jakeCT

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
missed: RX8 / current: Model 3, MYP / CT4 waitlist
Country flag
Congrats on your new car and the long trip home. Great write-up- it was an enjoyable read. When you had the charging problems, I hope you didn’t direct the anger at your car’s charge port! Hope to see you in the area.
Sponsored

Last edited:

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Great trip report!

I took real courage to take your first EV 1,300 miles or so on Day 1 & 2 of ownership. Just imagine how easier it would have been if Plug & Charge had worked!

I also loved learning the word Elefantenrennen. Such a great metaphor. :like:

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Congratulations on your new car and for the amazing write-up. I just picked up my car yesterday and I’m glad I didn‘t have to drive it through snow and everything that comes with those conditions as it relates to the brand new car condition.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Congratulations on your new car and for the amazing write-up. I just picked up my car yesterday and I’m glad I didn‘t have to drive it through snow and everything that comes with those conditions as it relates to the brand new car condition.
It’s a great way to get to know your car though, get your first stone chip (so you can stop obsessing until it happens), and enjoy your new purchase.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Congrats - I can empathize on the spend and whilst I tried on first pass, I could only get through maybe 30% of your post this time round but (but promise) I'll get to the whole later :) You may have surpassed @daveo4EV for length of an individual thread (not a criticism Dave, just messing with you :)!!) but captured the excitement and wonder of the CT and agree wholeheartedly on your conclusion.

As an aside, spent a full year of my life (spread over two successive years) based out of Green River UT but my area of interest being a 500 mile radius from there as a Post-Doc researcher and possibly some of the happiest memories in my locker :) - amazing part of the world.
Sponsored