Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
429hp vs 616hp. Not quite 50% more
No, it’s not. You’re quoting the small battery. With the same battery it’s 482 v. 616, a 28% difference. On overboost the difference is even smaller, 562 v 670, a 19% difference.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I swapped out my 4s for a turbo s this last spring and could not be more happy with how much better/faster/ tighter it is.
You do know that a performance spec 4S will be the exact same car as a Turbo, except for the added power, right? The only difference is that the Turbo will be faster. It won’t be dynamically different in any other way.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
The point made by the OP was that the standard spec of the Turbo has a lot more in it and that the drive is improved (in their experience), by the larger more powerful motor. The Turbo also has PTV Plus which my PEC instructor said was excellent. Add in larger rims as standard, PCSB and Sports Chrono which are all very desirable and the price gets quite close. Certainly close enough for me personally to spend the small uplift.
Each to their own and I’d agree the 4S is very fast and probably more than fast enough. But the models with the larger motor certainly have a desirability about them, hence how Porsche make their money.

Who asked you to ’go down that road again’, pal? :CWL:

You seem to be getting butthurt again by a simple truth. The cars are identical, but for the motor. The placebo effect is strong…

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The point made by the OP was that the standard spec of the Turbo has a lot more in it and that the drive is improved (in their experience), by the larger more powerful motor. The Turbo also has PTV Plus which my PEC instructor said was excellent. Add in larger rims as standard, PCSB and Sports Chrono which are all very desirable and the price gets quite close. Certainly close enough for me personally to spend the small uplift.
Each to their own and I’d agree the 4S is very fast and probably more than fast enough. But the models with the larger motor certainly have a desirability about them, hence how Porsche make their money.
Agree except the price isn’t close, as I went through this when I bought my 4S. The difference in price of a like specc’d car is about $25k between the Turbo and the 4S.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agree except the price isn’t close, as I went through this when I bought my 4S. The difference in price of a like specc’d car is about $22.5k between the Turbo and the 4S.
Think I got about £2k above a GTS when I specified a 4S. Memory fails me tbh. The Turbo was about £15k more once I’d specified it.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
I went through this entire exercise when specifying my CT.

My build is very heavily optioned. With the same exact options, there was an approximately $20K difference between the 4S and the Turbo even though the Turbo included some items as standard. It wasn't as much as you would think (at least with a heavily optioned car).

I have all of the available performance and suspension options (including PCCBs). I was assured that they are exactly the same parts on the 4S, Turbo, and Turbo S.

HP, torque, and speed are delicious. Porsche knows this well. The price for the bump up the model line for each type of Porsche is remarkably consistent. You can get as much HP/torque/speed as you want so long as you are willing to pay.

I could have bought a Turbo S. I am sure I would have loved it. I didn't because I know that I didn't need it, and I didn't want to get into more trouble than is possible with mine.

Enjoy your Turbo. Awesome car.

Porsche Taycan My move from Taycan 4S to Turbo --  real difference is the way it drives IMG_4328

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
@RCorsa were you in SoCal today by chance? I saw a PTS blue (looked like Voodoo Blue) Taycan on I-5 earlier today and couldn't believe it. The color was immediately recognizable and I don’t know of any other PTS blue Taycans roaming around. 'Twas beautiful.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Think I got about £2k above a GTS when I specified a 4S. Memory fails me tbh. The Turbo was about £15k more once I’d specified it.
The base price difference in the US is $47k. When you layer in the standard stuff onto the 4S, it shrinks to about $25k. When I was ordering my 4S in 2021 with a $142.5k sticker, my dealer had a new 2020 Turbo on the lot specd near identically with a sticker of $175k. It had about $6k of additional options over my build. They actually offered it to me for $147.5k, but it had the glass roof, which was a nonstarter for me.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
@RCorsa were you in SoCal today by chance? I saw a PTS blue (looked like Voodoo Blue) Taycan on I-5 earlier today and couldn't believe it. The color was immediately recognizable and I don’t know of any other PTS blue Taycans roaming around. 'Twas beautiful.
Nope not me. I bought my car in Beverly Hills but car is outside of seattle. There is a thread on the la car show with a blue gts some people say may be shark blue which Is very close to voodoo ?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
That is interesting.
With my spec the Turbo was about £25k more and GTS about £4k more.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is interesting.
With my spec the Turbo was about £25k more and GTS about £4k more.
I clearly click the options more than you Frank! 🤦🏼

I configured a 4S just now and got it to £109k. A little over £15k more and I get a Turbo

http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4B2RZ6

some of the options have slightly changed price since I configured my car

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Agree except the price isn’t close, as I went through this when I bought my 4S. The difference in price of a like specc’d car is about $25k between the Turbo and the 4S.
I've just checked the spreadsheet when I compared my 4S and Turbo options back in Dec'21- the Turbo was £22k more to buy (than a 4S spec'd as closely as possible to it), however when I took in to account the finance quotes "final payment to buy" at 3 years (which my man-maths encouraged me to assume was a reasonable indication of %RV), it would only cost me £3k more (in total) than the 4S over 3 year's ownership (as I wasn't taking the finance so was not incurring the interest).

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've just checked the spreadsheet when I compared my 4S and Turbo options back in Dec'21- the Turbo was £22k more to buy (than a 4S spec'd as closely as possible to it), however when I took in to account the finance quotes "final payment to buy" at 3 years (which my man-maths encouraged me to assume was a reasonable indication of %RV), it would only cost me £3k more (in total) than the 4S over 3 year's ownership (as I wasn't taking the finance so was not incurring the interest).
It’s interesting. My Turbo build ended up at about £17k or so more. Maybe your spec for a Turbo was different to mine with more optionals not built in to a Turbo. I tend to stick relatively closely to the standard spec on cars, but spec a higher base car. My RS3, for example, had only £890 of extra’s on it as I really liked the standard kit and Nardo Grey for me was the best colour for it (£0 option)
Sponsored