Mercedes EQXX Concept

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It reminds me of a kid who saw a Taycan and half hour later somebody asks him to draw what he saw. Ugly Taycan copy….

There is once again no substitute

Porsche Taycan Mercedes EQXX Concept 4D77C213-D573-4293-93AC-57EDE8229FC0

Porsche Taycan Mercedes EQXX Concept 96186874-7AF1-4791-91B7-640B2FA7D2D3

Draman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
:CWL:
It reminds me of a kid who saw a Taycan and half hour later somebody asks him to draw what he saw. Ugly Taycan copy….

There is once again no substitute

4D77C213-D573-4293-93AC-57EDE8229FC0.jpeg

96186874-7AF1-4791-91B7-640B2FA7D2D3.jpeg
Now that you've said it, that's all I can see

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
The first Taycan I ever saw was a mix between a sedan and a CT…not pretty. The MB is a technology demonstrator vehicle. As such, I think it shows tremendous promise.

OP
OP
Silveral

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The first Taycan I ever saw was a mix between a sedan and a CT…not pretty. The MB is a technology demonstrator vehicle. As such, I think it shows tremendous promise.
i 100% agree about the technology. But why does it have to look like an Uglycan?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I think if/when EV's get to 800km range with real-world driving – hit the dealerships – petrol cars really will be finished – except for expensive niches.

Especially here in Europe where EV's aren't just incentivised – but ICE vehicles are being actively punished with higher tax rates and restrictions where you can drive them in cities.

Last edited:

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
I think if/when EV's get to 800km range with real-world driving – hit the dealerships – petrol cars really will be finished – except for expensive niches.
I don't think range is really the issue. 400 km is just fine. It does not make sense to go higher. Now the price has to come down and there need to be more fast chargers.
I also believe this is what is going to happen: When battery tech improves, the cars will not get bigger batteries for more range, but instead will get less battery with the same range at a lower price.

EQXX does focus on what will become more important: the cars will need to become more efficient to be able to lower the cost (of the battery).
I think this will reduce the SUV hype. There will be a new focus on lower cars with better aerodynamics: sedans and hatchbacks.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I don't think range is really the issue. 400 km is just fine.
I think you do make a good point here. I wouldn't worry about a petrol vehicle having such a small tank that it only did 400km due to the availability of petrol stations. And I can't safely drive 400km without a break anyways.

Here in Ireland – unfortunately the gov has more shiny PDFs plans about fast charging networks than actual practical action.

And because they gave the public company that runs the electricity network the contract to (slowly) build out an EV charging network – it acts as a deterrent for private companies like IONITY and Tesla to invest – unlike mainland Europe.

It would be okay if they'd actually build the damn network – but they've been dragging their feet – ironically, most likely because our electricity network doesn't have adequate supply in the places where its now required – medium sized towns and motorway service stations.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
i 100% agree about the technology. But why does it have to look like an Uglycan?
I guess, it's not the final version at all... they'll make it better for sure...

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I guess, it's not the final version at all... they'll make it better for sure...
Agree. Not sure that any manufacturer can take claim (or should take claim) for the crying tears design. I can see how it’s helpful for aero but even the best designs in this regard should be tolerated not celebrated (including Taycan).

I think the MB effort shows that several of the top OEMs are committed to moving the needle on EV tech…which is really good news.

There was a point where I was concerned that cars of the future would be boring/uninteresting. I no longer have that concern.

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Agreed.
and, at least, they are not making barbeque style as bmw :giggle:

OP
OP
Silveral

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m sure they will. Although normally we start with a super cool concept and then a watered down production model. Not the other way around
Sponsored

Reactions: B61