ODC

First Name
Olivier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
I would appreciate some advice. It’s a brand new car that went straight away for a full Xpel PFF and exterior/interior Gyeon treatment.
After delivery I have notice a mark on the front seat (in the 2 attached pictures it’s the same mark). I can confirm that i’m OCD on such things because i want to be everything perfect (not only on cars) but is this normal and acceptable on a brand new car or should I ask for it to be addressed? I did point it out to the dealer who said it was normal in real leather, but I have not had this problem on any other car i ever owend apart from the loose and saggy seats on my M2 Competion.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Porsche Taycan Mark on driver seat (brand new Taycan) IMG_0270
Porsche Taycan Mark on driver seat (brand new Taycan) IMG_0271

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It's unfortunately how some of the leather seats turn out, and in your case I suspect it's just how the leather was tucked under the bolster. I think they've done a terrible job with the design on the 992 and Taycan leather. Mine is already stretched out in the seat at 10K miles, but Porsche denies any warranty work is necessary. I honestly think its just a poor design.

Giulio

First Name
GIULIO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACAN S, TAYCAN RWD
Country flag
I'm sorry about your seat and since we're talking about leather I want to share what happened to me recently. I took the car to be washed and upon collection I found the surprise as in the photo...obviously they didn't take responsibility saying that it was already like this...help...is it repairable?
Porsche Taycan Mark on driver seat (brand new Taycan) IMG-20240212-WA0006

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
...help...is it repairable?
Try some leather conditioner first. My dog scratched my center console climbing over it and I was able to get them completely removed.

Best wishes for success.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I'm sorry about your seat and since we're talking about leather I want to share what happened to me recently. I took the car to be washed and upon collection I found the surprise as in the photo...obviously they didn't take responsibility saying that it was already like this...help...is it repairable?
IMG-20240212-WA0006.jpeg
I actually had a similar problem and swore it was the dealer that did this. But then I realized that when I get into the car, my right pants pocket sometimes will rub against exactly this part of the steering wheel, and that's where my keys usually are. Even through the pants material, I guess it can cause scuffs like this. When your whole body weight is falling into the seat I suppose it's not that surprising.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
I think that crease is normal and to be expected. I have it on both front seats. I’m a recovering OCD person. You’ll be ok…

deanbush

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
It's unfortunately how some of the leather seats turn out, and in your case I suspect it's just how the leather was tucked under the bolster. I think they've done a terrible job with the design on the 992 and Taycan leather. Mine is already stretched out in the seat at 10K miles, but Porsche denies any warranty work is necessary. I honestly think its just a poor design.
I wouldn't give this another thought. Enjoy the driving experience!
Sponsored