Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Wanted to say hello! New to owning a Porsche, but not new to electric cars. Wanted to step up from my Tesla and a good friend gave me a spin (and the reigns) on his Taycan Turbo S - I got sold. Couple of months later and I'm completing the dream everyone has of owning a Porsche. Delivery estimate September. After driving a white car for years, I went Mamba Green because why not?
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy (waiting for) your new car and keep a cool head there in Seattle…

Reactions: R88

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello everyone. Based in NorCal. Just placed an order for my first ever Porsche, Taycan 4S and very excited. Within 1 minute of my test drive, I knew I was going to be replacing my Tesla model S! I’ve been a fan of German cars since I drove a VW Jetta way back and have owned a few VWs, an Audi and a couple of BMWs prior to the Tesla Model S.

Looking forward to a return to a high quality and luxurious drive.

RichJ

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2015 BMW228ix, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
Hi Everyone,
Just picked up my 2021 Taycan 4S yesterday. Ice Grey with black leather interior. Thanks to all of you for the advice and discussions on the Forum. It really helped me with my choices.

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! IMG_3024

Wrtflyr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Cheers Everyone , just traded my 991.2 CS Cabriolet in for a 4S in Ice Grey with Bordeaux/Black interior. This is my first EV and I love the car so far. I have had a few Helmet Fires trying to absorb all the technology but I plan on trying to keep it simple and enjoy the ride!
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! 5CC22045-AEFA-4AEC-86D3-42B79D63E346

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Dropping in to say Hello! New member on this outstanding forum and completely new to EVs but not new to Porsche (Targa 4S currently). Located in SoCal.

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Vehicle loaded on enclosed transport trailer last Thursday ... coming from Toronto to Edmonton, Canada. They handled it like a baby. SA in Toronto was 1st class and super-friendly.

Absolutely terrified and thrilled! Supposed to be arriving this coming week b/w Wed and Friday (July 07-09, 2021). Frantically cleaning out my garage and preparing for arrival of this MY2021 4S. Wish me luck!

BTW already sent a disclaimer to friends / family apologizing for the 'mid-life crisis' cliché but everyone said "good for you!" :)

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! TAYCAN rob loading 2

PorschePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Audi Q7
Country flag
Hey all, new to the forum & it’s been great reading through it all. I’ve enjoyed my dream car a 2009 911 Turbo for a while now. However, the kids are getting bigger and back seats combined with almost no storage is becoming a problem. Not to mention the pricey after market insurance. So instead of re-up on the insurance we are most likely trading in and getting a loaded Taycan 4s.

I’d really like to get the Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass but not if it’s going to kill cell signal. Up in the air on that one. It seems like the consensus here was its a good add and for most did not impact signal. Little concerned by the recall but hopefully the update fixes the issue. I know it’s not a Taycan but figured I’d share a pic of the 911 Turbo I’ve been enjoying for many years now.
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! 2F028910-3541-45A7-AE10-9D5A65DD6EA3

Last edited:

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Hi everyone - Jay in Ponte Vedra here. Coming over from Tesla Model X performance. New to Porsche. Had my Taycan for two weeks - rocket ship my family of four loves.
Congrats! Let us all know how you enjoy your car.

Despite the (valid) complaints you'll read, it's still an amazing vehicle. Love my 4S. Feel like I'm dating a supermodel (yes, I'm that insecure). :)
Sponsored