First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.1 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Afternoon all,

I’m about to spec up my Taycan 4s and was wondering what the must have options were. I.e. (not a full list), Bose, extended leather, power charger cover, innodrive, etc ,etc.

Only option that is currently on the list is the performance battery.

The car will obviously be Uk spec but keen to hear views from those non uk guys who have hands on experience.

Thanks all

W
Sponsored

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
This will get wildly different views but I would suggest, the bigger battery, anything other than the 19” wheels and heated seats.

other than these it’s get down to personal taste and planned usage

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Oh and to add further, the above is not my spec although I would like to keep the spec minimal I just can’t stop ticking options boxes.

i plan to swap for a sport tourismo next year so keeping the spec in the sweet spot is important for me

psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Audi RS4, Defender 90
Country flag
You'll get lots of varying view for sure but I think the battery is a must and I'd recommend the 14 way seats. I wasn't going to spec these but you need them to get the lumber control. Also, remember the night vision.........

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Performance Battery
Nice wheels - your choice but not standard ones
Bose
Black window trims
Sport Sound (personal taste - I love it!)
Upgraded leather otherwise too much plastic inside!

Anything else is up to you but IMHO these are important

JayD

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Defender 90, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I ended up ticking so many boxes, on my spec'd 4S, it worked out that a Turbo became the best option.
Choices below are fairly mandatory (IMO), but then there are so many nice to haves, that I got carried away!
Performance Battery
Wheels
Bose
Reverse Camera

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
List on mine is 104k (£20k of options) but hoping to get the gvt grant of £3500 to make it nearer to the £100k mark :)

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
I ended up ticking so many boxes, on my spec'd 4S, it worked out that a Turbo became the best option.
Choices below are fairly mandatory (IMO), but then there are so many nice to haves, that I got carried away!
Performance Battery
Wheels
Bose
Reverse Camera
Did the same mate, the residual is so much higher on the Turbo the price difference was negligible

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
List on mine is 104k (£20k of options) but hoping to get the gvt grant of £3500 to make it nearer to the £100k mark :)
It does have the OLEV grant BUT it’s highly likely this will get pulled in the budget in 2 weeks
Cars that have been ordered before the budget should still be eligible but would need clarification

Jason0055

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi s3 Range Rover sport Porsche Taycan.
Country flag
I believe the grant is only applicable to an EV under the 50k mark in the UK

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
I believe the grant is only applicable to an EV under the 50k mark in the UK
No, he's talking about a different grant I believe as my dad is also expecting it for his delivery in a months time. It's a grant the UK gov have since pulled. They gave a 6 month grace period on those people who had ordered an EV so they could make use of it. I believe it runs out in about November time.

Martinl

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
No, he's talking about a different grant I believe as my dad is also expecting it for his delivery in a months time. It's a grant the UK gov have since pulled. They gave a 6 month grace period on those people who had ordered an EV so they could make use of it. I believe it runs out in about November time.
Can anybody post.more details of this? I too was told that the grant didn't apply to cars over 50k.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can anybody post.more details of this? I too was told that the grant didn't apply to cars over 50k.
if your car was ordered before the Budget in March and your dealership applied for the OLEV grant (prior to the budget)then it should still be valid, there were no timescales put on this, people assumed it was 6 months as that was the timescales given in previous budgets when the grant was reduced (as it used to e 5k)

any Taycans ordered after the budget won't now be eligible due to be over 50k

i was looking to swap my Turbo for a Turbo S and the OLEV grant wasn't transferable as the grant is put in your name against a specific order
Sponsored