First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, BMW iX50, Audi
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! IMG_0020

A belated hello and thanks to all for the interesting and helpful things I have learned here. My Crayon 4S CT arrived on schedule more or less at the end of September. Apparently I got the first CT in my prefecture - and possibly the first in Japan.

A few things were impacted by the current supply chain/ semi-conductor challenges: Only one key was provided, with no ETA on the 2nd key, and the ... steering wheel adjustment device (height/length/angle) which is supposed to be an electric powered adjustor will be installed "later" when the parts become available. For now, its the manual lever style adjustor.

The dealer also mentioned that Taycan's scheduled for delivery in November and December were now only slated for manufacture in those months.
Sponsored

ericj320

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Has your delivery date changed (assume so)? Just curious! Thx
Yes, on the 12th the build start date delayed 1 week to 10/22, that pushed the delivery 1 week as well to 12/17 currently.

Tandrup

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Taycan, ‘18 Panamera 4, ‘17 Range Rover
Country flag
New member intro. My name is Lars and I live in Park City, UT and Sonoma County, CA - depending on the weather and how good the skiing is in PC :)

I've had multiple EV's and am probably an early adopter having had a 2013 Fiat 500e, 3xBMW i3 + 2014 Tesla Model S. Sold or traded all of those and just ordered a MY22 Taycan in Dolomite Silver in early October. Vehicle is now on it's way to Emden and I hope to take deliver in January 2022 at Porsche in Salt Lake City. Can't wait!

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
New member intro. My name is Lars and I live in Park City, UT and Sonoma County, CA - depending on the weather and how good the skiing is in PC :)

I've had multiple EV's and am probably an early adopter having had a 2013 Fiat 500e, 3xBMW i3 + 2014 Tesla Model S. Sold or traded all of those and just ordered a MY22 Taycan in Dolomite Silver in early October. Vehicle is now on it's way to Emden and I hope to take deliver in January 2022 at Porsche in Salt Lake City. Can't wait!
Lars,
Welcome and congratulations. I am in the same states and some cities as you. Hope to see you out driving the UT mountain passes soon.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag

Welcome and congratulations. You will love your car.

Tandrup

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Taycan, ‘18 Panamera 4, ‘17 Range Rover
Country flag
Lars,
Welcome and congratulations. I am in the same states and some cities as you. Hope to see you out driving the UT mountain passes soon.
Hey Rick - thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to receiving the car - did you get yours from Porsche in SLC? I'll see you out there...

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Hi everyone, my name is Will. Decided to drop by the Porsche dealer a few weeks ago, test drove a 4S and now thinking about replacing my soon-to-be-Wife's car (Mazda3) with a Taycan.

It would be our split DD (her primary car) since we carpool commute to SF/the Ferry to SF.
I'd want a pretty tech/lux loaded car vs. performance options, given the DD role. Trying to figure out if an RWD is enough power - I've already got a pretty quick weekend car that I'm keeping, but at the same time wondering if I'll regret not getting a 4S. That said, the jump from ~$115k to over $130k to do so isn't insignificant. I've built out the below RWD spec...

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsche-code/default.aspx?c=/PNDBAQJ4

For fun, here's the cars it would be joining:
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! w3Py7Im
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! c7Oaslr

Last edited:

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi, Gary here,
Ordered my Taycan 4S about a month ago and finally posted my last configuration update a couple of days ago. Delivery is scheduled 04/01/2022. It is going to be a long wait, not that I'm counting mind you ;-) http://www.porsche-code.com/ PN52ABA6 I'm in Arizona and don't really care for the Glass Roof. Other than that don't think I left much out.

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! 1636318711586

Last edited:

GreenGreyGold

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi
Country flag
Hello! I’m a new member in the UK. My Taycan is being manufactured March, delivered April I hope. It’s a Turbo saloon in custom paint (black olive 2A7) fully loaded. I’ve driven 2 Turbos and a 4S CT and I think they are all brilliant cars. Thanks for all your posts, I’ve enjoyed reading them.

oxum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hi everyone, I have been lurking around here for the most part of this year :) The forums and the community here have been super useful at every step of the process for me when looking for answers. Specifically ordered a MY22 4S Cross Turismo back in July as we had a feeling the Android auto update would not trickle back to earlier models. We thought it would mean a much later delivery but we got it delivered to us this week, no delays. First EV, wife and I are loving it. One more to the cherry red team!

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! IMG_20211110_165108
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! IMG_20211110_165156

Indeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello from New England (USA),

I’ve just ordered my Taycan 4S in dolomite silver (still considering Carrara white metallic). I’m switching over from my Audi Q7 to a vehicle to treat my mid-life crisis!
Just locked in my build date for February with April delivery. Went to two dealers and scored $5000 below MSRP. Looking forward to participating in the forums!
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! E0379133-2FB4-4F5B-8676-808A14C85A18

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello from New England (USA),

I’ve just ordered my Taycan 4S in dolomite silver (still considering Carrara white metallic). I’m switching over from my Audi Q7 to a vehicle to treat my mid-life crisis!
Just locked in my build date for February with April delivery. Went to two dealers and scored $5000 below MSRP. Looking forward to participating in the forums!
E0379133-2FB4-4F5B-8676-808A14C85A18.jpeg
Can you explain more about the $5,000 below MSRP? First I've heard of that type of discount.

Personal experience is that this is the best car I've ever owned, and if your experience is like mine you'll be very happy.

I love the high tech; I can tolerate the occasional SW glitches, and overall think the 2021 PCM SW is solid; I haven't had any major issues; I am successful at charging at first try at an EA station about 80% of the time, and it is getting better; I get complements on the car all the time, and even was approached by a cop directing traffic at an intersection one time to ask about the color; I look for any excuse to drive it :)

Last thought - consider lease vs. buy. I plan to keep the car only 3 years so I can upgrade to the latest tech at that time. Over the 3 year period it is essentially break-even lease vs. buy.

Reactions: B61

ericj320

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Last thought - consider lease vs. buy. I plan to keep the car only 3 years so I can upgrade to the latest tech at that time. Over the 3 year period it is essentially break-even lease vs. buy.
I’d be curious to know by what measuring stick you are using to make this statement. Given PFS lousy lease terms you’d have to get equally horrible loan terms to say the lease vs loan is break-even.

There are plenty of reasons to consider a lease, tax benefits for someone who is self employed, ability to walk away at the end of the lease term in the event the vehicle is damaged, sure, but strictly financial reasons is not one of them. And their terms don’t even make for noticeably lower payments. With current loan rates, using all the same numbers at sale, you’d have roughly 8-10% of purchase price more trade equity at 36 months than you would have in value above residual.

I’ve never owned a Porsche for longer than 3 years, and I’ve never leased one either. I take good care of them, and I use favorable loan terms. So I’m not sure why you feel like a lease is what will allow you to trade up in 3 years. I would just say it forces you to trade up in 3 years, but it certainly doesn’t guarantee you the best deal at trade.
Sponsored