Members Say Hello Here!

zer0t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve made a couple posts on the forum but first here. Picking up a 4s for my wife tomorrow in cherry and can’t wait. Trading in her Tesla Model S for the Taycan.

I’ll keep it simple, there’s nothing to compare, at all, not even close, nuff said. The ride, build, esthetics are just another level—there I said too much.
Sponsored

Last edited:

schredder13

First Name
Florian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes Benz G, Taycan 4 Cross Turismo in week 41
Country flag
reading through the forum since couple of weeks, and overwhelmed by the great knowledge base, I would like to say hello from Switzerland ?? as finally I ordered my 4 CT…

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
Hey all, new to the forum & it’s been great reading through it all. I’ve enjoyed my dream car a 2009 911 Turbo for a while now. However, the kids are getting bigger and back seats combined with almost no storage is becoming a problem. Not to mention the pricey after market insurance. So instead of re-up on the insurance we are most likely trading in and getting a loaded Taycan 4s.

I’d really like to get the Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass but not if it’s going to kill cell signal. Up in the air on that one. It seems like the consensus here was its a good add and for most did not impact signal. Little concerned by the recall but hopefully the update fixes the issue. I know it’s not a Taycan but figured I’d share a pic of the 911 Turbo I’ve been enjoying for many years now.
2F028910-3541-45A7-AE10-9D5A65DD6EA3.jpeg
Welcome aboard Pete.

Have you taken the Taycan out for a good test drive yet? I was just curious to see how they compare.

PorschePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Audi Q7
Country flag
Welcome aboard Pete.

Have you taken the Taycan out for a good test drive yet? I was just curious to see how they compare.
Thanks! Yes, I took out the base Taycan first and going from my Turbo to that was a no go. Primarily due to the lack of power I could feel during what would be the mid rpms in the Turbo. There just was not enough there for me. It also felt a little floaty. So right after they pulled out a 4s nicely upgraded and I took it out. I did feel a big broad range power and drive feel difference here and left with a smile on my face. I am not trying to indicate that the Taycan 4s can do some of the crazy things the Turbo could do around corners. However, it was was like having my cake and eating it too. The 0-60 time is almost exactly the same and now I have a launch control option and a huge tech upgrade. My kids are getting too big to fit in my Turbo and I think it was time to transition to a 4 door for the family. This allows me to do that while still having a car that drives like a Porsche and is a blast. Of course I will miss my Turbo it was my dream car as a kid but I had some good years with it and enjoyed it to no end. Now on to a new adventure and a new beast!

Last edited:

schredder13

First Name
Florian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s funny, how do I get “my” Swiss flag ?? instead of the German one showing with my profile? I just cannot find the spot to edit this…

cheers

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Try change location….just Switzerland?

schredder13

First Name
Florian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Try change location….just Switzerland?
Gave it a try, it remains the German one. funny ? nothing bad nor to make a fuss about…

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Gave it a try, it remains the German one. funny ? nothing bad nor to make a fuss about…
I live in the U.S. but my flag changed to Uruguay while I was on vacation there. Perhaps the website software changes the flag based upon the location of your internet service provider or VPN service.

Adamperri.realtor

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey everyone!! Adam from Toronto Canada here. Ever since the “Mission E” concept was released in 2015, it’s been a goal of mine to purchase one of these cars. At the time I was only 21Yrs old in university and I didn’t know how I would make it happen, but I knew one day I’d turn my dream into reality. Fast forward 6yrs and I just took delivery of my white 2021 Taycan 4S last week! What a surreal moment. Couldn’t be happier with my purchase so far. Im a full time real estate professional and my car is basically my office, so I’m sure that I’ll have some interesting stories to share on my journeys with an EV. Looking forward to connecting with you all.

This is my first ever Porsche. I’ve been driving Mercedes for the past few years and had nothing but problems with my cars, service & dealerships that I dealt with. The experience has been night and day so far. If anyone here is from the GTA, I highly recommend reaching out to Jimmy Lin at Porsche Centre Markham!

Heres a couple pics from when I picked up the car last week!
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! 567D8761-0E7D-4055-99A9-F2F6140C06C0
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! ADCCD434-2F9C-420A-89B9-BFF534A9CA88

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
Hey everyone!! Adam from Toronto Canada here. Ever since the “Mission E” concept was released in 2015, it’s been a goal of mine to purchase one of these cars. At the time I was only 21Yrs old in university and I didn’t know how I would make it happen, but I knew one day I’d turn my dream into reality. Fast forward 6yrs and I just took delivery of my white 2021 Taycan 4S last week! What a surreal moment. Couldn’t be happier with my purchase so far. Im a full time real estate professional and my car is basically my office, so I’m sure that I’ll have some interesting stories to share on my journeys with an EV. Looking forward to connecting with you all.

This is my first ever Porsche. I’ve been driving Mercedes for the past few years and had nothing but problems with my cars, service & dealerships that I dealt with. The experience has been night and day so far. If anyone here is from the GTA, I highly recommend reaching out to Jimmy Lin at Porsche Centre Markham!

567D8761-0E7D-4055-99A9-F2F6140C06C0.jpeg
ADCCD434-2F9C-420A-89B9-BFF534A9CA88.jpeg
That looks just like my one did, the day I picked it up.

I didn't get any balloons though ?

CxM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This forum is great!, really appreciate all the info.

Been lurking the forum, finally picked up a '20 4S demo. Waited a month+ for update and new parts from Germany. Has performance and premium package, bigger battery and a few other options.

First mod... new wheels and summer tires incoming. Looking forward to upcoming summer road trips.

From the Pacific Rim rainforest in Tofino:
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! 1627591168079

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag

567D8761-0E7D-4055-99A9-F2F6140C06C0.jpeg
ADCCD434-2F9C-420A-89B9-BFF534A9CA88.jpeg
Welcome! I am also in the GTA area and also in real estate (on the lending side). My car is also Carrera White.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
This forum is great!, really appreciate all the info.

Been lurking the forum, finally picked up a '20 4S demo. Waited a month+ for update and new parts from Germany. Has performance and premium package, bigger battery and a few other options.

First mod... new wheels and summer tires incoming. Looking forward to upcoming summer road trips.

From the Pacific Rim rainforest in Tofino:
1627591168079.png
Nice!! I took my parents on a trip to Tofino a couple of years. One the most beautiful places I have visited. Would have loved to have had my Taycan for the drive, some twisty hairpins as you get close to the coast.

CxM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nice!! I took my parents on a trip to Tofino a couple of years. One the most beautiful places I have visited. Would have loved to have had my Taycan for the drive, some twisty hairpins as you get close to the coast.
It was a great trip with the Taycan! Some nice twisty roads, was fun. On the way back, was bit more traffic, so a bit less fun. Taycan did great, got to Tofino to Vancouver with 40% left.