First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance; TS on order
Country flag
Morning

I placed an order for a ST Taycan Turbo S in June/July 22 and there has been no movement on a confirmed build date never mind delivery. I was apparently 1st on the list but the allocation wasn't forthcoming. A friend of mine who recently got an e-tron GT due to the long Porsche wait times, mentioned it to his friend who had ordered a Taycan from Reading, start to finish took 6 months.

I rang, spoke to one of the sales guys, and he says there is a saloon going, build is still open, with delivery mid to end of May. Ordered that, and cancelled the one with Sheffield. It's a bit of a shame because it's my local dealer and I can't complain about the service as it was out of their hands but with no end date in sight, I don't think I had much of a choice.

The good news is, however, it's sorted now, I still have a month or so to tweak the build although I've been doing that for a while now. I was disappointed to see they have linked the readiness for a dashcam with the panoramic roof, unless that is a saloon thing, it wasn't on the ST.

I haven't gone crazy on options as it's quite highly spec'd as it is.

Be interested in people's thoughts with regards to a must-have option I may have missed though: https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsche-code/default.aspx?c=/PPCIXHG5

Although at the time of writing this, the configurator doesn't appear to be working. Colours are all subjective of course, mamba green does it for me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Nice colour combo!
Couple of cosmetic points:
I recommend extending the Race-Tex down the lower B pillars;
Have you tried it with bordeaux for the belts as well? Totally personal preference, but I wanted more red.

BTW the configurator is working fine if you go through the main Porsche GB website- I got a Bad Gateway using the microsite link you have.

OP
OP
sbarker108

sbarker108

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice colour combo!
Couple of cosmetic points:
I recommend extending the Race-Tex down the lower B pillars;
Have you tried it with bordeaux for the belts as well? Totally personal preference, but I wanted more red.

BTW the configurator is working fine if you go through the main Porsche GB website- I got a Bad Gateway using the microsite link you have.
I've seen people mention the racetex on the b pillars, I shall investigate and thanks for the info re-access. It did work fine up until today...

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
The Turbo S standard spec gives you a very nice build from the off and I agree that the green/red combo is a nice touch.

As Paul says above, the B pillar Race-Tex option carries it down nicely from the roof and gets rid of the easily scratched (and rather cheap looking imho) plastic offering.

I'd also suggest you consider the Lane Change Assist option. It's standard on so many cars these days that you almost expect it to be there, especially with the top model version. Sadly it isn't.

I see you're getting the saloon rather than your original ST choice? Was that a deliberate change or a pragmatic one due to availability? Either way, you're going to have a rather special EV. Good luck with avoiding the lure of the money pit configurator. ;)

OP
OP
sbarker108

sbarker108

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Turbo S standard spec gives you a very nice build from the off and I agree that the green/red combo is a nice touch.

As Paul says above, the B pillar Race-Tex option carries it down nicely from the roof and gets rid of the easily scratched (and rather cheap looking imho) plastic offering.

I'd also suggest you consider the Lane Change Assist option. It's standard on so many cars these days that you almost expect it to be there, especially with the top model version. Sadly it isn't.

I see you're getting the saloon rather than your original ST choice? Was that a deliberate change or a pragmatic one due to availability? Either way, you're going to have a rather special EV. Good luck with avoiding the lure of the money pit configurator. ;)
Thanks.

It was a change driven by availability. They both look great to my eyes but and I would have liked the extra load capacity but I don't want to wait forever.

Since this morning it's +£329 for the b pillar racetex and potentially £548 on the lane change assist. NEED...TO....STOP.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I too would have recommended LCA if I hadn't naively assumed it'd be standard equipment on a £140k+ car 😮
It would have been around £10k extra to fit all the items our Prius has as standard to my CT4S, so I only added the ones I really used lots...

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Morning

I placed an order for a ST Taycan Turbo S in June/July 22 and there has been no movement on a confirmed build date never mind delivery. I was apparently 1st on the list but the allocation wasn't forthcoming. A friend of mine who recently got an e-tron GT due to the long Porsche wait times, mentioned it to his friend who had ordered a Taycan from Reading, start to finish took 6 months.

I rang, spoke to one of the sales guys, and he says there is a saloon going, build is still open, with delivery mid to end of May. Ordered that, and cancelled the one with Sheffield. It's a bit of a shame because it's my local dealer and I can't complain about the service as it was out of their hands but with no end date in sight, I don't think I had much of a choice.

Unfortunately I had a similar experience with my local dealer. It seems like some dealerships have no interest in actually selling a car.

My local dealer is just a mile from my home. It would have been perfect but in two months they haven't even be able to provide me a test drive and every single contact had to be initiated by me. I got tired of begging for their attention and placed my order with a dealer almost 300 miles further away.

I'm not saying it's the dealers fault but if they had some interest, an ocasional courtesy call about how things were going or just a "hi. I haven't got a test drive yet but you're not forgotten" would have done miracles.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Morning

The good news is, however, it's sorted now, I still have a month or so to tweak the build although I've been doing that for a while now. I was disappointed to see they have linked the readiness for a dashcam with the panoramic roof, unless that is a saloon thing, it wasn't on the ST.

I haven't gone crazy on options as it's quite highly spec'd as it is.

Be interested in people's thoughts with regards to a must-have option I may have missed though: https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsche-code/default.aspx?c=/PPCIXHG5

Although at the time of writing this, the configurator doesn't appear to be working. Colours are all subjective of course, mamba green does it for me.
TBH wouldn't be my colour choice and I couldn't live with the Bordeaux (it is too red in real life) interior either....but someone has to do it!

Not sure about the standard yellow calipers (would be better gloss black to avoid the colour clash presented) or the black door handles.

Racetex B-pillars have been addressed.

Seat belts in Bordeaux.

Steering wheel in leather (not Racetex).

Jabbar

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Thanks.

It was a change driven by availability. They both look great to my eyes but and I would have liked the extra load capacity but I don't want to wait forever.

Since this morning it's +£329 for the b pillar racetex and potentially £548 on the lane change assist. NEED...TO....STOP.
Hi. I did same and didn’t order from my local dealer in West Yorkshire and instead went further afield. I’d take out Head up Display. Collected my Taycan GTS a few weeks ago and I wish I hadn’t paid for HUD as not needed given the digital cockpit is so good.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Unfortunately I had a similar experience with my local dealer. It seems like some dealerships have no interest in actually selling a car.

My local dealer is just a mile from my home. It would have been perfect but in two months they haven't even be able to provide me a test drive and every single contact had to be initiated by me. I got tired of begging for their attention and placed my order with a dealer almost 300 miles further away.

I'm not saying it's the dealers fault but if they had some interest, an ocasional courtesy call about how things were going or just a "hi. I haven't got a test drive yet but you're not forgotten" would have done miracles.
Maybe they could partner up with Rolex dealers.....

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
It would have been around £10k extra to fit all the items our Prius has as standard to my CT4S, so I only added the ones I really used lots...
As more of these safety features become legally mandated, I wouldn't be shocked if Porsche uplifted the base price without other options by such exorbitant amounts...those waiting for a refreshed MY24, beware!

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
HUD in my view is pointless as the digital display bleeds straight onto the dash visually and speed is top/middle. I have HUD on other vehicles and love it but never on Porsche. Also partly because you sit low and the HUD risks obscuring the vision.

LCA? meh.

I would give the sills and b-panels if I went back in time, the plastic is of poor quality and lowers the look/feel.
Sponsored