NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here’s my Taycan 4S code (yes I know most people don’t like the rear seat entertainment but I like the techy look and my kids will love it) I am going for a sporty on the outside and luxurious on the inside give me feedback

Here’s the code PP23TK16

Here’s Porsche code where you can see my build https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsche-code/international.aspx
If your going to want a GTS instead of a 4S, my friend your going to be waiting for awhile for an allocation.

also I like the 4 zone climate look and idea but I’m positive it will get annoying after awhile with kids or frequent passengers messing with it. I’d remove that then I’d follow the other suggestions in here
Sponsored

OP
OP
Abajansns

Abajansns

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera, Audi Q5, Mazda CX-5, BMW 330 I
Country flag
If your going to want a GTS instead of a 4S, my friend your going to be waiting for awhile for an allocation.

also I like the 4 zone climate look and idea but I’m positive it will get annoying after awhile with kids or frequent passengers messing with it. I’d remove that then I’d follow the other suggestions in here
Will the 4S not take as long to get an allocation for it

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Nice build! Not sure if you have an allocation or are fine with waiting but I recently had to remove the VLC roof from my GTS order because Porsche informed my dealer that if I did so, I would get an October build for late November delivery. If I kept it, there was no known ETA for the VLC roof parts and my build would get pushed well into 2023. I opted to remove the VLC roof and just went with the regular fixed glass pano roof, and my order was modified and frozen the next day with an estimated delivery date of Nov 26. While I’m bummed I won’t be getting the VLC roof, there are many upsides: I get the Taycan sooner, I get the chalk paint without having to pay PTS pricing (chalk is rumored to become PTS-only after October builds), and I stand a better chance of squeaking by and taking delivery before 2023 which qualifies me for the $7500 federal tax credit (gone for Taycan buyers in 2023).
"I get the chalk paint without having to pay PTS pricing (chalk is rumored to become PTS-only after October builds) "

PTS?

OP
OP
Abajansns

Abajansns

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also do you think I need the Porsche surface coated brakes or standard brakes Everyone has told me so far to get the standard brakes but unless you’re taking the car on the track a lot

OP
OP
Abajansns

Abajansns

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also do you think I need the Porsche surface coated brakes or standard brakes Everyone has told me so far to get the standard brakes but unless you’re taking the car on the track a lot

Okisbaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I drove all brakes and did not feel any difference. I'll go for brakes that fits the looks u want.

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
Brakes aren’t crucial in this car because even the standard brakes provide plenty of stopping power together with the regen braking. Just comes down to the look you want and color of calipers. If you have light colored, painted, or silver wheels, there is a benefit with the PSCB in that like the full ceramic brakes, it eliminates a lot of brake dust that the standard brakes can produce. That said, the PSCB are heavier than the standard brakes, so there‘s that to consider too. Of course the full ceramic brakes are the best option being both the lightest and eliminating brake dust, but they also cost a ton and really overkill for a car that’s not intended for heavy track use. If you don’t like the red color of the standard brake calipers, you can always opt for black painted calipers for a nominal cost.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Agreed - almost every modern car's brakes have the power to fully lock up the wheels. The Porsche is certainly no exception. The bigger brakes primarily provide additional fading resistance due to larger surface area, and additional power if there is fade.

Porsche's standard brakes are tested to quite a high standard already, so as others mentioned it'll mainly take track work or a very aggressive extended mountain run to actually start to feel any sort of fade. Very few people if any will ever see brake fade in their Taycan just given what these cars are used for

The bigger brakes sure do look nice, and as mentioned have significantly less dust, but I don't think that's worth the $3.5k or $9k upgrade

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
"I get the chalk paint without having to pay PTS pricing (chalk is rumored to become PTS-only after October builds) "

PTS?
Stands for Paint To Sample. There’s a huge list of special or custom colors to choose from but they are quite a bit more expensive. I believe it’s like $9-12k more.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Will the 4S not take as long to get an allocation for it
I'd suggest getting on both lists, take the one which comes first, unless both come about the same time, then GTS.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61