%. If you are making a purchase and already thinking about resale, that's baking a compromise into your decision making process. If you are buying for yourself, then you are compromising with a stranger. That's sad and you'll end up regretting it.

tragically..... I can't help over think everything !! its one of the reasons I can afford it ( as im in an industry where overthinking has played out well for me... but its also a reason why Im in danger of over thinking an d ruining my own fun!!!! otherwise utterly agree with what you're saying lol ! always like reading your replies BTW!
Sponsored