W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I am actually quite happy with the regular LED and PDLS Plus on my MY2020 4S. What would be the advantages of the matrix lights?
The matrix arrangement is a completely different headlight made up of 84 individual LEDs -42 per headlight in addition to the central led. Each led in the matrix is automatically controlled by camera to the point where some can be directed to light up a road sign or highlight an object (in conjunction with Night View Assist). Corner lights are also provided this way. There are more features depending on other assistance options added

The big missing on either type of headlight are the washers but presumably the rationale is that they're not actually needed these days with any led based system.
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
The matrix arrangement is a completely different headlight made up of 84 individual LEDs -42 per headlight in addition to the central led. Each led in the matrix is automatically controlled by camera to the point where some can be directed to light up a road sign or highlight an object (in conjunction with Night View Assist). Corner lights are also provided this way. There are more features depending on other assistance options added

The big missing on either type of headlight are the washers but presumably the rationale is that they're not actually needed these days with any led based system.
Thanks for explaining.

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
Couldn't configure online but they can in dealership
I have car on the way and ordered Exclusive Matrix lights in black and just been on configurator and seems its been removed anyone aware of this as not sure if my car will now not have it
Couldn't configure online but they can in dealership? Might be worthwhile going into the garage

pauloamore

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan C4SCT
Country flag
Couldn't configure online but they can in dealership
Couldn't configure online but they can in dealership? Might be worthwhile going into the garage
yes. They can. My spec locks imminently and I put in the matrix LEDs Yesterday. To be fair, the dealer doesn’t know if it will stick.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
yes. They can. My spec locks imminently and I put in the matrix LEDs Yesterday. To be fair, the dealer doesn’t know if it will stick.
I hope for you they will. What model did you order? This might make a difference.

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
That's good. Defo didn't work for me Wednesday morning online but the dealer could on their system an hour later. That was on a 4S

WoKe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC40 P8 & Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Will trigger a config error and build will be on hold until resolved. That’s what my dealer told me anyway.

temoor

First Name
Porsche4S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I am on a hold too for my matrix lights. Had a word with the dealer and he said can be months before they make them available again.

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
Ordered my 4S today. Cannot get matrix lights but only the standard with PDLS + . If I wait for the matrix lights, no idea of when that would be

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
Ordered my 4S today. Cannot get matrix lights but only the standard with PDLS + . If I wait for the matrix lights, no idea of when that would be
What is your estimated delivery date? My SA said Q3 today but it’s a bit vague…

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
What is your estimated delivery date? My SA said Q3 today but it’s a bit vague…
Thinking Q2 however they say they've pushed me up the queue due to the number of problems with my current car.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
Thinking Q2 however they say they've pushed me up the queue due to the number of problems with my current car.
Thanks - Q2 does sound quite reasonable! When I started the discussion with my local SA back in early Dec, he did claim Q2 was achievable, so I guess around summertime would be ideal.

Does anyone know if MY23 will bring anything substantial in terms of reliability / equipment / battery tech? If so I’d rather wait for a Sept delivery!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks - Q2 does sound quite reasonable! When I started the discussion with my local SA back in early Dec, he did claim Q2 was achievable, so I guess around summertime would be ideal.

Does anyone know if MY23 will bring anything substantial in terms of reliability / equipment / battery tech? If so I’d rather wait for a Sept delivery!
No one knows for sure - don't expect much change in kit other than a few tweaks here and there. Details won't be published for months yet.
Sponsored