vaelin

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 RS, G550, EQS580+
Country flag
Hi folks, just picked up a Turbo S earlier this month, making it the 2nd Porsche and 3rd EV in our garage. We've also got a 997.1 Turbo, and two Teslas (P90D Ludicrous X, Performance 3).

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! 1621480764091
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Hi everyone! New member here, just ordered a RWD this week. Estimated delivery 2022, it's going to be a long wait :CWL:
Holy crap that's a long time! o_O Porsche tell you why so long? I'm assuming its a MY21.

QA4A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4, Taycan (ordered)
Country flag
Holy crap that's a long time! o_O Porsche tell you why so long? I'm assuming its a MY21.
They said it was a combination of semiconductor shortage and a backlog of previous orders whose dates have also slipped back.

It's a MY21 but I'm beginning to wonder what the cut-off point is. At this rate it won't enter production until around December.

They said there is a possibility it could arrive sooner but not to count on it and that everyone ordering now is facing the same situation ?

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi everyone! New member here, just ordered a RWD this week. Estimated delivery 2022, it's going to be a long wait :CWL:
Why such a long wait??? I just ordered a 4S - delivery date August 13th.

kailifish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hello everyone ! New member here,

Joined the forum not long after i placed the order, and finally picked up yesterday! Cannot stop smiling about the car. One thing i noticed immediately though, it's hard for the car to hide its weight during braking. Second I may be to used to engine braking, where the Taycan with recup on still "cruises" a bit compared to other cars. But just something to get used to, does not take anything away from the enjoyment!

While i was waiting for the taycan, i enjoyed reading the forum a lot. The experience/information sharing were both educational and made the wait tougher ?

Havent snapped any pics yet, but more to come for sure! Here's she is with the missues.
p.s. really liked the carbon mirrors.

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! GSTC
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! mirrors

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Hello everyone ! New member here,

Joined the forum not long after i placed the order, and finally picked up yesterday! Cannot stop smiling about the car. One thing i noticed immediately though, it's hard for the car to hide its weight during braking. Second I may be to used to engine braking, where the Taycan with recup on still "cruises" a bit compared to other cars. But just something to get used to, does not take anything away from the enjoyment!

While i was waiting for the taycan, i enjoyed reading the forum a lot. The experience/information sharing were both educational and made the wait tougher ?

Havent snapped any pics yet, but more to come for sure! Here's she is with the missues.
p.s. really liked the carbon mirrors.

GSTC.jpg
mirrors.jpg
Very nice. You will enjoy the car. Welcome.

MeMyselfAndI

First Name
Pieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (MY 21)
Country flag
Hi everyone! I’m new here.
Just ordered my first Porsch (Taycan rwd) after driving BMW for years (current one is M2).
Taycan should be delivered in august (ordered in the Netherlands). Counting down… ?

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Hello everyone! Two weeks ago my life was the usual jumble of chaos, then last week my 90 year old mother decided to give me my inheritance early.

Life is truly stranger than fiction!

I told her about my interest in hybrid and electric vehicles. She hated it. We test-drove a Tesla. She hated it even more. Then we visited Porsche. She loved it. She insisted I use my "gift" to buy a Porsche. I feel incredibly lucky and embarrassed at the same time. My mother insisted that the car had to be "at least six figures, so "NO Toyotas or Hyundais!" Yes, my mother is strong-headed. That's the polite way to put it. :)

So after much research, I found this beautiful 2021 Taycan S. Just got off the boat from Germany (literally) last week. Finished the purchase contract 2 days ago, now arranging delivery to my city (the car is in Toronto, and I live in Western Canada).

The dealer said I should have it at my doorstep by next Friday. I feel both thrilled and terrified! All my friends are bothering me to be the "first" passenger. I might have to open a mini-lottery!

Thank goodness I found this site and the forums. I have so much to learn. What an amazing vehicle! My cousin owned a Porsche Cayenne and she had nothing but good things to say about the build quality and reliability, so that was very reassuring.

Here's a few (not very good) photos taken by the salesperson, it's covered in dust and still has the protective sheaths on the seats. They're cleaning the car up this weekend before covered transport. I can't wait.

I had a hard time selecting which colour + interior combo ... so many good options. But I have a fondness for red, so this one had all the options plus colour that I liked.

Wish me luck, I feel like I am a peasant who just found a diamond in the dirt! :)

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! TAYinTO_03
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! TAYinTO_05
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! TAYinTO_04

Last edited:

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Hello everyone! Two weeks ago my life was the usual jumble of chaos, then last week my 90 year old mother decided to give me my inheritance early.

I told her about my interest in hybrid and electric vehicles. She hated it. We test-drove a Tesla. She hated it even more. Then we visited Porsche. She loved it. She insisted I use my "gift" to buy a Porsche. I feel incredibly lucky and embarrassed at the same time. My mother insisted that the car had to be "at least six figures, so "NO Toyotas or Hyundais!" Yes, my mother is strong-headed. That's the polite way to put it. :)

So after much research, I found this beautiful 2021 Taycan S. Just got off the boat from Germany (literally) last week. Finished the purchase contract 2 days ago, now arranging delivery to my city (the car is in Toronto, and I live in Western Canada).

The dealer said I should have it at my doorstep by next Friday. I feel both thrilled and terrified! All my friends are bothering me to be the "first" passenger. I might have to open a mini-lottery!

Thank goodness I found this site and the forums. I have so much to learn. What an amazing vehicle! My cousin owned a Porsche Cayenne and she had nothing but good things to say about the build quality and reliability, so that was very reassuring.

Here's a few (not very good) photos taken by the salesperson, it's covered in dust and still has the protective sheaths on the seats. They're cleaning the car up this weekend before covered transport. I can't wait.

I had a hard time selecting which colour + interior combo ... so many good options. But I have a fondness for red, so this one had all the options plus colour that I liked.

Wish me luck, I feel like I am a peasant who just found a diamond in the dirt! :)

TAYinTO_03.jpg
TAYinTO_05.jpg
TAYinTO_04.jpg
I love this story and the enthusiasm. Enjoy your new purchase.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag

TAYinTO_03.jpg
TAYinTO_05.jpg
TAYinTO_04.jpg
Everybody happy!

R88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S (sold)
Country flag
Wanted to say hello! New to owning a Porsche, but not new to electric cars. Wanted to step up from my Tesla and a good friend gave me a spin (and the reigns) on his Taycan Turbo S - I got sold. Couple of months later and I'm completing the dream everyone has of owning a Porsche. Delivery estimate September. After driving a white car for years, I went Mamba Green because why not?
Sponsored