Orwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
SA gave me choice of MY23 July delivery at MY23 price or MY24 September delivery at MY24 price (estimated USD10-12K higher).

My reflex is to take the lower cash outlay now vs waiting for the marginal and undetermined benefits of one newer model year when I sell.

MY23
Or
MY24
Sponsored

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
I'm sure others are more knowledgable but I think outside of a few standard equipment inclusions and/or option packages, it's the same car with a higher price.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
There is literally little to no difference between MY23/MY24 except for some interior cosmetic option changes and the loss of certain exterior colors. That's it. No reason to pay $12k+ for the same car, AND wait longer.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
MY23 and MY24 are essentially the same car. MY24 will likely cost more for insurance. It might be worth a little more at resale if you sell in in 3 years or less, but unlikely to be 10k more to recoup the difference. Also, earlier delivery date, more fun with car.

AJ1

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
SA gave me choice of MY23 July delivery at MY23 price or MY24 September delivery at MY24 price (estimated USD10-12K higher).

My reflex is to take the lower cash outlay now vs waiting for the marginal and undetermined benefits of one newer model year when I sell.

MY23
Or
MY24
Hi It’s kind of a no brainer increased cost and risk of MY24 slipping further I doubt there be much diff between the 2 model years.

Shere

First Name
Seymour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS 2024
Country flag

MY23
Or
MY24
I believe the 24 has an upgraded battery making for longer distance

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Having just taken delivery after a 13-month wait (first Porsche; first EV)… MY23 without a doubt. The car is amazing… MY24 is more expensive with no significant benefit. Get the car as soon as you can!

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
You know that MY 24 will be delivered from october and that face lift model 24 will be delivered at week 6 in 2024.
that’s why i don’t know what to do now to order a new CT. With my24 or facelift 24, 3 months later. And on same time Macan ev.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
You know that MY 24 will be delivered from october and that face lift model 24 will be delivered at week 6 in 2024.
that’s why i don’t know what to do now to order a new CT. With my24 or facelift 24, 3 months later. And on same time Macan ev.
Where did you hear that?

Kinda odd they would make the Facelift mid MY but what do I know 🤷🏻‍♂️

DrRach

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
We’ve not long ordered our car and had this discussion with the sales guy.
MY24 (which is available from approximately July 23 ) is NOT a facelift model, there will be minimal changes due the the following.

MY 25 ( available from approximately July 24) is the facelift model, I haven’t researched the changes)

I can see some options being removed from the list on the MY24 cars but there won’t be any changes to the car itself, as this just doesn’t make financial sense if they have a revised model due a few months later and supply is still running short of demand on the current model.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
MY24 will be delivered in North America starting August 2024. No facelift. Are you saying Porsche is going to facelift the Taycan in the middle of the model year? This has not happened before. There are literally Porsche people on video who have listed all the very minimal changes to the taycan for MY24 which is starting production in 2 months.

We’ve not long ordered our car and had this discussion with the sales guy.
MY24 (which is available from approximately July 23 ) is NOT a facelift model, there will be minimal changes due the the following.

MY 25 ( available from approximately July 24) is the facelift model, I haven’t researched the changes)
Yeah this has been mentioned 500 times but some people are insistent its still happening for MY24 despite all the evidence and timelines to the contrary. Ignorance is bliss i suppose.

DrRach

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
MY24 will be delivered in North America starting August 2024. No facelift. Are you saying Porsche is going to facelift the Taycan in the middle of the model year? This has not happened before. There are literally Porsche people on video who have listed all the very minimal changes to the taycan for MY24 which is starting production in 2 months.
what I’m say it’s MY and Calendar year are two different things.
The face lift will be MY25 but we will see in in Calender year 24.
Sponsored