Warning lights and sensor position

Abdul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan 4S...previously Ice Grey RWD
Country flag
Hi all

These warnings have come up a few times last few days due to the bad weather and muck/grit on the roads.

Where is the sensor/camera for this? Is it behind thd rear view mirror or below front bumper?
Thanks

Porsche Taycan Warning lights and sensor position 20221212_174150

Porsche Taycan Warning lights and sensor position 20221212_174137

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
It's likely below the front bumper (see yellow arrow). Keep both clean just in case.
Porsche Taycan Warning lights and sensor position 1670887163421

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi all

These warnings have come up a few times last few days due to the bad weather and muck/grit on the roads.

Where is the sensor/camera for this? Is it behind thd rear view mirror or below front bumper?
Thanks

20221212_174150.jpg

20221212_174137.jpg
It's the camera in front of the mirror and the front bumper sensors

If you have ACC optioned then the front radar dome (as per photo) at the front may also contribute.

You'll get these warnings during ice weather or dirty / damp sensors and camera.

Normal behaviour and generally self clears

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I had some dirt on the rear reverse camera but no matter how much i cleaned the car it was still there!

Eventually a heavy duty pressure wash with detailing brushes sorted it out…

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
The Taycan uses the zFAS controller (originally from Audi) to perform sensor fusion and build up a picture of the situation around the car. The more sensor hardware you have spec'd on the car the more raw data the controller has to build up an accurate and realistic picture.

Therefore there isn't any one hardware sensor that could be causing the issue – though its most likely to be the ACC radar unit or the infrared camera if driving at night (and optioned).

There is a surprising number of CPU's from a range of manufacturers on the board – combining both ARM and MIPS architectures!

https://electronics360.globalspec.com/article/14386/teardown-delphi-audi-zfas-controller

V10tdi

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS 991.2,discovery sport, defender 90 300tdi
Country flag
I had exactly the same last two days, it’s was the sensor on the windscreen at the mirror it was fogged up on the inside of the glass it cleared up after a few minutes as the car warmed up

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I've had many of these warnings come on in my 6-week-old Taycan regarding an "X" sensor "fault" etc, even though the car was very clean (brand new). After reading this forum and the frequent glithes most people have, all these faults just reassure me the car is working "normally". :D

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Had this on my car yesterday and a dipped beam control fault. Both went away when the car warmed up.
Sponsored