ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Re being only available in the Cayenne first and later in other models - I have this working for the Taycan on the MyPorsche App on my phone, also works in my car PCM to adjust various control options via Siri voice cmds and yet they have not 'officially' released it to the Taycan -yeah, I know, I'm impatient but seems a bit daft re press release.

Porsche Taycan MyPorsche app updated Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 1.14.44 PM

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
How do I download this? I tried deleting and re-installing my Porsche app but nothing has changed.

Oyinko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
How do I download this? I tried deleting and re-installing my Porsche app but nothing has changed.
It's only available for the 2024 Cayenne. According to Porsche newsroom, "After that, it will be rolled out to other model lines."

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Aren’t you guys worried that the widget would be too chatty? (Phone -> Porsche backend -> car, and return)
I've seen the widget showing "12hrs ago" for the status, so it tells me it's not pinging very often.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Love it....but do wonder about over communication and battery drain 🤔

[screenshot with outrageous range numbers deleted]
According to your screenshot, your range at 100% SoC is ~315 mi. That's obscene (mine's 250 on the best of days), so you could very well do with a bit more drain. :-( There.

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (ordered), 911 Carrera S (992)
Country flag
why interrupt the driver with a popup and a ding to tell them that many times during a trip? There is no action the driver can take based on this, it is generally a useless piece of information. Maybe if the maps are not loading due to some issue, sure, pop up an error message, but multiple, disruptive success messages are just an engineering design lacking any user experience consideration (yes, I get that the guy who coded it likes to know every time map updates, but that is a debug functionality, not driver functionality - this is no different than if the car gave you a popup every time it auto adjusted the screen brightness "PCM screen adjusted from 89% to 88% brightness due to light changes" or "AC compressor turned off as temperature reached target value", etc, etc).
This x100!

Have literally said the same thing so many times regarding those pop ups.

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
According to your screenshot, your range at 100% SoC is ~315 mi. That's obscene (mine's 250 on the best of days), so you could very well do with a bit more drain. :-( There.
It's a RWD and I'm 5'7 142 lbs. Basically a light horse with a jockey for a driver.

glon

First Name
Gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
They used to have widgets for Connect.
I think widgets for My Porsche is new.
They should have focussed on fixing the essential things first, such as stopping the car constantly going into privacy mode when I haven't asked it to!

Reactions: or1

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
They should have focussed on fixing the essential things first, such as stopping the car constantly going into privacy mode when I haven't asked it to!
That doesn't make flashy executive demos, or media presentations. By the time you experience glitches, they already have your money. ;)

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I added the widget to my Home Screen

IMG_2996.jpeg
If my car is plugged in and at it's at its target charge, I've noticed that the EVSE fires up when i check the car using the app. I guess it wakes the car up and it starts drawing power. So, if i have a widget up and running, will it keep the car awake (or drowsy) and drawing power?

Emokeff88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Hmmm 🤔 .... We're just referring to the widget? I've been using it since I purchased my Taycan (2022), since 2021.
Sponsored