Taycan colour -- metallic black or Mamba Green

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
This car screams: "Badass MF'r behind the wheel." Mamba green screams: "Crazy MF'r behind the wheel."
"What's worse, lookin' jealous or crazy?
Jealous and crazy?"

I'll take crazy any day!

Taycan2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Vogue SE & Mercedes S-Class
Country flag
I have had stand out cars before (a triple black F430 Spyder back in the day) and I personally hated it. So I would find it very embarrassing to drive the mamba green car (primarily because of the attention I am sure it gets), but I don’t think it looks bad at all. It looks better on the saloon to me though, just a bit too much on the larger bodied ST and CT!

It does show the car well and really makes it stand out from the norm - and actually look special. But it is definitely a bit of a ‘look at me’ choice. So depends how you feel about that. Black looks great, but only if you have good wheels - ideally Mission E. My neighbour has a black Taycan with the 20” turbo wheels and honestly it is a bit plain, it blends in with all the other cars when parked on his driveway, which I think is a shame for such a beautiful design. (Seeing his/her car was the reason for me changing my order which originally was that spec!).

Overall my choice would be black with Mission E or the RS Spyder wheels, should still look special, but won’t get too much attention.

Reactions: R_K

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I have had stand out cars before (a triple black F430 Spyder back in the day) and I personally hated it. So I would find it very embarrassing to drive the mamba green car (primarily because of the attention I am sure it gets), but I don’t think it looks bad at all. It looks better on the saloon to me though, just a bit too much on the larger bodied ST and CT!

It does show the car well and really makes it stand out from the norm - and actually look special. But it is definitely a bit of a ‘look at me’ choice.
If we were considering a less exotic car such as a Corsa, would you be more embarrassed to drive a green one than a black one? Black can easily be "look at me" with appropriate external trim choices (and tints).
I hope people choose a colour that makes them happy every time they look at it, be that black, white or whatever, rather than try and second guess what the rest of the world thinks about you for choosing it. The elephant in the room here is the Porsche badge- people are more likely to view that negatively (e.g. they might assume excessive consumerism, flashiness, pretentiousness...add one's own paranoias/guilt to the list 😁 ) than the car's colours.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
"What's worse, lookin' jealous or crazy?
Jealous and crazy?"

I'll take crazy any day!
In fairness, I have no room to talk. I drive a black Taycan and felt compelled to conduct a velocity study with a friend and his 911 last week. I am 100% convinced that the minivans we passed on the interstate (as if they were standing still) concluded that both Porsches, regardless of color, had crazy MF'rs behind the wheel.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I drive a black Taycan and felt compelled to conduct a velocity study with a friend and his 911 last week.
What were the results of the study?

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
What were the results of the study?
As expected, the 911 Cabrio was a little quicker off the line than my RWD, but in the midrange (60-100, can't recall if my speedo was set to km/h or mph :angel:) I was able to get a nice view of the 911 in my rear view mirror. For sure the 911 is the faster car, but he was expecting to pull away quickly and when he couldn't do so without redlining the thing, he eased up on the rpms which allowed me to easily sail by him. The best part of the informal study (which was actually a chance meeting on the road) was that my pal said he was not originally intending to challenge the mighty Taycan; rather he just wanted to impress me with the "awesome" sound of his boxer engine. Sadly, I had to advise that due to the Taycan's sound insulated glass and air ionization system I was neither able to hear nor smell his awesome engine!