Mustang suv

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Was charging at EA today and saw a mustang suv, it was charging at about the same rate as mine and seemed to have similar range, very roomy and had Tesla like iPad screens. Better than I expected

Porsche Taycan Mustang suv 804B50C2-1A93-4661-9C52-A0951EC0AC7E

Porsche Taycan Mustang suv 817A7977-14D7-4DB8-B997-61E4D4B6D4F8

Porsche Taycan Mustang suv 92F568E3-0594-4FAA-9837-50C16D6CF354

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Coincidentally, I test drove one just yesterday and was impressed with it. Excellent software and UI and very roomy. At basically $45K it’s a winner, though it kind of drove like a truck--no nuance, pretty rough and sloppy, though acceptable handling.

I was considering switching to the Taycan Cross Turismo, but at this price I'd be tempted to go with the Mach-E for my biking needs and be more than happy with the Taycan 4S coming in May.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The GT version is going to be interesting at $60k. I hope its suspension is not too stiff.

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Coincidentally, I test drove one just yesterday and was impressed with it. Excellent software and UI and very roomy. At basically $45K it’s a winner, though it kind of drove like a truck--no nuance, pretty rough and sloppy, though acceptable handling.

I was considering switching to the Taycan Cross Turismo, but at this price I'd be tempted to go with the Mach-E for my biking needs and be more than happy with the Taycan 4S coming in May.
Dang, th

dang, good price, wonder how it compares to Kia niro, I agree, the interior did roomy and comfortable.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
dang, good price, wonder how it compares to Kia niro, I agree, the interior did roomy and comfortable.
The Kia is cheaper, it has longer warranty but it is only FWD, has less horsepower and less room in rear seats.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Visually I really like it! Seems to be totally killing Tesla‘s market share in the US.... Just looked at the Swiss website and looks available now here as well.

Lots of competition and interesting cars coming in this space in 2021 and 2022. The VW ID.3 is more and more present on the road and also taking a chunk out of Tesla 3 market share in Switzerland. (And there are a lot of them and were I think in the top 10 most sold car in 2020 for all cars not just EVS).

I am sounding anti-Tesla, but not my intent. The competition has woken up and the pandemic has gotten a lot more people open to the idea of an EV. So exciting times for all EVs.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
The Mach-E got good reviews. The software and the UI in the car seems to be really good as well as battery size, charging speed and range. Ford also invests in Germany factory, they are onto something good...

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
the question about the ford is how they plow through the what seems to be normal growing pains associated with new EV models.

if ford can get things righted properly the mustang could give tesla's model Y some competition.
there are many discussions regarding mustang versus the model Y on the tesla boards

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I drove it a couple of weeks ago and the ID.4

It's far superior to the Tesla in interior, build quality, fit and finish.
Infotainment is nice, but could be more intuitive. The driver assist is very good. Will have hands free driving on the next update that requires the driver to have their eyes on the road. Sensors track the drivers eyes are to ensure it
The ride quality is very rough and handling wasn't impressive.
Its priced right, especially with incentives

I liked the ID.4 better even though it's not as sporty as the Mache E

Porsche Taycan Mustang suv 20210222_145330

Porsche Taycan Mustang suv 20210222_150151

Porsche Taycan Mustang suv 20210222_151152

Porsche Taycan Mustang suv 20210222_145350

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I was browsing the Mach-e forum for early impressions and I saw a long list of reported issues that look very familiar to Taycan's i.e. 12v battery, infotainment software bugs, connectivity issues, charging issues, etc etc. Here is a list compiled by a forum member

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-issues-compilation-list-wiki.3430/
Not surprising. Even VW turned into a software company with its own OS. Takes time to get this all working well. The good news: They actually getting into it!
Sponsored